The Car (1977) - Trailer

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Brendan72
Forest Giant

The Car (1977) - Trailer

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:09 am

Before James Brolin moved into a haunted house in Amityville, he was fighting demonic cars in the desert ... what is it with James Brolin and the common necessities of people? Is he just having bad luck with houses and cars? :D
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: The Car (1977) - Trailer

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 am

A crappy movie, but I loved it as a kid!

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:30 am

Dan the Damned wrote:A crappy movie, but I loved it as a kid!
That scene with the woman sitting by her window with the car coming outside used to scare me when I was a kid. My parents' house is out in the country, so we can easily see car headlights in the distance across the fields at night.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Reminds me of Spielbergs 1st movie" Duel" which came out in the early 70s.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:02 pm

I own this movie LOL

I love the horn on the car: BAHHH BA BA BAHHHH!!! And then when it was about to claim its victim the horn wold go BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA BA!

Good, fun, chezzy 70s crap LMAO
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Long before Christine...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:50 am

Is it just me or does a young James Brolin in that movie resemble Christian Bale?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

shank
Carpe Diem

Post by shank » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:53 am

I only remember this movie 'cause it was just soooo bad! :P My parents where down stairs watching Hee Haw, Lawrence Welk, or some other Cr@ppy old folks show! The upstairs tv that I shared with my sister only picked up 3 Canadian channels; Global Tv ( which I believe the car was airing on) CTV and some channel that was only in French. I can remember the horn blaring, and one scene where the car was grinding some bike rider on a guard rail.....Did the car crash through a house to take out a victim? Or am I thinking of another show? Help me out here.
Whatever.

[img]http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/shanks_tank/ga.gif[/img]

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:03 pm

Yeah, the car crashed through a house in one scene. I think filmmakers back then loved to show people how they weren't safe, even at home. Maybe because "Jaws" had the reputation of scaring people from ocean swimming.

Remember the scene in "Orca" where the killer whale actually crashes into a house? :roll:

shank
Carpe Diem

Post by shank » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Yeah, the car crashed through a house in one scene. I think filmmakers back then loved to show people how they weren't safe, even at home. Maybe because "Jaws" had the reputation of scaring people from ocean swimming.

Remember the scene in "Orca" where the killer whale actually crashes into a house? :roll:

Hey Dan!.....Jaws scared the @##$^!!!!! out of me. :shock: My brother snuck me in to see it when I was 10. We where living in Mich. on Lake Huron (and my mom still lives there) .... It would take the threat of death, and my dad's foot to get me on our boat for several years! :P ......I don't remember Orca crashing in a house.....I do remember him chasing down the captain on the ice flow, and then whapping him with his tail. Was this the 1st one, or was there a 2nd one?
Whatever.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Yeah, the car crashed through a house in one scene. I think filmmakers back then loved to show people how they weren't safe, even at home. Maybe because "Jaws" had the reputation of scaring people from ocean swimming.

Here's the scene where the car crashes through the house.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:51 am

shank wrote:I don't remember Orca crashing in a house.....I do remember him chasing down the captain on the ice flow, and then whapping him with his tail. Was this the 1st one, or was there a 2nd one?
Not sure if there was a sequel -- this was in the original -- the house was conveniently built so that it kinda hung over the ocean a bit on stilts. Here's the trailer -- you can catch glimpses of that scene in this (the house burns because of the orca's attack):

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm

Actually, in the movie, the house was knocked into the water the night after the big fire caused by the whale.

Kevin

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:23 pm

Killer whales hate houses. I think Orca was also driving the car that smashed through the house in "The Car."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Are these the points both films jump the shark?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:26 pm

Depends on your point of view. In Orca, the whale might have actually jumped the shark quite literally.

I saw both these films when I was a kid. I thought they were great. I loved seeing the whale eating people and the car grinding people to a pulp. "Death Race 2000" was another fave. I thought they all deserved the "best picture" oscar.

But of course, seeing them as an adult, I would think they were crap.

Just funny how both seemed to use the same "you're not even safe in your own living room" scenario. I'm sure some other films did that as well -- have something unthinkable happen to people in their living room (like being attacked by a whale or run down by a car) -- just can't think of any examples...

shank
Carpe Diem

Post by shank » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 am

Dan the Damned wrote: have something unthinkable happen to people in their living room (like being attacked by a whale or run down by a car) -- just can't think of any examples...

When I read that line the first thing that popped into my brain was the old SNL skit....Land Shark.....remember that one? :lol:

"Knock. Knock.......Who's there?.....Land Shark."

And then the unwitting comedian would open his front door and a giant foam shark came into the living room and ate the actor.
Whatever.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Dan the Damned wrote: "Death Race 2000" was another fave. I thought they all deserved the "best picture" oscar....
Hey Dan, remember in Death Race 2000 they needed to rack up some easy points so they drove through the rest home patio because the older targets couldn't move that fast?
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:24 pm

shank wrote:

When I read that line the first thing that popped into my brain was the old SNL skit....Land Shark.....remember that one? :lol:

"Knock. Knock.......Who's there?.....Land Shark."
I remember it well Shank.

Hey, have you tried the beer "Land Shark"? I think its Jimmy Buffett's brew. Damn smooth stuff!!!

http://www.landsharklager.com/public/ag ... fault.aspx

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:58 pm

I remember seeing "The Car" when I was a kid. I'd like to see that movie again.

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Killer whales hate houses.
Killer whales hate Bo Derek too!!! Thats the scene where orca bites off her leg. I'm actually looking for a copy of Orca.