The Curse of Tippecanoe

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Ayko
Amityville Addict

The Curse of Tippecanoe

Post by Ayko » Sun May 28, 2017 9:57 pm

The Curse of Tippecanoe (aka Tecumseh's Curse) describes the death in office of Presidents of the United States elected or re-elected in years evenly divisible by twenty, from William Harrison (elected in 1840) through John F. Kennedy (1960). The curse is littered with the number two with accents of the number four.

The name ‘Curse of Tippecanoe’ derives from the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811. As governor of the Indiana Territory, William Harrison used questionable tactics in the negotiation of the 1809 Treaty of Fort Wayne with Native Americans, in which they lost large tracts of land to the U.S. government. The treaty further angered the Shawnee leader Tecumseh and brought government soldiers and Native Americans to the brink of war in a period known as Tecumseh's War. Tecumseh and his brother organized a group of Indian tribes designed to resist the westward expansion of the United States. In 1811, Tecumseh's forces, led by his brother, attacked Harrison's army in the Battle of Tippecanoe, earning Harrison fame and the nickname "Old Tippecanoe". Harrison strengthened his reputation even more by defeating the British at the Battle of the Thames during the War of 1812. Years later, in an account of the aftermath of the battle, Tecumseh's brother, Tenskwatawa, known as The Prophet, supposedly set a curse against Harrison and future presidents elected during years with the same end number as Harrison. A list of the (supposedly) effected Presidents and the cause of death while in Office:

William Harrison...1840...typhoid fever
Abraham Lincoln...1860...assassinated
James Garfield...1880...assassinated
William McKinley...1900...assassinated
Warren Harding...1920...heart failure/stroke
Franklin Roosevelt...1940...brain hemorrhage
John Kennedy...1960...assassinated

Ronald Reagan was elected in 1980 and, after glorifying himself as the man that won the Cold War and brought Russia to its knees with the help of the ‘Star Wars Program’ (no copyright infringement lawsuit filed), barely survived a gunshot assassination attempt ‘breaking the curse’ for those that believe in such things. However, a few years after Reagan left office, Alzheimers disease set in and his very spiritual occultist wife, Nancy, who feared the curse hiring scores of mystics to protect him, watched him wither away slowly over the following ten years, incoherent, paralyzed, and isolated.

George W. Bush (elected 2000) also survived an assassination attempt but, what is still to come? Of course, most or all of us do not take any of this serious but, it is difficult to totally dismiss (from chat) until the first Presidential leader that fits the (alleged) curse survives with dignity and health.

Also mysterious is the seeming twist of associated events that have taken place since the ‘Star Wars Program’ and, comparitively, the name, William Harrison, of the US President first cursed by the Native American Prophet, Tenskwatawa. William Harrison! Star Wars! Theft! The three should hope it is foolishness. I know I would be wary even as a skeptic (also thinking of poor Nancy and what she went through). Good that we don't take such things seriously...
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Re: The Curse of Tippecanoe

Post by Ayko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:08 am

awww...censored..like a cowa...

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Re: The Curse of Tippecanoe

Post by Ayko » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:45 am

Ayko wrote:awww...censored..like a cowa...
censored?! Oh, yeah, but that was the other forum, Ayko! Been drinking again, huh?! Not good but neither is this hell hole I have been imprisoned in for what reason?! Anyone would drink in my place and a hell of a lot more than I do.