Great Horror Acting Jobs.

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Great Horror Acting Jobs.

Post by DC Fan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Looking at actors/actresses, lead or supporting, who really brought out their characters and made the film work.

The Omen 1976: Patrick Troughton as Father Brennan. He brought out the crazy creep that later turns out to be a good guy. He had you fooled, didn’t he?

The Legend of Hell House: Pamela Franklin as Florence Tanner. A medium of the argumentative variety. IMO, this is the first horror A-movie.

Children of the Corn 1984: Courtney Gains as Malachi. Don’t tell me you’ve never imitated his cry of “Outlander”.

The Stepfather 1987: Terry O’Quinn as Jerry Blake. A hard worker, dedicated family man and good upstanding citizen. The kind of guy you would want as a neighbor. Until he kills his family and disappears to marry into another. O’Quinn really nailed the challenge of the model citizen but “there’s something about him” theme.

The Exorcist: Jason Miller as Father Damien Karras. Even as a pre-teen watching the butchered-for-TV version of this, I understood that there is what a film is about and what it is really about. I think Miller was underrated amidst all the hoopla.

Someone can suggest others or tell me why I’m crazy for liking these.