MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

MTV's "Jersey Shore" is FAKE

Post by VampireKen » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:02 pm

For anyone who watches the new show "Jersey Shore" if you haven't heard yet it has received a VERY VERY Negative reception in New Jersey even causing an upcoming protest to take it off the air. The show is not real and basically everyone is very upset with MTV's new show. We aren't Guido. Many were actually offended by this show. The people involved with this show are actors, they are not real Jersey Shore residents.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Grave
If looks could kill then death would be my name...

Post by Grave » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:50 am

Okay, thanks for the info...
What's it about?..
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/GraveDiggersUnion/nutskick.gif[/img]

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:48 am

This is a "reality show", which contrary to the term means it is 100% FAKE. Just like all reality shows. I don't even know exactly what a "Guido" is, but based on the promo I just watched, I'd guess it is the nerds boys with the Jersey accents. I'm sure that there are plenty of them there in real life.

I would never watch this or any other "reality show", but all the people who look and act like the people in the promo love this kind of cr@p. Anyway, if you don't like watching FAKE "reality shows" try something far more realistic, like Star Trek reruns. :wink:

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:18 pm

There's actually gonna be a protest in NY this week. I'm gonna admit NJ does have some stupid beach rules (no running,no ball playing, $12 admission fee, no on the beach after 9 (but that's for safety) 1$ to change in a changing room and 2$ to add a shower to that, etc.) but how they portray the people is what's getting controversy.

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Grave wrote:Okay, thanks for the info...
What's it about?..
Here's a link to the trailer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx3ePHmmV6Y

Personally, I don't see what the big fuss is about...I've seen the trailers/promos on MTV, and the show comes across as being The Real World on the Jersey Shore, basically.

And if these people are acting....wouldn't surprise me, either. The Hills, one of MTV's most popular shows, has a notorious reputation for being "staged," and I still watch-to me, these kinds of "reality" shows are just harmless entertainment, nothing more.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 pm

I seriously doubt all reality shows are completely real.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:47 pm

I've actually met a lot of people throughout NJ who are like that. Not all, certainly, but a lot.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm

I watched the first two episodes earlier tonight....some of these characters' egos are so big, I'm truly shocked that their heads haven't exploded! :lol:

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:30 am

We aren't Guido
Youd better be real, real careful throwing around a term like that.
Im not little, Im funsize!

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:58 am

Forgive me (just found out what it means). But they are being stereotyped (which is where the offensive point is coming from also). Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Shore_(TV_series)

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:18 am

I dont care about the show. Im just tired of people throwing around derogatory terms. yes, I am Italian. My dad's side comes from New Jersey, by way of Naples, Italy.

Arch of Toms River
NOT 108 Ocean Ave

Post by Arch of Toms River » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:42 am

The show plays upon the stereotype of the guido, prompting criticism from groups such as the National Italian American Foundation and from some people living in the area.

Domino's Pizza recently pulled their commercials from airing during the show, citing "One of the ads happened to show up and once we saw what the program was, we decided that the content wasn't in keeping with what we're all about," Tim McIntyre, the company's vice president of communications
Hopefully this show won't get a season 2. I know many are making sure this doesn't happen. Besides calling italian americans deragatory names they took a shot at the women and young girls of the Jersey shore by calling them and portaying them a inapropriate term. UPDATE: apparently they have temporarily banned the show.

Here's MTV's defense:
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... star_.html

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:03 pm

I understand that many people from New Jersey, and many Italian-Americans, are outraged by the show, but people should try to remember that it's all it is-just a show.

Yes, these people did come across as pretty ridiculous when I watched the show last night on mtv.com, but it certainly doesn't mean that I think all Italian-Americans, or all people from New Jersey, for that matter, act this way....I would hope viewers would be intelligent and open-minded enough not to succumb to that way of thinking.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:26 am

I just watched a few minutes of the show yesterday. My boyfriend was so annoyed that, had it gone on any longer, Id have lost the remote! lol

There just kids. That's all. I did find it funny when a guy and a girl on the show were arguing and the girl threatened to cut the guy's hair while he was sleeping. Thats something Id say :twisted:

So far, from what I saw, I find it less annoying that Growing up Gotti. Talk about an embarassment! Gotti's grandkids, as well as their mother [his daughter] tossed around their relation to him on nearly ever episode. yet, they leave out how Gotti had actually said in a recorded conversation that those kids were an embarassment to him lol

Id like to see a show come on to portray what Italian American families are really like. You dont see that much, but you see alot of black and hispanic families portrayed on tv.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:11 pm

Someone has now lost their job and have been thrown in jail because of this show.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Who? What happened?

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Apparently one of the cast members tried flirting with a guy and his anger got the best of him and he punched her. He was a gym teacher at a school. It was on the news.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Oh, yes, I just read about that earlier. Totally uncalled for.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:52 am

They showed it on TMZ lastnight. I dont know what led to him punching her, they haven't said yet. Ill have to look into that. As far as him losing his job, no, not as of yet.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 am

OK, got the full story of what happened:
http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/413212_tvgif11.html

He's not a cast member, the girl who was punched is. Plus, I wouldn't blame the incident on the show, either. He was a random crazy jerk at a bar. Go into any bar and you'll find a couple of them.

VampireKen

Post by VampireKen » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:18 am

I wrote the girl was the cast member, but still. Just by the clips on insider last night (I taped it and still haven't watched it) the show looks ridiculous. I was around some filming and it was definitely not comfortable.