Cryptozoology and Bigfoot: The Movies

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:08 pm

Brendan72 wrote:Who here knows that the great wrestler, the late Andre the Giant, played Bigfoot in an episode of Six Million Dollar Man?
here ya go...I just wish it didn't have crappyfilms.com plastered at the bottom. otherwise good stuff :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JktcQ2A32cU
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri May 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks for that!

That's something a lot of the researchers don't talk about - most Sasquatch creatures have a zipper running up their back... :shock:

I like how the space people are watching Lee Majors and Sasquatch wrestling around in the forest. I can just picture Bart Simpson shouting, "This movie has everything!!!"

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri May 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Thanks for that!

That's something a lot of the researchers don't talk about - most Sasquatch creatures have a zipper running up their back... :shock:
We tend to not mention that :) . Did you see Steve rip his arm off? I was pretty irked about that :x

nanananananananana
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri May 02, 2008 9:28 pm

Yes. And I noticed his tight pants, which didn't leave much to the imagination. Why didn't Robocop dress so provocatively???

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri May 02, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm about to watch this and relive a traumatic time of my life when I was five years old and saw this episode for the first and only time ... until now ... haha
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat May 03, 2008 11:31 am

Are you talking about the entire episode, or just the YouTube clip?

If its the whole episode, let me know if that "spinning tunnel" sequence is in this episode after all.

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Sat May 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Are you talking about the entire episode, or just the YouTube clip?

If its the whole episode, let me know if that "spinning tunnel" sequence is in this episode after all.
Yes, it's there. That whole story arc is one of the all-time favorites of the series.

I wish they'd release both Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman on DVD in the US. I think they've been available for quite a while over in Europe.

Here's that same clip, minus the stuff at the bottom. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5K-cVZkHc
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:33 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Are you talking about the entire episode, or just the YouTube clip?

The clip of the episode ... I can't remember the whole episode as I was very young at the time ... but watching the clip was quite nostalgic. Especially how much of a coincidence that Steve Austin bodyslammed Andre the Giant before Hulk Hogan did! lmao
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:34 am

dwighttrenfield wrote:

Yes, it's there. That whole story arc is one of the all-time favorites of the series.

I wish they'd release both Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman on DVD in the US. I think they've been available for quite a while over in Europe.

Here's that same clip, minus the stuff at the bottom. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5K-cVZkHc
Both are available on DVD here in Australia as well.
- Brendan72

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu May 22, 2008 5:22 pm

There is a Brand-New Bigfoot movie playing at Cannes! But is it any good?
Oddest movie is Duane Graves and Justin Meeks’ THE WILDMAN OF THE NAVIDAD from Kim Henkel, famed producer of the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. It’s a deliberately retro-styled BIGFOOT type Z movie that now only tests the patience.
From Greeks Productions and the producer of the original 70's horror classic The Texas Chain Saw Massacre comes The Wild Man of the Navidad. This vintage horror tale is based on the real-life journals of Dale S. Rogers. Shot in a 70's style B-movie aesthetic, Mr. Roger's veracious accounts are brought to vivid, chilling life in this intelligent retelling of an old rural legend involving a small Texas community terrified for years by a mysterious creature inhabiting the nearby woods.
Official site: http://www.wildmanofthenavidad.com/

The trailer looks not bad!

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Thu May 22, 2008 7:10 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:There is a Brand-New Bigfoot movie playing at Cannes! But is it any good?
Oddest movie is Duane Graves and Justin Meeks’ THE WILDMAN OF THE NAVIDAD from Kim Henkel, famed producer of the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. It’s a deliberately retro-styled BIGFOOT type Z movie that now only tests the patience.
The trailer looks not bad!
Wow, Excellent find Sherb!!!!!! I can't wait.

Did you watch the YouTube documentary on the film? I guess it has a basis of an actual legend, i.e. the Texas Historical marker and the telling of the tale through generations. I have never heard of this case (not that means anything) but of course I want to hear more about it.

As far as the movie trailer, the Sasquatch looks like a vagrant covered in rags but hey....if this is one directors vision of the creature than who am I to judge? Besides, I am a B movie fanatic and this was meant to be shot in a 70s movie, B Grade style so therefore, I will love it!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing
:D :D :D

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu May 22, 2008 8:19 pm

Too funny! The creature in that poster doesn't look scary at all. It looks like someone making an advertising pitch. Looks like he's smiling. Reminds me of Jimmy Durante saying, "I got a million of 'em..." :D

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Thu May 22, 2008 8:30 pm

LMAO Dan!

It also resembles something out of that old children's book "Where the Wild things are"

:lol:

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Re: Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Post by # 13 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:21 am

Dan the Damned wrote:It reminded me of a similar scene from one of these 70s flicks, which I was hoping would also be in this film. In it, some people were trapped in a house that was being pelted by stones (thrown by troubled Bigfoot teenage delinquents, I guess).
Hey Dan

Is this your troubled teenage Sasquatch delinquent scene? Fast forward to between 2:00 and 2:15 (or watch the whole thing....good stuff :D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq3EmS_r ... re=related

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:58 pm

*bump for Dan*

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:52 pm

Jetstar3D
Shiner

Post by Jetstar3D » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Mmm, the 6 million dollar man. I love how slo-mo is used to show strength and agility!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 am

The Wild Man of the Navidad is out now on DVD

LINK

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:35 am

# 13 wrote:
Dan the Damned wrote:It reminded me of a similar scene from one of these 70s flicks, which I was hoping would also be in this film. In it, some people were trapped in a house that was being pelted by stones (thrown by troubled Bigfoot teenage delinquents, I guess).
Hey Dan

Is this your troubled teenage Sasquatch delinquent scene? Fast forward to between 2:00 and 2:15 (or watch the whole thing....good stuff :D )

Sorry 13 -- I don't know how I missed your post from almost a year ago. :oops: The video has been removed now, so I don't know... Feel free to PM me if I don't respond to something -- sometimes I just miss stuff for whatever reason...

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
# 13 wrote:
Hey Dan

Sorry 13 -- I don't know how I missed your post from almost a year ago. :oops: The video has been removed now, so I don't know... Feel free to PM me if I don't respond to something -- sometimes I just miss stuff for whatever reason...
No problem Dan. That clip was from the 1977 movie "Sasquatch the Legend Of Bigfoot" and reenacts the attack on Fred Beck and a group of miners near Mt St Helens in 1924. One of the miners shot and killed a Sasquatch and they retaliated (sp) by pelting the cabin with rocks and tried to get in. I will keep an eye out for it. I will also own that movie someday. In the meantime, feel free to read about the incident here:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interv ... edbeck.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxq8h-ymPr0
(ignore the cheezy intro music :lol: )

And IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078203/

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:50 am

Yes, that sounds exactly like what I remember -- and 1977 would fit in with me seeing those types of films, as well. :D