Oak Island money pit explained?

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Oak Island money pit explained?

Post by DC Fan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:39 am

The Oak Island money pit was also something explored on In Search Of. It starts off in 1795 with three teenagers in search of a buried treasure after having investigated the appearance of strange lights. This is another big unexplained mystery with a lot of twists to it and multiple theories. A more modern update and summary is here:

http://www.oakislandmoneypit.com/

Recently a Mr. Sukhwant Singh has professed that he has it all figured out "scientifically" that what is in there is the remnants of a Viking boat that got caught in a sink hole. He claims the wooden platforms in the pit were actually backrests on a ship from the period around 1050 AD, which is about 200 years before the carbon dating of the coconut fibres that were found. I don't profess to have the answer to this one but I certainly cannot accept this theory. Somehow it is only these backrests and a slab with writing on it that get discovered at a depth of less than 90 feet, never the ship's hull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvK1qdYzMdY

If you want to join in the commenting on Youtube it does appear to me that, like someone else we all know, he has removed at least one critical set of comments.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Oak Island money pit explained?

Post by kathyM » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 pm

I just finished watching 4 episodes of The Curse of Oak Island tonight on the History Channel. Two brothers from Michigan (where I am from) are attempting to find the treasure in the pit on the island. They think that the pit is just a ruse to keep people from where the treasure is really buried, in a man made swamp. They are draining the swamp now and have found something.

The next episode is on tomorrow (Sunday night) at 10 pm. it will be repeated a couple more times too. The episode is called The Find and will show what they have discovered.

This series is pretty cool if you like a good mystery. I am hooked and now I have to find out if they found the treasure. 8-)

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Re: Oak Island money pit explained?

Post by AMRA » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:44 pm

I've got a couple of books about this. It's really fascinating, but likewise I can't accept the long-boat theory.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."