Farm Visit

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Farm Visit

Post by KevinW » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:23 pm

This past weekend, I paid a second visit to some friends and their farm. I'd visited a little over a year ago, and it was quite relaxing getting out in the country and helping with the chickens and other animals.

This time, I not only got video of their animals, but I also got an introduction to beekeeping. I have arachnophobia, but watching the bees was actually a really neat experience. However, there were two concerns we had with my getting close to the hives. While I was wearing a bee suit, it was only the jacket and head protection. I didn't wear the protective gloves since I couldn't operate the cameras easily to get video and pics with them on. But, I wasn't handling the hives, which reduced the chance of my hands getting stung. What was of real concern was that I was wearing jean shorts, leaving my legs exposed. However, while near the hives, I kept my movements slow, and if I felt any bees on my legs, I just kept still until they flew off. I didn't get stung once! :)

Enjoy the video!

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.