Paranormal Activity movies

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I thought the film was very good. I enjoyed it even more on a second viewing.

I legit turned away at the end.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Re: Just Back From The Theatre

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

BillyCigars wrote:
Chichibcc wrote: But at least the director of Paranormal Activity didn't use that "real footage" gimmick to promote the film, though.
Actually they did. The first frame of the movie is text that reads something like, "The producers of this film would like to thank the families of Micah & Kate as well as the such-and-such Police Department for providing the following footage".
They mean the producers as in - the producers of this fictional video footage.

Fr Dennis Kibbler
That evil is searching for souls

Re: Paranormal Activity movie

Post by Fr Dennis Kibbler » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

I think someone mentioned this earlier, but Paranormal Activity reflects a little bit of Amityville.

The film is set in San Diego, which is where the Lutzes ended up after leaving the house.

A lot of the events occur at 3:15AM - if not right on, give or take a few minutes.
"You told me the house was saved now."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Screams in Italy as horror film terrifies the young

A low-budget horror film has caused a stir among politicians in Italy after teenage cinemagoers were traumatised by the movie.

An Italian news agency reported that emergency services took dozens of calls, especially in southern Naples, from cinemagoers shocked by the film.

"Several panic attacks lasting more than half an hour took place," an emergency response worker said.

"The most serious case is that of a 14-year-old girl who was brought to the hospital in a state of paralysis."

The Italian parents' association noted that admission to the movie is restricted in the United States, Britain, Germany and The Netherlands and asked for an age limit of 18 in Italy.

Defence minister Ignazio La Russa said: "For the past two weeks a trailer has been shown obsessively on TV, and is terrifying thousands of children."

In the film Katie and Micah, haunted by paranormal phenomena, decide to tape their ordeal in the style of 1999 hit "The Blair Witch Project".

"Paranormal Activity", which cost a mere $15,000 (£9,600) to make, opened in Italian cinemas over the weekend and has already taken more per cinema than Hollywood blockbuster "Avatar" – the costliest movie of all time.

Alessandra Mussolini, granddaughter of the Italian fascist dictator and head of a parliamentary committee on children, said the film had "highly distressing content" and was causing "panic attacks and psychological problems among youths."

"I don't think we can ban 'Paranormal Activity' now, but surely we need to study how to warn parents of the risks their children are incurring," Mussolini said.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... young.html

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 pm

That seriously is unbelievable. This seems a joke... Watching Paranormal Activity is causing paralysis? :D :D :D :D :D

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:57 am

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Re: Paranormal Activity movies

Post by quotestheraven » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 am

How are they going to do a sequel? Aren't both the girl and the guy supposed to be dead? I thought they did a good job with it, but they just went too far toward the end and that ruined it for me. But, a couple of people did get up and leave the theater when I saw it. I don't know if they left because it was too scary, or because they were unimpressed.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:14 pm

Thanks, Sherb! Wow. I hope it turns out well. I have serious doubts...

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:44 am

I saw the trailer for the sequel last night. The home video camera is set up in the corner of a room that has a baby crib (with a baby in it). If there is any potential that a baby is going to be hurt (even though it's not real) there's no freaking way I'm going to see that movie. Stuff in which children are even portrayed as hurt just upset me more and more. I got upset during Eclipse when the Volturi killed the child vampire the Cullens offered sanctuary to.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:23 pm

quotestheraven wrote:Stuff in which children are even portrayed as hurt just upset me more and more.
Don't watch Jaws.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

dnddad324
Tedbot is my Canadian beer whore

Post by dnddad324 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:00 pm

KevinW wrote:
quotestheraven wrote:Stuff in which children are even portrayed as hurt just upset me more and more.
Don't watch Jaws.

Kevin
or The Amityville Horror :D
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/dnddad324.jpg[/img]

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:48 pm

I saw the trailer tonight at Eclipse... and the audience was SCREAMING like no tomorrow. Just like they did when I saw the first PA in theatres.

I, for one, can't wait.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:18 am

I saw it just before Eclipse too. The audience kind of collectively jumped and a few people went, "OH!" because they were suprised. But, nobody screamed.

I thought they did a good job with most of the first one. I mostly bought that this was actually happening to these people, but they just went too far over the top at the end. I'm worried that the new movie will start out over the top and just go down hill from there.

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Can't effing wait for Paranormal Activity 2. Look very carefully at the trailer again. The frame where the girl is standing in the doorway of the baby's room....look carefully: the baby *was* in the crib before. But now he's gone. And even scarier, you can see his reflection in the mirror :shock: :shock: :shock: I wonder if it will turn out that the baby is possessed...
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:01 pm

BillyCigars wrote:Can't effing wait for Paranormal Activity 2. Look very carefully at the trailer again. The frame where the girl is standing in the doorway of the baby's room....look carefully: the baby *was* in the crib before. But now he's gone. And even scarier, you can see his reflection in the mirror :shock: :shock: :shock: I wonder if it will turn out that the baby is possessed...
All the more reason I likely will not be watching.

costerluver
Amityville Addict

Post by costerluver » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:47 pm

I still haven't seen the first one. Is it out on DVD?
Some people are like slinkies. They're really good for nothing but they still put a smile on your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

By the time you finish reading this you would have realized that it doesn't say anything worth reading and that you just wasted 5 seconds of your life

shuggins
Amityville Addict

Post by shuggins » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Coster,

I bought my copy when it first came out. Just the other day I was in an Albertson's grocery store, of all places, and saw a pile of copies for sale for $9.99.

tomspy77
Son of Davros

Post by tomspy77 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Just saw this over my recent vacation and although my girl says it is much better on a big screen (And probably so, if your gonna get scared, get others around you to convince you that you have something to be scared about.), I think it was a You Tube video of 'paranormal activity' that went on for a very long time and as I'm sure that was the point, I guess I just don't like it.

There were some good bits in it, like the way the girl was dragged from bed and the girl's photo being in the attic/crawlspace and it does say that Ouija boards are a no no if you suspect a ghost or some other entity is around, but there was not much there to me really.

I also understand from Wikipedia that there are multiple endings to it, I saw the one where she charges the camera after killing the other main character and after reading about the other two, her slitting her own throat might have been better, at the very least for shock value after all that waiting around looking at a bedroom.

All apologies to those that like the film...

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Paranormal Activity 3

Post by Shawn » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 am

:roll:

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/16/pa ... nk3|171219
Ever since watching 'Seidowaizu' - which is pretty much the same movie as Alexander Payne's 'Sideways,' except everyone is Japanese - I've maintained a strict policy of avoiding all new American films in favor of their eventual Japanese remakes (I can't wait for Japanaese 'Machete'). That's why I've always planned to avoid this fall's 'Paranormal Activity 2' (not really), and now it appears as if my forward thinking is already beginning to pay off, as Screendaily is reporting that the first film to be produced by Japanese distributor Presidio Corporation will be a 'Paranormal Activity' sequel called 'Paranormal Activity: Tokyo Night.'

In all seriousness, it's somewhat nice to see the re-make dynamic reversed given that Hollywood has borrowed so many major Japanese horror properties ('Ringu,' 'Ju-On,' etc...) in the last ten years - I almost feel a twinge of patriotism at the thought of Japan importing one of our own scary movies. The film is being described as a direct sequel of Oren Peli and Jason Blum's franchise kick-starter, and will chronicle the terrors that unfold once a Japanese exchange student returns home from San Diego - the location of the original film - with a wee bit of demonic baggage in tow (good job, TSA).

Instead of a husband to help combat the ghoul, the young woman will be challenged to purge the spirit with the help of her entire family. The film will be directed by Toshikazu Nagae ('Awe Dance') from his own script, and Presidio's CEO Yasutaka Hanada bullishly commented that they "Feel confident that our own Japanese continuation of the franchise can find an enthusiastic genre audience both here and overseas."

I'm of the mind that the 'Paranormal Activity' franchise will make a fine fit for a Japanese re-imagination ('Seidowaizu only felt so bizarre because it still took place in California despite the complete racial overhaul. Also, um, because it was a hilariously faithful remake of 'Sideways'). From 'Kwaidan' and 'Onibaba' through 'Suicide Circle' and beyond, Japanese cinema has consistently produced some of the most penetrating occult cinema the world has to offer, and I'm excited to see how Nagae might infuse his 'Paranormal Activity' with some uniquely Japanese elements. The film is scheduled to terrify eigakan from Okinawa to Hokkaido this December, and should be for sale at your local Jas Mart before long.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Paranormal Activity 3

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 am

Otherwise known as Paranormal Activity 3: Please Die Already!
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Re: Paranormal Activity 3

Post by Shawn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:43 pm

Brendan72 wrote:Otherwise known as Paranormal Activity 3: Please Die Already!
:clap: :lol: :dance:
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.