Blair Witch Project

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Adam
Amityville Member

Blair Witch Project

Post by Adam » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:18 pm

I actually liked this flick, even if it was a total hoax. The whole idea of being out in the middle of the woods, in the middle of the night and hearing human voices very close by every night does freak the sh** out of me. The only thing about the movie that I thought was stupid was how much yelling and screaming there was at each other. And what kills me is that the movie producers said that they cut out alot more yelling and screaming-Jesus-how much more was there?
Anyhow-I recommend renting the DVD for the "Documentary" extra-OK, it's also BS, but it's still creepy as hell. It's called "Curse of the Blair Witch." I think it's actually even freakier than the Blair Witch movie.
Even though Blair Witch was a hoax, it's still good, creepy entertainment if you want to be freaked out. The night scenes are the freakiest, and definately check out "Curse of the Blair Witch" included on the DVD. Everyone told me that Blair Witch 2 was horrendous, I'm gonna check it out tonight and see what I think.

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:44 pm

I don't consider the Blair Witch Project to be a "hoax" so much as a movie with a very intricate marketing plan - which was actually effective. If I remember right, there were quite a whole lot of people who thought it was real, and were encouraged to see it in the theaters for that reason. When people found out it wasn't real, many of them felt dumb and so decided to not like the movie. I still like it.

vampy1978
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Post by vampy1978 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:38 am

This movie scared the shite out of me. i still wont go camping.
i remember it being said or rumored that it was real. even had missing persons picures up for the people.

untill my sisiter pointed out something she asked me if i really thought the parents of the missing kids would really let the actually footage of their kids being tourchered and killed be made into a movie or put into theatres no matter how much they made. point taken...

so even thought the movie isnt real. still scared the shite out of me. the second one even thought it kinda sucked. the dvd was pretty cool. you can run it backwards and see different stuff. commentarys that tell you stuff. that was pretty cool. wont watch it alone.

SilkyPup
I purr when I'm happy

Post by SilkyPup » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:50 am

The movie took place close to me. And, I have been to Burketsville, Md {sp??} kind of as a joke when the movie came out. The movie was clever, when you think about it. So many people believed it!
Im not little, Im funsize!

tallman
and a child shall lead them

Post by tallman » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:31 am

well i didnt like it.

the camera movement gave me a headache and the language was obscene
too much yelling and the story didnt go anywhere for a while

however, the idea of this story is scary and brings the most simple fear around: Fear of what cannot be seen

[url=http://thehorrorvault.myfreeforum.org]My horror movie Forum[/url]
[img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1825/tallmansig8xt.jpg[/img]

tragicimp
Punk in Drublic

Post by tragicimp » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:29 pm

I loved this movie......i thought it was so creepy and erie.......but it never stopped me from camping. Even after having my own scary camping adventure, I still haven't stopped camping! I LOVE CAMPING!
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Impy,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y93/tragic_imp/candy.gif[/img]

Dave Shining
Formerly "ReignMaker"

Post by Dave Shining » Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:01 pm

i had no problem what so ever with this movie, ill probly watch it today
[img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9194/bobclosecustom4ku.jpg[/img]

TannerBoyle
**ACCOUNT ON HOLD**

Post by TannerBoyle » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:08 pm

I liked The Blair Witch Project the first time I saw it very much...but when I got the DVD, it just wasn't the same the second time around.

I DID enjoy the SciFi Channel's "Curse of the Blair Witch", which was what the boys were trying to do the first time around but didn't have the budget to pull off.

As an excellent alternative, I'd recommend 1998's The Last Broadcast...which was everything the original BWP wanted to be and more.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0122143/

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Re: Blair Witch Project

Post by dwighttrenfield » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:47 pm

Adam wrote:I actually liked this flick, even if it was a total hoax. The whole idea of being out in the middle of the woods, in the middle of the night and hearing human voices very close by every night does freak the sh** out of me. The only thing about the movie that I thought was stupid was how much yelling and screaming there was at each other. And what kills me is that the movie producers said that they cut out alot more yelling and screaming-Jesus-how much more was there?
Anyhow-I recommend renting the DVD for the "Documentary" extra-OK, it's also BS, but it's still creepy as hell. It's called "Curse of the Blair Witch." I think it's actually even freakier than the Blair Witch movie.
Even though Blair Witch was a hoax, it's still good, creepy entertainment if you want to be freaked out. The night scenes are the freakiest, and definately check out "Curse of the Blair Witch" included on the DVD. Everyone told me that Blair Witch 2 was horrendous, I'm gonna check it out tonight and see what I think.
Last time I was over at Best Buy, they had this film for sale very cheaply. I believe it was $9.99. It may have gone down more by now and if that's the case, you'd be better off just buying it and owning the DVD. Additionally, there was another DVD produced that was supposed to contain more footage that had been cut from the theatrical release.

I do remember the buzz that this film generated. Lots of folks were convinced that it was real. There were plenty of websites devoted to finding the three "missing" people in the film. I also remember that the film beat out "Halloween" as being the most successful independent film at the box office.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe

liebesspiel
Amityville Addict

Post by liebesspiel » Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:42 pm

This movie scared the bejesus out of me back as a kid. This movie, along with Stephen King's It and The Evil Dead, are the ones that scared the crap out of me as kid.
[img]http://home.graffiti.net/fredkrueger/amitymex.jpg[/img]

http://www.fotolog.com/amityvillehorror/

Dave Shining
Formerly "ReignMaker"

Post by Dave Shining » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:01 pm

dcburny wrote:The Last Broadcast
i will definely have to check this out, thanks dc
[img]http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9194/bobclosecustom4ku.jpg[/img]

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:40 pm

Along kinda the same lines of the Blair Witch Project is the recently released Australian movie, Wolf Creek. Although not for the faint hearted I would recommend this movie to anyone that enjoys suspense, doesn't mind some blood and loves having the crap scared out them :shock:

"When English backpackers Liz and Kristy and their Australian companion Ben drive from Broome to Wolf Creek National Park, a terrifying journey begins as their car breaks down, and they accept help from the seemingly affable truck driver Mick Taylor..."

and that is when all hell breaks loose, I won't spoil this for any one but the promotional material states "based on a true story", I can tell you that it is not a true story but is based veeeeery loosely on some backpacker murders that took place in Oz in the early 90's.

"When they return from the incredible landscape of the crater where Ben and Liz finally bend to the attraction they feel for one another they discover that their car won?t start. Liz and Kristy have been spooked by Ben?s tales of UFO?s but the person who arrives to help them is no visitor from outer space. He?s Mick (John Jarratt)."

and Mick is a very bad man...... more here http://www.wolfcreekthemovie.com/
Cheers,

Simon

CMite
Clavicula Salomonis

Post by CMite » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:26 pm

Just Simon wrote: and that is when all hell breaks loose, I won't spoil this for any one but the promotional material states "based on a true story", I can tell you that it is not a true story but is based veeeeery loosely on some backpacker murders that took place in Oz in the early 90's.
Would that be the Ivan Milat serial killings? That case was creepy enough as it was.

dwighttrenfield
Amityville Addict

Post by dwighttrenfield » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:32 pm

liebesspiel wrote:This movie scared the bejesus out of me back as a kid. This movie, along with Stephen King's It and The Evil Dead, are the ones that scared the crap out of me as kid.
It's funny, but the one that gave me nightmares when I was a boy was "The Car". That horn and engine had me going nuts for days, every time I'd hear a 18 wheeler truck horn or engine I'd think it was after me.

When I view the film now I can't help but laugh at it. It's so silly and the acting is so corny I almost consider it a comedy instead of a horror film.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream?" -- Edgar Allan Poe

Just Simon
There is no spoon....

Post by Just Simon » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:38 pm

CMite wrote:
Just Simon wrote: and that is when all hell breaks loose, I won't spoil this for any one but the promotional material states "based on a true story", I can tell you that it is not a true story but is based veeeeery loosely on some backpacker murders that took place in Oz in the early 90's.
Would that be the Ivan Milat serial killings? That case was creepy enough as it was.
Yep, correct CMite, Ivan Milat - "The Backpacker Murders". Some say there is also a touch of a more recent murder "mystery", that of british backpacker Peter Falconio. Peter Falconio and his girlfriend Joanne Lees were travelling through the outback in a kombi a few years back. The supect Bradley Murdoch pulled Falconio over by pulling alongside him and telling him that he had a flat rear tyre. They both pulled over, Falconio accompanied Murdoch to the rear of the vehicle, although Lees did not see anything, she heard the shots.

Murdoch allegedly then bound and gagged Lees and through her in the back of this truck. He then left her to do something, (presumably get rid of the body(, during this time she managed to escape and ran off into the bush, she crouched in bushland for 6 hours in pitch black conditions while he was searching for her. She eventually made her way back to the road where she was picked and helped by a truck driver.
Incidently, Falconio's body has never been located. A roadhouse worker claims to have served Falconio approx 10 days after he went missing...so, who knows ?

The sad thing is that the majority of European and American backpackers that come to Aust to visit the outback dont realise how huge, desolate and remote that it is, most are ill prepared for what can go wrong out there.
Cheers,

Simon

Littlelukey
These Things Have Always Puzzled Me

Post by Littlelukey » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 am

I liked the Blair Witch I just didn't like the ending. I tend to hate endings like that that don't answer anything :?

liebesspiel
Amityville Addict

Post by liebesspiel » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:08 am

LukesmyBoy wrote:I liked the Blair Witch I just didn't like the ending. I tend to hate endings like that that don't answer anything :?
That means, you don't like any movie's ending??? :shock:
[img]http://home.graffiti.net/fredkrueger/amitymex.jpg[/img]

http://www.fotolog.com/amityvillehorror/

tallman

Post by tallman » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:23 pm

Well with a movie like this, it might be better if things arent answered. The begining shows that they just disapeared and then there footage is found. Then they show that they are just struck down, and you dont know what happened, only to assume. I felt the ending fit this type of movie, but i agree with you, i do hate movies that end like that in most cases. But not this one in my opinion

[url=http://thehorrorvault.myfreeforum.org]My horror movie Forum[/url]
[img]http://img420.imageshack.us/img420/1825/tallmansig8xt.jpg[/img]

Littlelukey

Post by Littlelukey » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:47 pm

liebesspiel wrote:
LukesmyBoy wrote:I liked the Blair Witch I just didn't like the ending. I tend to hate endings like that that don't answer anything :?
That means, you don't like any movie's ending??? :shock:
Nope plenty of other movies have " Endings " evn other horrors even the " Amityville Horror " ended somewhat by the Lutz'es escaping. I would have liked to have seen the " Witch " is all or her disposing of the bodies at least :?

radiomixer
Billy's Next Ex-Wife

Post by radiomixer » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:25 pm

1.) I saw an ad for "Wolf Creek" last night and it did say at the end of the trailer "Based on actual events."

2.) A few years ago -- not at all long after the movie was released to rentals/purchase status, I decided to rent BWP. It cost about six bucks to rent it, but they also had a copy on the table for $4.99. So I just went ahead and bought it.

3.) Oops. I forgot! lol sheesh

Littlelukey

Post by Littlelukey » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:37 pm

persephone wrote:1.) I saw an ad for "Wolf Creek" last night and it did say at the end of the trailer "Based on actual events."

2.) A few years ago -- not at all long after the movie was released to rentals/purchase status, I decided to rent BWP. It cost about six bucks to rent it, but they also had a copy on the table for $4.99. So I just went ahead and bought it.

3.) Oops. I forgot! lol sheesh
" Wolf Creek " is very loosely based on the events of Ivan Milat " The Backpaker Killer " I do believe liberties were taken as with the " New " Amityville movie :lol: Actually it is a very interesting story the Ivan Millat one if you ever happen to find a book on it. I used to own it myself :?