Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:27 am

Hi folks

I have been keeping my distance from the Amityville case for nearly a month now, which is why I have not been contributing so much to either this board or the Amityville Files board.

My interests have redirected towards cryptozoology - in particular the people referred to in the US and Canada as bigfoot, sasquatch, the skunk ape (in Florida) or the forest giants.

A few years ago Tim Yancey interviewed Robert W Morgan, who is President of American Anthropological Research Foundation (aka AARF), and when I recently listened to this interview my interest was rekindled in the forest giant. The interview with Robert Morgan can be found here:

http://www.timyancey.com/media/encouters_BigFoot.mp3

I have also been looking at YouTube's contribution of bigfoot related documentaries, the majority of which are from the 1970's, in the form of In Search Of ...

In Search Of ... Bigfoot (Part 1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0S2zPNP6s

In Search Of ... Bigfoot (Part 2):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K8gs1oiaRo

In Search Of ... Bigfoot (Part 3):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcxHkXUO-Y

For those of you who are not aware of the infamous bigfoot footage taken in 1967, which is known as the Patterson-Gimlin film, then here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol8ifMrFN9U
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Cryptozoology and Bigfoot

Postby # 13 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:31 pm

Brendan72 wrote:My interests have redirected towards cryptozoology - in particular the people referred to in the US and Canada as bigfoot, sasquatch, the skunk ape (in Florida) or the forest giants.

A few years ago Tim Yancey interviewed Robert W Morgan, who is President of American Anthropological Research Foundation (aka AARF), and when I recently listened to this interview my interest was rekindled in the forest giant.

AHHH Sasquatch, now you are talking my language.

I have been obsessed with the Sasquatch mystery since the tender age of 5 or 6. I have most of those documentarys from the 70s including "the Mysterious Monsters", the "In Search Of" episodes and "Monsters, Mysteries or Man" as well as newer ones. The Schick Sun stuff was great!!!!!

I have been attending the Eastern Ohio Bigfoot Conference for some time now and almost met Robert Morgan. He was ill and could not come, which was a bummer. I have met alot of notable invesigators in the field at these conferences though. Here is a link to the EOBIC:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/home.html

As far as the PGF, Frame 352 mate :D
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/naish-fr-352/

Anyways, I am planning on putting my Sasquatch stuff on You Tube in the near future and I will let you know when I do. I will talk Sasquatch anytime :D

By the way.... any recent Yowie or Orang Pendek sightings down under?
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:35 am

# 13 wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:My interests have redirected towards cryptozoology - in particular the people referred to in the US and Canada as bigfoot, sasquatch, the skunk ape (in Florida) or the forest giants.

A few years ago Tim Yancey interviewed Robert W Morgan, who is President of American Anthropological Research Foundation (aka AARF), and when I recently listened to this interview my interest was rekindled in the forest giant.

AHHH Sasquatch, now you are talking my language.

I have been obsessed with the Sasquatch mystery since the tender age of 5 or 6. I have most of those documentarys from the 70s including "the Mysterious Monsters", the "In Search Of" episodes and "Monsters, Mysteries or Man" as well as newer ones. The Schick Sun stuff was great!!!!!

I have been attending the Eastern Ohio Bigfoot Conference for some time now and almost met Robert Morgan. He was ill and could not come, which was a bummer. I have met alot of notable invesigators in the field at these conferences though. Here is a link to the EOBIC:
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/home.html

As far as the PGF, Frame 352 mate :D

Anyways, I am planning on putting my Sasquatch stuff on You Tube in the near future and I will let you know when I do. I will talk Sasquatch anytime :D

By the way.... any recent Yowie or Orang Pendek sightings down under?

Hey there and thanks for your input. I have bookmarked those sites for later viewing. And yeah it would be great if you could let me know when you have the YouTube vids up for viewing.

I watched the In Search Of ... episode from 1977 the other day, hoping to see if Robert Morgan was on there, but alas he wasn't ... Peter Burn and Dr Grover Krantz were on there. Robert Morgan knew them both well but had a falling out wth Peter Burn. Dr Krantz sadly passed away in 2002 aged 70, and donated his body to science.

Morgan also explained on the AARF show (also on blogtalkradio.com) how the mainstream scientific community and academia are systematically covering up the existence of bigfoot because, Morgan says, they are predominantly christian and the notion of us humans not being on the top of the chain (ie in God's image) is something they just do not want to admit to themselves.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:36 am

# 13 wrote:As far as the PGF, Frame 352 mate :D

There was a lot to read there, but basically he's saying it looks like a real creature?

And yeah, that movie sounds like the end of Boggy Creek - which is my favourite Bigfoot film!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Whoa there! Didn't you know Rick Moran says the Boggy Creek monster doesn't exist?

http://www.asup-inc.org/pages/topics/articles/boggy_creek.html

:P
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby dwighttrenfield » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:03 pm

Really Sherb? Then who's this? :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr5K-cVZkHc
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe
dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Postby Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:14 pm

I thought Ric Moran said the Boggy Creek monster was working as a DEA agent in the 70s? Didn't a psychic tell him this? Or did I get that mixed up? :?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby # 13 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:48 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
There was a lot to read there, but basically he's saying it looks like a real creature?

And yeah, that movie sounds like the end of Boggy Creek - which is my favourite Bigfoot film!

What I got out of it is that he is saying that so many skeptics base their observations on known primate and human caracteristics and say that no female ape can have a sagittal crest and no female human can have hairy breasts (as well as other points along that line). It seems that he is pointing out that the traits in the subject of the PGF are very possible but exaggerated. But in essence, I think he is saying that it could be a real creature.

Who knows if we are talking about an "ape" at all? I have always been intrigued by the relic hominid/anthropoid theory anyways.

As far as Boggy Creek, Oh Ya...... one of my favorites and one of the ones that I think led me to this obsession. I will try to upload Dans hairy hand coming through the bathroom window scene soon for all to enjoy :D :D :D
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 am

# 13 wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:

What I got out of it is that he is saying that so many skeptics base their observations on known primate and human caracteristics and say that no female ape can have a sagittal crest and no female human can have hairy breasts (as well as other points along that line). It seems that he is pointing out that the traits in the subject of the PGF are very possible but exaggerated. But in essence, I think he is saying that it could be a real creature.

Who knows if we are talking about an "ape" at all? I have always been intrigued by the relic hominid/anthropoid theory anyways.

As far as Boggy Creek, Oh Ya...... one of my favorites and one of the ones that I think led me to this obsession. I will try to upload Dans hairy hand coming through the bathroom window scene soon for all to enjoy :D :D :D

# 13 - did you know that Robert Morgan and his adopted father (who was a descendant of Geronimo) made an observation when viewing the PGF?

That observation was that there was a possible second and third bigfoot in the film - a large male hiding ahead of the female out in the open, as well as a baby (or younger) bigfoot elsewhere in the background?

His idea was that the female was leading Patterson and Gimilin, who were both carrying rifles at the time, away from the child and towards the male who was hiding on the other side. If Patterson and/or Gimilin opened fire, he (Morgan) believes that the male would have come out and attacked them, or if they decided to pursue the female, then the male would have been in the bush awaiting to attack them.

In essence it was to protect the child.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby # 13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Brendan72 wrote:# 13 - did you know that Robert Morgan and his adopted father (who was a descendant of Geronimo) made an observation when viewing the PGF?

That observation was that there was a possible second and third bigfoot in the film - a large male hiding ahead of the female out in the open, as well as a baby (or younger) bigfoot elsewhere in the background?

His idea was that the female was leading Patterson and Gimilin, who were both carrying rifles at the time, away from the child and towards the male who was hiding on the other side. If Patterson and/or Gimilin opened fire, he (Morgan) believes that the male would have come out and attacked them, or if they decided to pursue the female, then the male would have been in the bush awaiting to attack them.

In essence it was to protect the child.

I have heard of people saying that they see more than one Sasquatch in the film, possible in the forest surrounding the dry creek bed (Bluff Creek) but I myself cannot see anything in the background. I have not heard the theory about a male hiding in the background to protect a child either.

I have heard the theory that the mass on Pattys belly (as she has been known to be called) actually meant she was pregnant, hence the reason she was moving so slow.

I did not know about the Geronimo connection but thanks for the info. Thats interesting. It seems to me that have I read somewhere that Patterson or Gimlin (I can't remember which) had a Native American background as well.
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am

Apparently Morgan's adopted father, who picked the two sasquatches in the film, died short of his 111th birthday.

Here is the pic from the AARF site with the male sasquatch:

http://www.trueseekers.org/283689710.jpg
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby # 13 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Brendan72 wrote:Apparently Morgan's adopted father, who picked the two sasquatches in the film, died short of his 111th birthday.

Here is the pic from the AARF site with the male sasquatch:

http://www.trueseekers.org/283689710.jpg

Excellent, I will have to pause it at that sequence of frames and concentrate on the background.
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 am

When I get a chance to watch it I will ... do you listen to AARF show on blogtalkradio.com ?? Robert Morgan gets on there weekly.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby # 13 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 am

Brendan72 wrote:When I get a chance to watch it I will ... do you listen to AARF show on blogtalkradio.com ?? Robert Morgan gets on there weekly.

No, I didn't know about it. I will have to check it out. Since you mentioned Robert Morgan I have been doing some reading up on him and the AARF. I didn't know he was from Ohio...a Homeboy....alright!!!!!! I also didn't know he was a veteran.

I am hoping to make the Conference this year after a 3 year hiatus. Igor Bourtsev and Jeff Meldrum are supposed to speak and it seems there is always an AARF rep there so maybe I can send you some good information when I get back.

You can read about it here.
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/abc.html

I also have not forgotten about the You Tube videos, I just have not had a chance yet.
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 pm

# 13 wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:When I get a chance to watch it I will ... do you listen to AARF show on blogtalkradio.com ?? Robert Morgan gets on there weekly.

No, I didn't know about it. I will have to check it out. Since you mentioned Robert Morgan I have been doing some reading up on him and the AARF. I didn't know he was from Ohio...a Homeboy....alright!!!!!! I also didn't know he was a veteran.

I am hoping to make the Conference this year after a 3 year hiatus. Igor Bourtsev and Jeff Meldrum are supposed to speak and it seems there is always an AARF rep there so maybe I can send you some good information when I get back.

You can read about it here.
http://www.angelfire.com/oh/ohiobigfoot/abc.html

I also have not forgotten about the You Tube videos, I just have not had a chance yet.

It was in 1957 when while in the Navy and on shore leave in Washington state that Robert Morgan had his first bigfoot sighting. It wasn't until about 1969 that while reading an article written by I think Ivor Sanderson (sp?) that he made the connection and began his real interest in it. I think that for a while he thought bigfoot sightings were isolated in the Pacific Northwest (Washington state, Oregon and California) as well as I think in Arizona, that he heard about sightings in Ohio, his homestate.

Morgan goes into these in more detail on his interview with Tim Yancey on Encounters but also on blogtalkradio. The participants in the radio show are AARF members. There is one gentleman who lives in Florida and is either part or full blooded native American and has had experiences with the "Skunk Ape" (as it is referred to in Florida and a term that p*sses Morgan off because it is NOT an ape for the reasons that he explains such as bigfoot stands upright unlike an ape).

I think also that while he was listening to the Sierra recordings from the early 1970's that he heard English words in the bigfoot sounds such as "you're not welcome!".

I hope you meet some of the people from AARF while at that convention. I wish I was closer so I could attend. In Australia we have the Yowi but I have had no sightings here. I have a relative who in the 1970's saw a very large hairy creature crossing a deserted road one night when they were driving home with their then married partner. I have no reason to disbelieve her.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby # 13 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Brendan72 wrote:I think also that while he was listening to the Sierra recordings from the early 1970's that he heard English words in the bigfoot sounds such as "you're not welcome!".

I hope you meet some of the people from AARF while at that convention. I wish I was closer so I could attend. In Australia we have the Yowi but I have had no sightings here. I have a relative who in the 1970's saw a very large hairy creature crossing a deserted road one night when they were driving home with their then married partner. I have no reason to disbelieve her.

Speaking of the Yowie and the Conference, I guess Tony Healy from Australia was in attendance last year to talk about the Yowie. I would love to have a copy of his new book. I guess the Yowie (as well as Orang pendak) is alot more aggressive than our Sasquatch.

Do you have the Sierra Sounds or a website to hear them? If you dont, I might be able to post them on You Tube. I don't have the full file though, just a part of what they recorded. It sounds like a very angry pig that also whistles (hey maybe its Jodie :o ).
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby # 13 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:30 pm

# 13 wrote:Speaking of the Yowie and the Conference, I guess Tony Healy from Australia was in attendance last year to talk about the Yowie. I would love to have a copy of his new book. I guess the Yowie (as well as Orang pendak) is alot more aggressive than our Sasquatch.

By the way here is a short news cast talking about the 2007 Conference and Tony Healy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIM8sy2BZ_E
# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks for that ... interesting ... though I doubt that the forest giant will surface to a crowd of 15 to 20 or more people ... usually a group or 1 to 3 is suffficient ... over many months so they can get used to the individuals.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:21 pm

fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:40 pm

I remember The Simpsons doing a send-up of the Patterson-Gimlin film, and it zoomed in on Sasquatch wearing a gold watch ...
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby fairlyodd_58 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:48 pm

Brendan72 wrote:I remember The Simpsons doing a send-up of the Patterson-Gimlin film, and it zoomed in on Sasquatch wearing a gold watch ...

I think I have that episode. I think it was Homer Bad Man, not sure though.
fairlyodd_58
Earthbender

Next

Return to Amityville Coffee House