Jamie Lee Curtis/John Carpenter return to Halloween

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Jamie Lee Curtis/John Carpenter return to Halloween

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:30 pm

This should be good - John Carpenter to return as Executive Producer with a director of his choosing, with Carpenter to supply music score.
40 years later, SHE comes home.

MASSIVE news to end the week as Blumhouse has dropped the bombshell that Jamie Lee Curtis will return as iconic heroine Laurie Strode in David Gordon Green’s Halloween! With the news, an amazing photo teases the highly unexpected return.

The reveal was made on Twitter, where Blumhouse also confirmed that Universal Pictures will release the film, simply titled Halloween, on October 19, 2018.

Same porch. Same clothes. Same issues. 40 years later. Headed back to Haddonfield one last time for Halloween,” Jamie Lee Curtis tweeted.

Gordon Green’s Halloween looks to continue the story from the first two (original) Halloween movies, presumably ignoring all the rest.

Set to begin shooting this Fall, the film was written by David Gordon Green and Danny McBride. Last we heard, John Carpenter may provide the score.

Carpenter will executive produce the new film with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.
Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/34593 ... halloween/
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

LewisPo
**New Account**

Re: Jamie Lee Curtis/John Carpenter return to Halloween

Post by LewisPo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:55 am

I didn't even know about this project, let alone that the heavy hitters are coming back to the franchise. Great news.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 pm

LewisPo wrote:I didn't even know about this project, let alone that the heavy hitters are coming back to the franchise. Great news.
From what I read of articles they are looking at making it a sequel to Halloween 2, disregarding all the sequels that followed it.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:13 pm

I came across John Carpenter's Halloween theme performed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross of Nine Inch Nails. I seriously think this version should be the theme song for the new movie but that is my opinion:

- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 am

I just watched the new trailer for the Halloween movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_-x4Dwz-rU
- Brendan72

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Making it playable on here. :)

I am looking forward to this. As much as I love the original Halloween II (the first two movies are my favorite horror movies of all time), this movie, from what I gather from the two trailers, is a direct sequel to the original. From what I gathered from the first trailer, Michael was captured after Loomis shot him at the end of the original and has been locked up for the past 40 years, and Laurie being his sister is getting dismissed as a rumor. Watching the new trailer, whoever is playing Michael definitely looks like he's right out of the first two movies.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 pm

KevinW wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:45 pm
Watching the new trailer, whoever is playing Michael definitely looks like he's right out of the first two movies.

Same guy as the original movie!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0145309/?re ... _fc_cl_t20

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:50 am

Didn't realize that! When new movies that I want to watch are coming out, I try to avoid any sites that might give spoilers of the movie. My friends were amazed a couple months ago when I first watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens and was shocked by what happened to one of my favorite characters from the original trilogy. Granted, it can be challenging to avoid spoilers if I miss a movie in theaters and then have to wait for it to come out on cable. ;)

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.