Paranormal Activity movies

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Paranormal Activity movies

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:27 pm

‘Paranormal Activity’ Will Rise Twice in 2014

Paramount and Blumhouse Productions have been very happily cranking out a new Paranormal Activity film each year since the first became a smash hit in 2009. But the fifth film won’t hit this October. It was pushed back not long ago, and we know now that Paranormal Activity 5 will open (as expected, more or less) on October 14, 2014. There are no announced writers or directors for the film at this point.

But there’s another dose of supernatural found-footage horror coming before that October ’14 date. STYD reports that the first spin-off from the series, aimed at the Latino audience and called Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones, will be one of the first films out of the gate next year. Release is planned for January 3 2014. Paranormal Activity 2-4 writer Christopher Landon directed the film, and this confirms the expected January release date.

We don’t know what the story of The Marked Ones will be at this point. We understand that it is set in the same general world as the other films, but don’t know if it relates directly to the story established in the first four core films in the series.
http://www.slashfilm.com/paranormal-act ... e-in-2014/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:05 pm

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Wow! That definitely looks promising. Thanks for posting.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:29 pm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 pm

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:58 pm

Could the PA movies get any more creepy? Sheez. That was intense.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 am

amityville 815
Amityville Member

Post by amityville 815 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:58 am

I have to say "The Marked Ones" was the best PA yet and the ending has a cool tie in with the ending from the first movie :clap:
[color=#0000FF:2q8v26bi][b:2q8v26bi]Life is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff[/b:2q8v26bi][/color:2q8v26bi]

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:03 pm

You really thought it was the best of all the PA movies? I thought it was good as well, maybe not the best. Hector and Jesse (the two main characters) were hilarious.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm a huge horror movie fan but I loathe 'found footage' movies. I've never seen one that I thought was in any way actually scary. The Paranormal Activity films are some of the most boring I've seen.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Really? The worst? That bad? Why do think that? If you forget the hype and watch pa 1....… it is darn good. But hey, we are all entitled to our opinions.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:13 pm

I think the premise is a good idea, but I've yet to see a FF movie that lived up to it. It's often used to disguise poor direction, poor acting, and poor camera-work in a production that wouldn't otherwise see the light of day. I love creepy ghost stories; I've just posted a list of my own favourites actually. In literature I admire hugely works that manage to create and sustain that sense of creeping dread (e.g. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill, The Turn of The Screw by Henry James, The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, and the ghost stories of M. R. James) and I like my ghost films to create that same feeling. Unfortunately, for me the PA franchise doesn't do it. That said I know they're (obviously) hugely popular - and successful.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Apparently this one, out at Halloween, will be the final chapter:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:40 pm

Exsecratio
Amityville Member

Post by Exsecratio » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:52 pm

"Horror of the heights" would be my choice if it ever got to film.

Mostly because I lived in the town the story was about (Salisbury / Amesbury in Wiltshire)