Oscar Pistorius trial

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Oscar Pistorius trial

Post by Rokiisun » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:52 am

Anybody following this? I've just started following it today. It's hard to tell whether this
guy is genuinely telling the truth or not.

I can see it from the paranoia side, that he was burgled growing up and thus that would
explain why he had a gun under his pillow. In his paranoid state he would have already
had it in this head that Reeva was still in the bed and thus would have believed there
Really was an intruder in the house without giving it much thought.

But I see it more from the cold facts side, also. A locked door is a subconcious sign of protection
or privacy. If you were wanting to get away from harm you would lock yourself in a bathroom,
If you were sharing or guesting in someones house, hotel, whatever you would do the same.
Was she trying to protect herself?
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Re: Oscar Pistorius trial

Post by AMRA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:48 pm

I see there are now allegations that he had sessions with an acting coach shortly before the trial started.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

KDSPhantom
Amityville Member

Post by KDSPhantom » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 pm

hello

yes I was following this too.
shooting through a door always had me wondering. then looking at the floor plan made it clear

http://www.channel4.com/news/pistorius- ... ve-graphic

If he was worried it was an intruder he could have just walked out, went to neighbors and called the police ( if not with a cell )
but he went into a bathroom past a door and on the other side of another door, which was just the toilet fired from very close range

so many problems with him being innocent here,
it comes across as more like defeo here, the last person standing says what happened and I don't buy anything he is selling.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 pm

KDSPhantom wrote:the last person standing says what happened and I don't buy anything he is selling.

Absolutely. His story has more holes than that bathroom door.

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

KDSPhantom
Amityville Member

Post by KDSPhantom » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:59 am

Hello

what's the latest on this? Not up on current events, then a few questions. I know so little about south African law but what is the real difference in what he says he did and what they are charging him with. Is this a death penalty case? is that why he needs sooo desperately to prove his innocence? or is it just what I think its a matter of years in jail. Like 5 years for killing that poor girl by accident or 25 years on purpose as I think he did.
Thanks

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Latest is that he has been cleared of murder but may still face charges for
homicide.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.