Blair Witch Project

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:33 pm

LukesmyBoy wrote:
persephone wrote:1.) I saw an ad for "Wolf Creek" last night and it did say at the end of the trailer "Based on actual events."

2.) A few years ago -- not at all long after the movie was released to rentals/purchase status, I decided to rent BWP. It cost about six bucks to rent it, but they also had a copy on the table for $4.99. So I just went ahead and bought it.

3.) Oops. I forgot! lol sheesh
" Wolf Creek " is very loosely based on the events of Ivan Milat " The Backpaker Killer " I do believe liberties were taken as with the " New " Amityville movie :lol: Actually it is a very interesting story the Ivan Millat one if you ever happen to find a book on it. I used to own it myself :?
Shazz, I tend to think that there is a touch of the current Falconio / Lees / Murdoch case. D'ya think ?
Cheers,

Simon

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:47 pm

Just Simon wrote:
LukesmyBoy wrote:
persephone wrote:1.) I saw an ad for "Wolf Creek" last night and it did say at the end of the trailer "Based on actual events."

2.) A few years ago -- not at all long after the movie was released to rentals/purchase status, I decided to rent BWP. It cost about six bucks to rent it, but they also had a copy on the table for $4.99. So I just went ahead and bought it.

3.) Oops. I forgot! lol sheesh
" Wolf Creek " is very loosely based on the events of Ivan Milat " The Backpaker Killer " I do believe liberties were taken as with the " New " Amityville movie :lol: Actually it is a very interesting story the Ivan Millat one if you ever happen to find a book on it. I used to own it myself :?
Shazz, I tend to think that there is a touch of the current Falconio / Lees / Murdoch case. D'ya think ?
Yep I did read that it was descibed as being a mixture of both tales :? As a whole we don't seem to be generous towards backpackers lately :twisted:

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:10 pm

Yep I did read that it was descibed as being a mixture of both tales As a whole we don't seem to be generous towards backpackers lately

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's only yanks & poms afterall... :wink:

Alright...alright...it was a joke ! :lol:
Cheers,

Simon

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:18 am

Is WOLF CREEK avail in the US?
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:24 am

MerchBoi wrote:Is WOLF CREEK avail in the US?
As far as I know it's only just been released here and England at the flicks. You guy's may get it if you try a smaller cinema complex that features " foriegn " films :?

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:25 am

Blast! Hmmm...let me know when it arrives on DVD so I can start watching the foreign sections here.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:44 am

MerchBoi wrote:Is WOLF CREEK avail in the US?
In cinemas Dec 25 Merch, (in the US) dunno dvd release date
Cheers,

Simon

tallman
and a child shall lead them

Post by tallman » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:49 am

Well since this is a thread on The Blair Witch Project: Did anybody catch Movies that Shook the World last night on AMC? it was rather interesting on the Blair Witch Project
and a child shall lead them

[url=http://thehorrorvault.myfreeforum.org]My horror movie Forum[/url]
[img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1825/tallmansig8xt.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:08 am

I thought it was pretty good the first time around. It was uber creepy about the camping thing when the tent shook like a hurricane. And finding an old abandoned house in the woods at night is also creepy. They had the atmosphere set up well IMO.
The ending has my split vote. It was sudden, but it was a nice touch seeing her friend facing the wall when she gets struck down. Too bad she could not get any other movie roles after that~I believe she is back to Steak and Shake commercials.

Oh and whoever mentioned the Evil Dead~ Great flick! Thats one of my favorites right along witn The Changeling and The Evil. :)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:26 am

Blair Witch Project is now 10 years old...

I haven't seen it for a few years... anyone think it still stands up?

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 am

They filmed the second one in New jersey at a abandoned haunted (Well known) High School. My brother went and watched filming I believe. I went there a few occaasions after filming finished. The building has since been torn down. The events in the school were documented and I believe it actually was the reason for the school's closure. During filming events happened to the filmakers. Some of the events were caught on film and were actually placed in the movie.
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:06 am

Shawn wrote: Too bad she could not get any other movie roles after that~I believe she is back to Steak and Shake commercials.
She was in the emmy winning mini-series "Taken" (the alien one not the Liam Neson one)
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:14 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Blair Witch Project is now 10 years old...

I haven't seen it for a few years... anyone think it still stands up?
I'm on the fence about it. It certainly was a big topic of discussion back when it was released.

However, 2008's Cloverfield and Quarantine seem to have taken their cues from the hand-held style of filmmaking that was used in Blair Witch. So based on that, perhaps it does still have a bit of influence.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 am

I liked Blair Witch. Like someone mentioned before, once a lot of people found out it wasn't real (& they'd been so determined it was real) they felt stupid and the suddenly didn't like the movie. I wondered if it was real as well, but I wasn't pissed when I found out it was just a movie. I get tickled at so many people going on and on about the camera moving too much - a bunch of you ride roller coasters and they don't make you sick.
Wasn't it in the documentary where we find out the three actors weren't given much of a script, they had to ad-lib most stuff, and they had no clue that the crew would be out there in the middle of the night making all that racket which scared the hell out of them? I thought that was great!
I, for one, loved the ending! It coincided nicely with the tale of the kidnapped children - one standing in the corner while the other one is killed. Very creepy and effective ending. It definitely left me feeling unsettled.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:57 am

Wolf Creek was released here in the US in 2006.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:15 pm

And I'm answering a question three years old. No wonder I'm confused. :lol:
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland

Chichibcc
Cat Avatar Lover

Post by Chichibcc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:28 pm

BellWitch74 wrote: I, for one, loved the ending! It coincided nicely with the tale of the kidnapped children - one standing in the corner while the other one is killed. Very creepy and effective ending. It definitely left me feeling unsettled.
I agree...that was the best part of the movie for me.
BellWitch74 wrote:I wondered if it was real as well, but I wasn't pissed when I found out it was just a movie. I get tickled at so many people going on and on about the camera moving too much - a bunch of you ride roller coasters and they don't make you sick.
When I heard the movie wasn't based on "real," events, I also didn't make a big fuss over it-it's only a movie, after all, and was both frightening and entertaining, so that was enough for me.
[size=125][i][color=red]Actions speak louder than words....[/color][/i][/size]

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:15 am

"The Blair Witch Project"... waaw.. :o

Good ol' souvenirs..

10 years ago.. how great, I love the 90's.

I have to say that back then we had so much noise about this film coming, so much mouth to mouth about the movie, so much persons saying it was true and that they all died and that the movie was forbidden in some places that... we were all waiting for that movie really bad!!

I remember going to that famous theatre next to the train station... It was the movie everybody was talking about ! The guy giving the ticket was a guy I knew and I asked him, "Is the movie scary ?" and him to reply "Yes, it's scares baad!". Well he was doing his job afterall.

We saw the movie and have been scared indeed..

That was 10 years ago and I believe that all the noise & the comments we did hear before we saw the movie did it's effect on us. The movie was not that great but we were expecting so much that we all went to watch it. Then it was scary but not awful. It has it's moment though.

To me, this movie is almost a fraud but they did a good job. The actors are fine and it works. The way the camera moves is too much but quite realistic in that kind of situation. Sometimes not because you wouldn't even take the camera with you but just leave it there and run. Instead of that, they're always shooting.. Well, why not..

I thought that "Cloverfield" was better even if it takes time to start being interesting. Those characters are not interesting but the point is not them but what is going to happen.

It's funny because I was talking about the "Blair Witch Project" to a friend days ago and I ordered the movie that I received yesterday. How fun to see that topic back again at the top of the page. Well I need to watch the movie again because I would have another view now, 10 years later. I believe my emotions are more balanced since I'm in my 30.

Do you realize that the movie costed about $60,000 (estimated) and gained about $248,639,099 (Worldwide) ??

Crazy world of media..

Have a nice day :idea:
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 am

...that's probably explains why the directers didn't need to work again for a few years ;)

The movie can still affect me... as long as I see it in a dark room... alone!

Look out for the upcoming Paranormal Activity too.

Architect of light 75
Father Bolen's son

Post by Architect of light 75 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:32 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:...that's probably explains why the directers didn't need to work again for a few years ;)

The movie can still affect me... as long as I see it in a dark room... alone!

Look out for the upcoming Paranormal Activity too.
What do you mean ?

:idea:
:rotate: http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... php?t=4373

"[..] It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

*Architect Of Light :idea:

BellWitch74
Ruined Doll

Post by BellWitch74 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 am

Paranormal Activity - isn't that the one where we saw the couple in the bedroom and all this crazy stuff was happening and you couldn't see what was causing it? That looked really cool.
Madness starts here.
Malice in Wonderland