Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:44 pm

# 13 wrote:
Has anyone watched this? Too bad the Sasquatch didn't do the world a favor and end this pervert as he was molesting him!!!!!!

Sorry people, I'm just pretty outspoken when it comes to pedophiles :x
Is this the face of a man you'd trust around kids?

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:25 pm

Hey All

I just posted on You Tube what I think is one of the best quotes on the Sasquatch phenomenon and the "taming" of the earth. I thought it was deep insight or maybe I'm just being unfrewy and trying to Cusp the Hux.

Let me here your thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2aoSXQ86A

Yep, I aint lettin this thread die huh? I'm milking it like a Wisconson dairy farmer :lol:
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:56 am

That clip definitely answers an age-old question - what Santa Claus does during the quiet months.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:28 pm

Brendan72 wrote:That clip definitely answers an age-old question - what Santa Claus does during the quiet months.
Ya, who would have thought ole St. Nick could be so profound :lol:
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:32 pm

I wonder how unfrewy Bigfoot is? Not THERE is a mystery!

shank
Carpe Diem

Post by shank » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:38 pm

News flash! Big foot found in Georgia!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402882,00.html

Great! There goes my neighborhood!

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm

shank wrote:News flash! Big foot found in Georgia!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402882,00.html

Great! There goes my neighborhood!
Good Job Shank

You beat me to it, I was actually just about to post this.

So, (Dan) anyone close (Dan) to Palo Alto that could attend this event and be (Dan) the eyes (Dan) and the ears of this board (Dan) in this conference (Dan)?

Anyone?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:22 pm

LOL -- I'm sorry, but Palo Alto is up near Frisco. Its about 400 miles from my place.

And with my luck, if I did end up making the 13-hour round trip, it'd end up being some publicity stunt for the release of a DVD box set of the old 1970 schlock Bigfoot films or something... :?

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Here's a picture of the body...

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home ... geId=1.1.1

Myself I think it's Robin Williams Mom.

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Apparently this isn't the first time Mr. Biscardi did a stunt or two for publicity:
Many believe this to be just another publicity stunt, as there have been several such Bigfoot hoaxes linked to Mr. Tom Biscardi in the past. As the LiveScience.com Web site points out: "Biscardi promoted a pay-per-view cable TV show in which he offered viewers the chance to see a Bigfoot captured on live television for only $59.95. That never happened."

Another similar story is presented by LiveScience, saying that back in 1995 Mr. Biscardi announced the capture of a 400 pounds Bigfoot, but the proof never surfaced.
http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Everyone ... 22216.html

Either way, it should be interesting to see if this "Press Conference" proceeds tomorrow...I really wanna believe, as ridiculous as it sounds. :lol:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:11 pm

I was wondering if this was real, why are they waiting for a press conference? They say the discovery was "recently" -- do any of the new reports specify when this discovery was made? You'd think news of the event would be released instantaneously. Why drag it out to California?

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Post by fairlyodd_58 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:37 pm

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm in SF but was up in Sacramento and wasn't able to attend the thing. Darnit!
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 pm

zzvampy wrote:I really wanna believe, as ridiculous as it sounds. :lol:
That doesn't sound ridiculous at all, especially from a woman from upstate Pennsylvania!!!! You live in prime Sasquatch country :D

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I was wondering if this was real, why are they waiting for a press conference? They say the discovery was "recently" -- do any of the new reports specify when this discovery was made? You'd think news of the event would be released instantaneously. Why drag it out to California?
Exactly my thought. If they had something they would have released, maybe for a fee I don't know, the "evidence" in Georgia pretty quickly. Perhaps they thought California was more "Sasquatch" country. Or better yet, maybe that was Tom Biscardi's doing.

I haven't heard when the discovery was made, and these jokers had a website that might have told us but it is down now.

No, they have nothing. If they did, they would have turned the body over to a credible science department for complete analysis (maybe for a fee, again I don't know) or would have contacted the Discovery Channel or something along those lines. The would not have hired someone like this Tom Biscardi guy, a "Las Vegas Promoter" as I have heard him called, for this.

Here is the latest:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404805,00.html

Here is the BFRO's message board thread on the subject:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php ... id=1900226

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:07 pm

# 13 wrote:
That doesn't sound ridiculous at all, especially from a woman from upstate Pennsylvania!!!! You live in prime Sasquatch country :D
The Northern Tier of PA is a hotbed for bizarre outdoor paranormal activity (get your minds out of the gutter...I said paranormal! :lol: )

In fact, I think most of you know of Jason Gowan...he recently joined Tim Yancey's Encounters program...Mr. Gowan is from my area, has his own website and I'm sure he could fill you in on all sorts of supernatural happenings up here.

We've got everything from the headless woman who roams the old railroad grade, to heavy breathing sounds coming from the creature spot as well as being heard in the Lyman Run Lake (State Park) vicinity, to strange dog-impish creatures roaming the night...ice mines that appear in the middle of summer (this really is a cool thing to see!) and on and on it goes...

Although...the area known as the "Creature Spot", IMO anyway, is nothing more than a remote location in the woods where boys take their girlfriends parking in hopes of scaring them into ...well, something~ :wink:

Really though, Potter/McKean and Tioga Counties in the northern part of PA deserve a movie of their own.

In fact, the 2004 movie The Village, was based on a story set in Covington PA. Covington is in Tioga County about a half hour or so from where I live.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/plotsummary

So, I guess I don't really need to venture all that far out my back door to find the paranormal.

As for bigfoot? I'll just keep hiking the PA Grand Canyon with my mini cam and hope for the best! :wink:

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 pm

zzvampy wrote:
# 13 wrote:
The Northern Tier of PA is a hotbed for bizarre outdoor paranormal activity (get your minds out of the gutter...I said paranormal! :lol: )

In fact, I think most of you know of Jason Gowan...he recently joined Tim Yancey's Encounters program...Mr. Gowan is from my area, has his own website and I'm sure he could fill you in on all sorts of supernatural happenings up here.

We've got everything from the headless woman who roams the old railroad grade, to heavy breathing sounds coming from the creature spot as well as being heard in the Lyman Run Lake (State Park) vicinity, to strange dog-impish creatures roaming the night...ice mines that appear in the middle of summer (this really is a cool thing to see!) and on and on it goes...

Although...the area known as the "Creature Spot", IMO anyway, is nothing more than a remote location in the woods where boys take their girlfriends parking in hopes of scaring them into ...well, something~ :wink:

Really though, Potter/McKean and Tioga Counties in the northern part of PA deserve a movie of their own.

In fact, the 2004 movie The Village, was based on a story set in Covington PA. Covington is in Tioga County about a half hour or so from where I live.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368447/plotsummary

So, I guess I don't really need to venture all that far out my back door to find the paranormal.

As for bigfoot? I'll just keep hiking the PA Grand Canyon with my mini cam and hope for the best! :wink:
Excellent

Any websites devoted to PA or at least Northern PA for paranormal activities and the like? And what is the link to Gowen's website?

I would also love to hear more about this:

"We've got everything from the headless woman who roams the old railroad grade, to heavy breathing sounds coming from the creature spot as well as being heard in the Lyman Run Lake (State Park) vicinity, to strange dog-impish creatures roaming the night"

Thanks ZZ

zzvampy
The Black Bralia

Post by zzvampy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Let me see if I can recruit Mr. Gowan himself to answer your questions. :)

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:31 pm

zzvampy wrote:Let me see if I can recruit Mr. Gowan himself to answer your questions. :)
Great

I will look forward to it.

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:50 pm

Surprise, surprise...this whole Bigfoot hoopla was a hoax...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -body.html

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:52 pm

Bigfoot fails DNA test
August 16, 2008 - 11:21AM

Results from tests on genetic material from alleged remains of one of the mythical half-ape and half-human creatures, made public at a news conference on Friday held after the claimed discovery swept the internet, failed to prove its existence.

Its spread was fueled by a photograph of a hairy heap, bearing a close resemblance to a shaggy full-body gorilla costume, stuffed into a container resembling a refrigerator.

One of the two samples of DNA said to prove the existence of the Bigfoot came from a human and the other was 96 per cent from an opossum, according to Curt Nelson, a scientist at the University of Minnesota who performed the DNA analysis.

Bigfoot creatures are said to live in the forests of the US Pacific Northwest. An opossum is a marsupial about the size of a house cat.

Results of the DNA tests were revealed in an email from Nelson and distributed at the Palo Alto, California, news conference held by Tom Biscardi, host of a weekly online radio show about the Bigfoot.

Also present were Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, the two who say they discovered the Bigfoot corpse while hiking in the woods of northern Georgia. They also are co-owners of a company that offers Bigfoot merchandise.

Despite the dubious photo and the commercial interests of the alleged discoverers, the Bigfoot claim drew interest from Australia to Europe and even The New York Times.

Biscardi said the DNA samples may not have been taken correctly and may have been contaminated, and that he would proceed with an autopsy of the alleged Bigfoot remains, currently in a freezer at an undisclosed location.