MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Re: MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Post by VampireKen » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Update: Let the lawsuits begin!!!! Downtown toms river hosted the very first Jersey Shore Lawsuit two weeks ago. Also, the show has definetly had a impact here. Many teenagers are trying to be like the people on the show :roll: Some of the people trying to be like them show up at the hangouts tell us stuff (EX: You F***** are so stupid, what you like 12?) Even adults! A group came up by me and a few friends of mine and started cursing us out saying stuff how their all cool and stuff. However, one line that everybody uses now (mostly jokingly) is Ronnie's famous line "Come at me bro!". The stores that sell Jersey shore (not MTV) items are now selling MTV shirts (only one has been made so far).
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

crabs_jubilee
Amityville Member

Post by crabs_jubilee » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:54 am

All I can say, is that I'm obsessed with Snooki. I love my Snookums!

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

So, I finally mentioned this thread to a friend of mine who lives at the Jersey Shore. He's actually half irish and half italian, in case it matters lol. Anyways, from what he says, people there dont really care a whole lot. What the big uproar is about isn't how the shore is portrayed, but how Italians are portrayed. Says there's been a lot of articles out about that. And he also said he doubts any of this is going to matter to the millions heading their way starting next month. :lol:

All in all, he says no one really cares other than the stereotypical aspect. He also mentioned he didnt bother to watch the show, because just the commercials alone made him feel he dropped several IQ points lol
Im not little, Im funsize!

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:31 am

Here's the verdict on the second Jersey Shore Lawsuit: http://www.app.com/section/VideoNetwork ... 4177382001
The difference between the "Amityville Horror" and "The Horror of Amityville" is The Amityville Horror represents the haunting and money made after...the horror of Amityville represents the tragedy the befell the small Long Island town

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:22 am

So on Friday New Jersey found out some wonderful news: MTV will be filming season 3 of Jersey shore over the summer in Seaside Heights at the same time Season 2 is on TV.
The difference between the "Amityville Horror" and "The Horror of Amityville" is The Amityville Horror represents the haunting and money made after...the horror of Amityville represents the tragedy the befell the small Long Island town

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Wow, MTV isn't wasting any time...season two has yet to premiere, and season three is already planned!
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:59 am

So the uproar is pretty much over, but there's still some anger about it. I watch the show myself and I find it entertaining. At first alot of people were mad at it but now people really don't care as much. And in the most recent lawsuit against MTV (which I posted) The judge ruled that the fight between Ronnie and another guy was caused by the plaintif. It was also the ruling for the first lawsuit. However the criminal charges against Ronnie remain dropped. How it was filmed was the initial anger was directed at. But people aern't looking at the positive side. With all the fans of the show that came to Seaside during spring break, businesses probably gained. And with the recent news of MTV's return, it should be a good summer for the shore....or not.

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:03 pm

I thought MTV stood for Music Television? What happened? It's all reality shows now. The last time they played music was when they had TRL before it was canceled in 2008. Oh, how I miss the old MTV. Some reality shows are fine, even if they are fake. But I wish that they'd live up to their name and play music videos like they used to in the mornings (usually from 2 or 3 AM to somewhere around 7 or 8 AM, possibly later).

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 am

I agree...it's not as easy to find videos on MTV as it used to be....they've gone crazy with the reality shows.

I still find it pretty ironic that a music channel would create some of the first reality shows in television history, such as The Real World, Road Rules, etc. In that respect, MTV was, way ahead of the other networks.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat May 29, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm no longer the only person who realizes the good from the TV show. In fact, everybody on the shore is excited for season 3 to start filming in july. I took a walk by the house the other day and it's currently being fixed up for when the cast returns. All the local newspapers are reporting about the show.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat May 29, 2010 7:43 pm

According to this article, Vince Vaughn recently spent a night in the "Jersey Shore" House:

http://www.examiner.com/x-40516-Jersey- ... nce-Vaughn

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat May 29, 2010 7:55 pm

That's interesting. Nothing about it in any newspapers. They must have kept it really secret.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Sun May 30, 2010 8:27 am

It was on the radio the other day...he is renting it
Im not little, Im funsize!

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sun May 30, 2010 8:56 am

intresting. I know there's now a huge banner on the front of the house that promotes the the show. The Kardashians are in Seaside right now.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Mon May 31, 2010 12:50 pm

The house is currently being fixed up for Season 3, so nobody's in it right now. I read in the paper there are small talks of re-locating the cast but it hasn't been decided yet.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon May 31, 2010 5:06 pm

Arch of Toms River wrote:I read in the paper there are small talks of re-locating the cast but it hasn't been decided yet.
Stick them in 108 - I hear it's on the market ;)

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon May 31, 2010 6:25 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Arch of Toms River wrote:I read in the paper there are small talks of re-locating the cast but it hasn't been decided yet.
Stick them in 108 - I hear it's on the market ;)
:lol:

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:12 am

UPDATE: Season 3 has started filming in NJ but they aren't officially in Seaside until this weekend. I'm not sure where they've been staying but this current weekend they are in another part of Jersey. Seaside is FILLED with signs on restaurants and bars "WELCOME BACK MTV!" "MTV WELCOME BACK TO THE JERSEY SHORE" One restaurant was re-named after the show. As for the house, looks really crappy (after non-stop vandalism it should) and people are still paying $2000 to rent it for the weekend. The spin-off has started filming too.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:23 pm

Saw the preview of season 2 a couple days ago...it looks like things will be getting really, really ugly this time around, especially between the girls.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:00 pm

UPDATE: The house is no longer available as a tourist attraction. Today the house is once again part of the show. Getting near the house is easy but stop to take a picture and you will be met with the guard that now sits out front. The infamous garage door has been painted over after non-stop vandalism to it. So the cast arrived in Seaside Heights but we looked all over town for them but couldn't find them.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm confused. Do you hate this show or love it?