Beatles' Sgt. Pepper was an Ontario Cop?

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Beatles' Sgt. Pepper was an Ontario Cop?

Post by DC Fan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:31 am

50th anniversary of the Sgt. Pepper album.

One of the supposed pieces of evidence of the "Paul is dead" conspiracy theory was a patch on Paul's left arm, visible on the inner gate-fold photo. Having three letters, with the third not clearly visible, that were supposedly OPD it was interpreted as meaning "officially pronounced dead". The letters are in fact OPP and it caused some questions within the Ontario Provincial Police of who gave him what was clearly one of their badges. Maybe Sailor Sam knows?

One possible suspect within the force was the officer in charge of maintaining their security while in Toronto, Sgt. Randall Pepper.

http://www.q107.com/2017/05/31/exclusiv ... r-mystery/

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Re: Beatles' Sgt. Pepper was an Ontario Cop?

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:13 pm

don't know about that but the new mix is even better than the original!

I bought the deluxe edition and still haven't got through the 144 page book yet. and the mono mix ain't to shabby either.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:19 pm

pepper is #1 in the UK! see, the brits know what music to buy. over here we have invasion from the planet jive.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Well, I was never really a Beatles fan but I recognise the importance of Sgt. Pepper in terms of making the album that is the unit of listening rather than just a collection of songs. Still those songs are not the complicated orchestral suites that we would later see out of Rush.