Supernatural horror films

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
AMRA
Amityville Addict

Supernatural horror films

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:01 pm

I'm very much into supernatural/psychological/haunted house type horror; these are some all-time favourites of mine;

The Uninvited (1944)
The Innocents (1961)
The Haunting (1963)
The Legend of Hell House (1973)
The Changeling (1980)
The Fog (1980)
The Woman in Black (1989 and 2012)
The Others (2001)
Kairo (2001)
Dark Water (2002)
The Eye (2002)
The Eye 2 (2004)
Shutter (2004)
1408 (2007)
Livide (2011)
Lovely Molly (2012)
The Conjuring (2013)

Any other fans of these - or any recommendations in a similar vein?
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Re: Supernatural horror films

Post by Mary23 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:35 pm

The Haunting, The Changeling and The Others are in my favorite horror films list too

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Hi Mary. The Haunting is often cited as the greatest haunted house movie ever made. I won't argue with that - but I'd say The Changeling is certainly the creepiest! :)
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:39 pm

AMRA wrote:Hi Mary. The Haunting is often cited as the greatest haunted house movie ever made. I won't argue with that - but I'd say The Changeling is certainly the creepiest! :)
I agree with you. The Haunting is really good but The Changeling is the creepiest, it scared more. I couldnt sleep for days after watch that movie But both are really good and will be always between my favorites.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Mary23 wrote: The Changeling is the creepiest, it scared more. I couldnt sleep for days after watch that movie But both are really good and will be always between my favorites.
The part that gets me every time - even though I know it's coming - is when he's replaying the recording of the séance and he hears little Joseph's voice for the first time! Goosebumps on my arms without fail!
:horrormovie:

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 pm

AMRA wrote:
Mary23 wrote: The Changeling is the creepiest, it scared more. I couldnt sleep for days after watch that movie But both are really good and will be always between my favorites.
The part that gets me every time - even though I know it's coming - is when he's replaying the recording of the séance and he hears little Joseph's voice for the first time! Goosebumps on my arms without fail!
:horrormovie:
That is one of the best parts and always gets me too. I once had a nightmare with that scene...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:18 am

Ah, the Changeling, my most favorite movie ever! Love the house in that movie.

I didnt like the ending for The Woman in Black. I would have wrote it to end the story with a happy ending.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:51 pm

kathyM wrote:Ah, the Changeling, my most favorite movie ever! Love the house in that movie.
Hard to believe it was just a façade constructed for the movie!

Have you read Susan Hill's original novel The Woman in Black (1983)? The ending in that is even more downbeat! :(