Burnt Offerings

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Re: Burnt Offerings

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Sweet Zuni wrote:I remember how much that Zuni doll scared me when I was a kid. It still is one of my favorite movies, therefore, I use the Zuni doll for my avatar. :D As with, "Burnt Offerings," I will be watching that movie today!! ;)
You bought it, downloaded it ? :shock: ;)

How did you find it after all those years ?
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:20 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:
Sweet Zuni wrote:I remember how much that Zuni doll scared me when I was a kid. It still is one of my favorite movies, therefore, I use the Zuni doll for my avatar. :D As with, "Burnt Offerings," I will be watching that movie today!! ;)

I actually bought both of them movies, no downloading. :lol: If I remember right, I think I just bought both of them on Amazon. Have you saw, "Trilogy Of Terror?" If not, check it out!! 8-) ;)

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:

I actually bought both of them movies, no downloading. :lol: If I remember right, I think I just bought both of them on Amazon. Have you saw, "Trilogy Of Terror?" If not, check it out!! 8-) ;)
Ok cool but did you enjoy "Burnt Offerings" after all those years ?

Which movie are you talking about ? ?

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Trilogy%20of%20terror

:roll: There are plenty...

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:36 am

Ok cool but did you enjoy "Burnt Offerings" after all those years ?

Which movie are you talking about ? ?

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Trilogy%20of%20terror

:roll: There are plenty...

Yeah, I love, "Burnt Offerings" and as always, Karen Black was great in it!! I always seem to love movies about haunted houses, probably because my house isn't haunted. :lol:

As for, "Trilogy Of Terror," here is the one that is a must see!! After seeing that movie as a child, I never wanted a Zuni doll in my doll collection. :shock: :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073820/

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 am

Cool Sweet Zuni, thanks.

I just ordered it. I hope it's a widescreen edition, because it was not mentionned.

I'll give you my feedback afterward.

See you :P

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:12 am

Architect of light 75 wrote:Cool Sweet Zuni, thanks.

I just ordered it. I hope it's a widescreen edition, because it was not mentionned.

Yes, let me know if you like it. :D

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:19 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:
Architect of light 75 wrote:Cool Sweet Zuni, thanks.

Yes, let me know if you like it. :D
:-D I sure will, see you around !

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Architect of light 75 wrote:I just ordered it. I hope it's a widescreen edition, because it was not mentionned.
"Trilogy of Terror" is a 1975 made-for-TV movie, so no widescreen.

It consists of 3 separate stories (hence the 'trilogy' in the title), all starring Karen Black. The best story is the last one -- "Amelia" -- which is the one everyone remembers (and the one we're all talking about in this thread -- the one featuring the little Zuni fetish doll). It's more "campy fun" than scary.

Image Image Image Image

'Amelia' was based on the short story "Prey," written by Twilight Zone writer Richard Matheson. In the late 90s they did a sequel (which was fun to watch, but not as good as the original).

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Yeah, the "Amelia" one is great and everyone always remembers the Zuni doll. The first story is good too, its called, "Julie." :D

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Architect of light 75 wrote:I just ordered it. I hope it's a widescreen edition, because it was not mentionned.

It consists of 3 separate stories (hence the 'trilogy' in the title), all starring Karen Black. The best story is the last one -- "Amelia" -- which is the one everyone remembers (and the one we're all talking about in this thread -- the one featuring the little Zuni fetish doll). It's more "campy fun" than scary.

'Amelia' was based on the short story "Prey," written by Twilight Zone writer Richard Matheson. In the late 90s they did a sequel (which was fun to watch, but not as good as the original).
Thanks for the info Dan & Sweet Zuni. I'm really looking forward to get that DVD.

See you guys :idea:

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:

Thanks for the info Dan & Sweet Zuni. I'm really looking forward to get that DVD.

See you guys :idea:

No problem, glad to help and I do hope you enjoy it!! :D

112 Ocean Ave
Somethings in life can't be explained

Post by 112 Ocean Ave » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 pm

I think that the mother got possessed and turned into her. remember at the very end how they put a picture of the family with all the others and that lady said how she knew they would get the house back. i think that everybody who lived their either became possessed or killed.
possession is nine-tenths of the law

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am

Hey :P

I received the DVD today, I might watch it tonight.

See ya :P

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:55 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:Yeah, the "Amelia" one is great and everyone always remembers the Zuni doll. The first story is good too, its called, "Julie." :D
Hey Sweet Zuni,

I watched it minutes ago, how cool :P

My favourite part was, was..... Therese the blond girl with the red dress and her high heels :love: :breakdance: :wall: ... :oops:

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Sweet Zuni wrote:Yeah, the "Amelia" one is great and everyone always remembers the Zuni doll. The first story is good too, its called, "Julie." :D
Hey Sweet Zuni,

My favourite part was, was..... Therese the blond girl with the red dress and her high heels :love: :breakdance: :wall: ... :oops:

:lol: :lol: Hopefully you liked the other stories too!! :lol: :lol:

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:
Hey Sweet Zuni,

:lol: :lol: Hopefully you liked the other stories too!! :lol: :lol:
;) Yeah but now I have this question : In the first episode, the teacher implies that everything the student did was because she wanted it that way. She even knew what he had said about wanting to see her under her clothes. How did she do all this ? That was never explained.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 am

;) Yeah but now I have this question : In the first episode, the teacher implies that everything the student did was because she wanted it that way. She even knew what he had said about wanting to see her under her clothes. How did she do all this ? That was never explained.

She had some evil magical powers to manipulate whoever she decided to choose. Of course, the guy she chose was an idiot, so she didn't have to use her powers too much with him. :lol: :lol: I liked how they had the movie, "The Night Stalker" playing at the drive inn. :D

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:05 am

Sweet Zuni wrote:

She had some evil magical powers to manipulate whoever she decided to choose. Of course, the guy she chose was an idiot, so she didn't have to use her powers too much with him. :lol: :lol: I liked how they had the movie, "The Night Stalker" playing at the drive inn. :D
Well yeah I figured that but they don't show her having, using those powers..

Thanks anyway.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:

Image Image Image Image

Enjoy!

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Sweet Zuni wrote:

Well yeah I figured that but they don't show her having, using those powers..

Thanks anyway.

True, they really don't show her using powers, but when they showed her looking at her scrapbook, you could see how many victims she claimed. :shock: Maybe had she wore that red dress and high heels, she wouldn't have had to use her evil powers to get victims. :lol: ;)

Sweet Zuni
Wicked As It Seems

Post by Sweet Zuni » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks, Kevin!! You have to love the Zuni doll. :D