Alistair Crowley & Abbey Of Theleme / Black Magic

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Alistair Crowley & Abbey Of Theleme / Black Magic

Postby Amit Y Ville » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:14 am

Is anyone here into Alistair Crowley or black magic of any kind? I am visiting Italy for my honeymoon and want to visit his abandoned Abbey of Thelema in Cefalu, Sicily. Crowley wanted to set up a place for studying magic in the 1920’s, away from England where he was infamous for being the wickedest man in the country. He set up camp in this shack with a bunch of people to be studied on who took part in the unimaginable. Unfortunately the debauched orgies, animal sacrifice, drug taking and general craziness got noticed in the community until Mussolini ordered him out of the country. What is left of this place is a crumbling building in a secluded sunny, almost abandoned district in Cefalu with satanic imagery which is still painted on the walls from the man himself. The building is actually worth over a million but sits abandoned amid quiet neighbours who attest the place is cursed and no one enters.

It would be cool if anyone else is into it or for someone interested in his strange history.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Re: Alistair Crowley & Abbey Of Theleme / Black Magic

Postby Victoria Principles » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:58 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Is anyone here into Alistair Crowley or black magic of any kind? I am visiting Italy for my honeymoon and want to visit his abandoned Abbey of Thelema in Cefalu, Sicily. Crowley wanted to set up a place for studying magic in the 1920’s, away from England where he was infamous for being the wickedest man in the country. He set up camp in this shack with a bunch of people to be studied on who took part in the unimaginable. Unfortunately the debauched orgies, animal sacrifice, drug taking and general craziness got noticed in the community until Mussolini ordered him out of the country. What is left of this place is a crumbling building in a secluded sunny, almost abandoned district in Cefalu with satanic imagery which is still painted on the walls from the man himself. The building is actually worth over a million but sits abandoned amid quiet neighbours who attest the place is cursed and no one enters.

It would be cool if anyone else is into it or for someone interested in his strange history.

Here is a video that Crowley devotee Kenneth Anger took of the Abbey a decade ago.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby McDrummer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:37 pm

There Is a famous picture of Bobby Beausoleil out there standing in front of the Russian embassy in San Francisco. "Do what thou wilt" is printed on the front doors of the embassy just like it is on the front doors of the Abbey in that film. Kenneth anger owned the embassy at that time. I understand the quote and it's origin now.
McDrummer
Amityville Member

Postby Amit Y Ville » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:39 am

I visited the Abbey recently, I will post some pics if anyones interested. A LOT of black magic and satanistic rituals happened in this house throughout the period of 1920-1923, and Crowley followers still come to visit and partake in it too.
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:22 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:I will post some pics if anyones interested.

Sure!
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Amit Y Ville » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:37 am

Here's some - it's a very EERIE place which is in an abandoned area of Cefalu, very creepy. As the locals don't like people visiting the abandoned villa, I literally took as many pics as I could and got the hell out of there. A lot of the original artwork has been destroyed but everything you see here are the original fixtures and fittings that Crowley used in 1920. I have some video of the "nightmare room" which is very shabby looking and has lots of demonic imagery which has been faded and destroyed - unfortunately my iPad didn't get the best shots of these. You can do further reading on this at http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/ov ... uired.html.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Return to Amityville Coffee House