MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:21 pm

VampireKen wrote:IJust by the clips on insider last night (I taped it and still haven't watched it) the show looks ridiculous.
It is, but while watching, I still found it to be one of those shows that have that car wreck/accident affect-once you start watching, it's impossible to turn away, no matter how bad it is.

Somehow, this cast manages to be both outrageous and entertaining at the same time, at least to me.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 am

Someone has now lost their job and have been thrown in jail because of this show.
Id keep in mind that he made the choice to punch a woman in the face at a bar. That had nothing to do with the show, and probably more to do with his character. He had already been cut off by the bartender just before it happened, and was getting into her face. My guess is she stood up for herself and that's why she got popped. You meet all kinds in a bar.
It is, but while watching, I still found it to be one of those shows that have that car wreck/accident affect-once you start watching, it's impossible to turn away, no matter how bad it is.

Somehow, this cast manages to be both outrageous and entertaining at the same time, at least to me.
Id agree with that. But any time you put people in that age group in a place where they are living together your bound to get the same results. Just a bunch of people acting like kids.
Im not little, Im funsize!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 am

I ain't watching. Needs more nudity.

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Lol Dan. I tried watching. It has it's perks, but I couldn't stop thinking that this show may be one of the signs of 2012 :wink:

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I ain't watching. Needs more nudity.
:lol:

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 am

lol dan
I couldn't stop thinking that this show may be one of the signs of 2012
television in general makes me feel that way. Rock of Love and Charm School especially. But I was addicted to those shows :P

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:39 pm

The same problem Amityville experienced back in the 70s Seaside Heights NJ is now experiencing. The now famous house rented to the cast of "Jersey Shore" is in bad condition right now. Police patrols have increased in the neighborhood after the house continues to be vandalized. The garage door has writings on it and is damaged. People drive by and throw trash at the house, and the store where the cast worked is now under police protection. So why are people so angry? Because the MTV show "Jersey Shore" becomes ridiculous with every episode. "If they ever come back, they won't leave here again." says one person who lives in the town. Actually, the residents of the Jersey shore want them out...permanently. Sure, it will bring in business...but it just throws the image of the people of New Jersey in the dirt. The possibility of a second series seems impossible now. Considering the outrage and lookout for the cast.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Okay, I can understand the townspeople not really being crazy about the cast....but to vandalize the house they stayed in (which someone else, not the cast, owns, by the way), and disrupting their former workplace is just going too far.

They're no longer there now, and it was only a show...people really need to let this go and move on.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:12 pm

Chichibcc wrote:Okay, I can understand the townspeople not really being crazy about the cast....but to vandalize the house they stayed in (which someone else, not the cast, owns, by the way), and disrupting their former workplace is just going too far.

They're no longer there now, and it was only a show...people really need to let this go and move on.
Basically the same thing with Amityville. I'm probably gonna go see the house one day just to find out the extent of the damage. I have a feeling that the owner(s) are gonna have a tough time renting it out again, and they will probably fear that the people they rent the house to will trash it. I myself don't understand why so many people are going after the house. When Summer comes (and possible Season 2 is filmed) all hell will break lose. Bring on the traffic jams, extra cops etc.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:20 am

VampireKen wrote:I myself don't understand why so many people are going after the house.
Me, neither...it's just so immature. Besides, doing so isn't hurting the cast at all, who doesn't own the house, anyway, so it's just a waste of time (and energy).
VampireKen wrote:When Summer comes (and possible Season 2 is filmed) all hell will break lose. Bring on the traffic jams, extra cops etc.
If I were MTV, I would be very, very leery of filming a second season there, after the reaction of the town over the first one. I like watching the show, but because of all the outrage over it, I would be quite surprised to see a second season at all.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 am

Yeah, vandalizing the house is a stupid thing to do and it reflects more on the people of the town than the cast.

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 am

I haven't watched the show, and won't. But I did see a commercial for it, and all I can say is that there is one of the ugliest girls in the world on that show.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 pm

I sadly got to experience filming and it was absolutely ridiculous. The girls barged in and started cursing off some teenagers. When I saw the photo of the cast I was like "NO WAY!" In person you can tell their acting. All they did was come here to cause trouble. Actually they planned to come back for Season 2, because the Italian flag they hung outside was still there a few months ago. I haven't watched the show yet but everybody talks about how stupid the cast is. People literally laugh at the shows stupidity.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:31 pm

honestly, why let it bother you? they are kids lol. we have the same beach thing here: its called ocean city. kids act foolish there too. twelve years ago i partied there. point is, its just a show about kids being dumb

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 pm

A reality show on MTV is fake, and you're surprised?

MTV's "reality" shows (all the way back to The Real World) have been known to be scripted for years.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:58 am

MerchBoi wrote:A reality show on MTV is fake, and you're surprised?

MTV's "reality" shows (all the way back to The Real World) have been known to be scripted for years.
Very true, especially when it comes to the later seasons of RW (particularly some of the seasons after Seattle)...and let's not forget about The Hills (arguably the most scripted, staged reality show in MTV history), or in all of reality TV history, for that matter.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Chichibcc wrote:...and let's not forget about The Hills (arguably the most scripted, staged reality show in MTV history), or in all of reality TV history, for that matter.
I caught a bit of that the other night. Do they pass it off as real?

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Senator Vitale further requested that the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development opened an investigation into employment and wage practices, as well as the tax status of the “Shore Store” where cast members worked.[58] Officials refused to confirm whether or not a probe was taking place
Thats what happened to the store.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Chichibcc wrote:...and let's not forget about The Hills (arguably the most scripted, staged reality show in MTV history), or in all of reality TV history, for that matter.
I caught a bit of that the other night. Do they pass it off as real?
Yes, but the show is far, far from being anything even remotely resembling reality.

There have been constant rumors of behind-the-scenes manipulation of events by producers, alleged "retakes" of certain scenes, etc, even mysterious clothing/jewerly changes within the same scene...the list goes on and on.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:00 pm