Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Bigfoot “Face Print” LIVE Broadcast- Watch It Here

Only one hour to go before the exclusive live broadcast in where a team of Bigfoot researchers reveal to the world their latest find. A find that they claim could rival the Patterson/Gimlin film of Bigfoot.
Watch the live feed here!
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/06/23/b ... ch-it-here

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:41 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Bigfoot “Face Print” LIVE Broadcast- Watch It Here

Only one hour to go before the exclusive live broadcast in where a team of Bigfoot researchers reveal to the world their latest find. A find that they claim could rival the Patterson/Gimlin film of Bigfoot.
Watch the live feed here!
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/06/23/b ... ch-it-here
I didn't catching the first few minutes of the broadcast, so maybe I missed something... But from what I did catch, apparently they have some DNA they believe is from Bigfoot but they haven't actually tested it yet.....

Wouldn't it make more sense to hold the news conference until after they had the DNA results in? Or was there some other aspect to this conference I didn't catch?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Right. This "live broadcast" hype reminds me of that 2008 hoax (with the rubber gorilla costume mixed with opossum entrails). Remember that one? They had a similar hyped press conference and all...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:43 am

Apparently they left their car alone for three days and returned to find some prints on it...

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/06/23/f ... -and-video

"it's a bear!" cries eveyone else... :twisted:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:52 am

Knuckle prints? Look just like paw prints to me.

And with an SUV containing a cooler filled with food, they're lucky the bear didn't smash the glass, eat the food and trash the vehicle in the process (looking for more food). Not too bright...

Matt
Amityville Member

Post by Matt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:37 am

Nice.

It's just these kinds of knuckleheads who bring negative attention to what I consider to be worthwhile inquiry.

I hope their skills in seeking out the paranormal are better than their skills in evaluating potential natural phenomena.

eber3
complete jackass

Post by eber3 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Apparently they left their car alone for three days and returned to find some prints on it...
And it had also been driven and had empty Jack Links Beef Jerky packages in and around it, right?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:43 am

Bigfoots dem love dat jerky...
Matt wrote:The documentary is National Geographic American Paranormal: Bigfoot
Thanks again for those links. As you say, very interesting how even today's top special effects people can't fully re-create the Patterson/Gamlin "costume" without resorting to CGI, as shown by the guys at the Jim Henson creature shop. They can come close, but even their best shots use material that wasn't available in 1967.

I really enjoyed the third video, where they try to match a human-scale figure to the subject in the Patterson/Gamlin footage, showing that a human just can't fit into a costume of these dimensions while making those kinds of movements that we see. The shoulders, torso, hip and leg joints just don't match up for a human to make such a costume work. This is shown by Hollywood monster-costume designer Bill Munns, and he shares his research here.

Shame they didn't spend a few more seconds on the figure's long arms. In the doc, they explain it away with "arm extensions" as shown by Jim Henson's guys. That's fine, and that can explain extra long forearms -- but how about the distance from the shoulder to the elbow? You can't extend that with a human costume, unless you have the costume's head up higher than the human's head (in which case we wouldn't have that good looking head movement, or realistic shoulder movements).

I wish they would have measured that. Maybe such a measurement is in Bill Munns' research. He has an awful lot of info -- much more than most people would have time to read...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Cool. So do I win a prize? lol

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 pm

I'll hold a live press conference for you!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Great! And I've already prepared the script for my announcement:
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, members of the press, members of Big Foot Finders Local 822, and your majesty. I am here today to announce that I had concluded just this morning that the face and hand prints allegedly left by a Bigfoot creature, were most likely that of a bear.

I realize this information was made available on the Internet last night, but I promise I didn't know about it then, instead coming upon this conclusion using my own superhuman wits and modest nature.

I think when we all get together and focus on the issue of Bigfoot and cryptozoology in general, we often overlook one key factor. And that factor is "What does Dan the Damned think about this?" Well today you know the answer to that question. And for our many tomorrows, I have passed around business cards with my email address printed on them, allowing you to contact me when the desire to know just what I am thinking becomes overbearing.

A select few of you have received red business cards which include my personal phone number. These I have handed out to people in the crowd I find attractive, and you should contact me immediately -- or maybe just kinda hang out after this press conference is done.

And now just for fun, I present to you an Igloo cooler with the decomposed body of Jodie the Pig. Please crowd around, but don't touch it, or else you will receive a curse from an ancient Indian. This will be your only chance to view these remains before I flush them down the toilet in my hotel room this evening. And of course there will be no DNA testing for obvious reasons of stupidity.

I would personally like to thank all of those responsible for this moment. Chiefly among them Mr Sherbet Bizarre who made this press conference possible, and frankly nobody else. And as a reminder this press conference has been sponsored by Shasta Cola, with their lovable slogan, "Some people wouldn't know a good deal if it hit them in the head!" So to conclude this press conference, I would ask that you all remain perfectly still so that I can hurl these cans of Shasta Cola at your heads. Thank you all.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:00 pm

:clap:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:05 pm

The conference left us with more questions than answers, problems that seemingly should have been solved before holding this press conference. Why wasn’t the supposed DNA given to one of the groups that offered to have it tested for free? Why were there no animal biologists brought into the investigation? Where is this magical location rife with Sasquatch activity? Is it accessed by logging roads? Could the “barricades” have been due to a logging truck? Did you really believe that this rudimentary evidence was worth holding a press conference over? Couldn’t the money spent renting the banquet hall been better served as an investment toward funding the DNA mapping yourselves?

Unfortunately, when and if these lingering questions are answered, it will have already been too late. They blew their shot in a bid for attention, whether it be for the end game of money or fame, and in doing so, have further damaged the reputation of cryptozoology as a whole.

The boys cried wolf Sasquatch and I don’t think many people, much less the media, will be willing to listen to them a second time around
The Incredibly Disappointing Bigfoot Press Conference

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Similar to the damage people like Holzer have done to the Amityville haunting case... :?

A lot of similarities between Amityville and Bigfoot (specifically the Patterson/Gimlin film). I think the majority of the public think both are hoaxes, but if you dig into the hoax theories, they don't seem to hold water. Not so easy to dismiss the PG film or the Amityville story as a hoax. And on the flip side, there is also not enough evidence to prove either is 100% real...

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:56 pm

Almost mockingly, there exists a series of “secret” web pages hidden on Sanger Paranormal’s website that are accessed by clicking on a tiny image of what looks to be Bigfoot. Within these pages the viewer is treated to Jeffrey Gonzalez’ concept for a reality television series that he describes, in all seriousness, as “the paranormal smackdown of the century.” You can even view the ready made casting reel at Erthbound Entertainment’s production website.
“the paranormal smackdown of the century.” SWEET!!! :roll:
Last edited by # 13 on Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:I've seen them. They seem kinda fun and interesting. The BFRO guys said they haven't seen the shows until they've aired, and they're kinda upset about some of the tricky editing the production company has done.

For instance in this last show the researchers see a suspicious figure in the woods with their heat-sensitive equipment. You see footage of it on screen. But in real life the figure wasn't recorded because of a technical issue (or maybe someone wasn't ready), so the production company inserted some thermal images of a person walking through the woods (without using a disclaimer or anything). The viewer is made to think that the footage they are seeing is actually the unidentified figure when it is not. If I hadn't read one of the BFRO guy's facebook page I wouldn't have known.
Here is more of what Dan touched on about the production and editing of "Finding Bigfoot" from Matt Moneymaker (on Loren Colemans site, Cryptomundo):

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-repo ... ing-bf-22/
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 pm

I admire the way they come out and tell the public what is going on (like the Lutzes did with Anson's book) rather than just sit quietly and go along with it all. As I mentioned before, they have no control over how the production company edits and manipulates the show.

Matt
Amityville Member

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:29 am

As a result of the above linked documentary (Legend meets Science) I've ordered and am reading Jeff Meldrum's accompanying book which goes into far more detail than the documentary could go into.

In the beginning chapters, he makes a link between legend and scientific data, and how it seems that with regard to cryptozoology, a good portion of old legends have eventually become animals that are now known to science (giraffes, elephants, gorillas, etc). He goes into some specific detail about primates (as that's his area of specialty) and the legends of Indonesia's little people (Hobbits, gnomes etc) who are described as diminutive but ferocious. These particular legends have existed for hundreds of years but have been scoffed at by modern science until a few year ago with the discovery of Homo Floresiences:

There is a lot of similar legend amongst the people(s) indigenous to the Pacific Northwest in particular, about a very large hairy man or wild man that is much in line with what people reported in Indonesia.

Is it hard evidence (like the footprints)? No, but circumstantial evidence less powerful than this lands people in prison.

The short story, for me, is that I'm really glad science is actively engaged again in studying Sasquatch. I know Jeff Meldrum has taken personal heat for going against the grain (in the style of Michael Cremo) on the this. I think it's fascinating, personally , and I hope I live long enough to see it all come to fruition (one way or the other).

_____

By the by, the first minute of the 2nd part of the above video is really interesting as well... kind of shoots a stray mortar at progressive evolution (doubt).

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:48 pm

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Is this El Chupacabra??? Let me know what you all think.

http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/chupa ... /26090386/