Re: MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Post by BillyCigars » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:51 am

LOL, I'm confused, too!
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:04 am

I love to hate it lol. No, i'm really neutural about it. Last year everyone down here hated it and were running anti-MTV protests etc. After winter came and revenue went through the roof on MTV merchandise being sold in Seaside, Seaside Heights council lifted the ban on MTV filming here. Ironically just as Miami placed one (yes they got kicked out of Miami). This is kinda the "big thing" down here now but after the recent July 4th weekend some opinions have gone back to what they were originally.
The difference between the "Amityville Horror" and "The Horror of Amityville" is The Amityville Horror represents the haunting and money made after...the horror of Amityville represents the tragedy the befell the small Long Island town

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

The difference between the "Amityville Horror" and "The Horror of Amityville" is The Amityville Horror represents the haunting and money made after...the horror of Amityville represents the tragedy the befell the small Long Island town

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah, I read about that last night on TMZ.

On strike??? You've got to be kidding me.... :roll:

With so many people who make much, much less barely scraping by, and others who are unemployed and are desperate for any job, these ungrateful brats are complaining about not getting paid enough. How much money do they really think they can be worth when they're only playing themselves? Anyone could do what they do, honestly.

The more replaceable you are, the less you're worth, which is why a lot of these "reality stars" don't make as much money as other kinds of entertainers. I'm sure MTV would have no problem finding replacements who would be more than happy to accept the amount of money the original cast is so "dissatisfied" with-what they're making sure beats making minimum wage (or nothing at all), so they have no reason to be complaining.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Billy and Dan, I dont think its a question of "like" or "hate". I think this is bordering on obsession, if not crossing the border. LOL
Im not little, Im funsize!

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Post by crabs_jubilee » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 am

Fake or not, I've been OBSESSED since January. Own the DVDs and my friends and I quote Snooki every day.

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:15 am

If you want my opinion I think MTV IS FAKE PERIOD.Gone are the days of Martha quinn and Downtown Julie Brown.I miss those days. :(

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:41 am

When you get right down to it, life, itself, is fake.

surferguy72
Amityville Addict

Post by surferguy72 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:47 am

Dan the Damned wrote:When you get right down to it, life, itself, is fake.
:applause:

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

I don't get how their on strike for Season 3 when they are filming season 3 as we speak in Seaside.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Perhaps the strike is fake as well.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 pm

The strike has ended, according to TMZ. It appears that everyone is on board for season 3, except for Angelina (no big loss, she was too much of a "drama queen" anyway... :lol: )

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/20/jersey-sh ... son-3-mtv/

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:25 am

about 25 minutes ago my mom picked me up from my job in seaside and we drove down by the house to see whats up. We got caught in slow moving traffic and as we got close we saw a filming crane out front. Seaside Heights Police and MTV security have closed off the street and sidewalk in front of the house to pedestrians and only cars are allowed to move by in front. On the corners of the street were hundreds of people watching the cameras roll, sitting on top of cars, sidewalks, watching out hotel room windows, it's crazy.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:26 am

Chichibcc wrote:The strike has ended, according to TMZ. It appears that everyone is on board for season 3, except for Angelina (no big loss, she was too much of a "drama queen" anyway... :lol: )

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/20/jersey-sh ... son-3-mtv/
I guess I dont have to ask Danny (the owner of the house and shore store or aka "the boss") what he thinks about her being back lol. He usually hangs out in the shore store talking to tourists and fans.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:54 am

So I finally got to meet them...they aernt really that bad in person. However MTV security is starting to become a little bit more a pain to locals than the actual cast is. You can't use the bathroom in front of the shore store when they are there or else a MTV guard threatens you with force, then u get kicked off your own boardwalk, then they tell u that u cant take pics of them (haha nice try, but the 800 people that follow them aernt listening). MTV is trying to make it look like they aernt famous, and that nothing ever happened, due to the original basis of the show being people vacationing at the shore. Now you have 800-1000 people following them at one time around. They painted the garage door without reason on the show (obviously the real reason was vandalism). I can understand the extra security, as it was mentioned very early on that due to the number of possible fights they would bring in alot of security. They are just pissing people off by bossing them around the boardwalk.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:58 pm

I think MTV should just have a new cast every season. Using the same people over and over again may eventually make the show become pretty stale for many viewers.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Wouldn't that be just like "The Real World"? In fact, what's the big difference between Real World and Jersey Shore, anyway? I don't watch either, but is there a big difference between 'em?

As far as MTV is concerned, I think they'd make out better having a new cast each season. That way they won't have to pay 'em that much.

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Post by crabs_jubilee » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

I actually LIKE that its the same people over and over. After season 1 ended I said "I really hope we can follow these people each summer to see how they grow (or throw things lol). Would love to meet Snooki, as that has become my nickname since the show aired.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:In fact, what's the big difference between Real World and Jersey Shore, anyway? I don't watch either, but is there a big difference between 'em?
No, there actually isn't, as far as the clashing personalities and constant conflict is concerned....but I prefer The Real World because I know there will always be something new every season-new city, new cast, new house, etc.

Also, while both shows have some interesting characters, in general, I feel I can better relate to RW cast members, because the majority of them really do want to try to learn more about themselves and expand their horizons, while the Jersey Shore cast just seems to want to hook-up and party 24/7 (RW castmembers certainly do this too, but other facets of their lives are also explored on the show as well, making them less two-dimensional, more genuine and "real" to me than the Jersey Shore cast).

If RW used the same cast over and over again, I would not watch...because the "storylines" would practically remain the same.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm

I'm not surprised..... :roll: