Quest for bratwurst and drive home (Video)

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Quest for bratwurst and drive home (Video)

Post by KevinW » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Did a little road trip video this past Saturday. Went up to my parents' house for the day for Easter and their 45th anniversary. On the way, I detoured into my home town of Bucyrus, Ohio and went to Carle's Bratwurst to get some real bratwurst to take home and stock up my freezer.

Enjoy the trip! :)

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Quest for bratwurst and drive home (Video)

Post by kathyM » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:17 am

These car videos are hard for me because I always turn into a back seat driver. :)

I started watching but honestly, isnt the freeway the most boring scenery ever? There is like nothing much to look at, just endless road and trees and grass.

Sounds like you had a good Easter.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:34 pm

kathyM wrote:These car videos are hard for me because I always turn into a back seat driver. :)

I started watching but honestly, isnt the freeway the most boring scenery ever? There is like nothing much to look at, just endless road and trees and grass.

Sounds like you had a good Easter.
I enjoy watching them after I've made them since while the camera's recording, I'm busy watching the road and don't have time to be looking around at the scenery. :) What's interesting with this video is looking at Bucyrus now and thinking "When did that business go in there? When did that building get torn down?"

The first part on US 23 (the 4-lane divided highway) can be boring for some. I'm used to it since I grew up in the area and am used to seeing the open farmland. Of course, the route isn't just open fields. Knowing the area as well as I do, I know where all of the railroads are along the route, so as I go over one of them, I'm glancing over to hopefully see a train. :)

And yes, I had a good trip home. Got out to Mom and Dad's by lunchtime, and then late in the afternoon, my brother, sister-in-law, and 8-year old nephew arrived, and we took Mom and Dad out to their favorite restaurant for dinner. We then came back to the house for cake and homemade ice cream, looked at old wedding photos from April 1969, and got out some of Mom's old vinyl records to play on their old console stereo, which still works and sounds really good. :)

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:01 am

I do like the trains. The endless farmland, not so much. :)

Driving thru Kentucky and Tennessee is a great drive. The scenery is very pretty. Driving thru Detroit sucks. All you get is a bunch of bad roads, views of factories and there is a stinky smell. Seeing the bridge is cool though.