Testing new camera mount

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Testing new camera mount

Post by KevinW » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 pm

Got a new camera mount for in my Jeep and tested it out today. On the way to work, I just had the mount (no camera) in my windshield to test how secure it was. Then, on the way home, I tried it with the camera.

I figure this will come in handy for recording some of the drives I go on, particularly scenic drives like when I go back to Moonville (http://chatanuga.org/Moonville.html) next month.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Re: Testing new camera mount

Post by KevinW » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:02 pm

Did another camera test to and from work (my alternate office).

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 pm

It is such a clear picture that I feel like I am in the car too! Hey, that was a Wendy's you passed, I wanted to stop and get something! :lol:

Are we there yet? :dance:

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:57 pm

kathyM wrote:It is such a clear picture that I feel like I am in the car too! Hey, that was a Wendy's you passed, I wanted to stop and get something! :lol:

Are we there yet? :dance:
LOL!

I'm looking forward to my trip down to Moonville next month. With the camera mounted in the windshield, I'm going to be able to get some nice videos of the drive on the roads in that area. The roads are unpaved, just dirt and gravel, and except for the one bridge, there are no guard rails, which makes it a bit of an adventure to drive. :)

Kevin

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:05 am

C'mon Kevin....You gotta "give us something" EXCITING HERE! I say you turn the camera around and record yourself in a High-Speed Pursuit. Or maybe the top speed of the Jeep? Or maybe....Oh ANYTHING WILL DO.....I know...I know!! Start small, with a 3 point TURN!!!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:29 am

Lol Tim! :lol:

Kevin, roadtrips are fun. Can you post the Moonville trip? I would like to see that. No guardrails?, I want to see that!

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:08 am

kathyM wrote:Lol Tim! :lol:

Kevin, roadtrips are fun. Can you post the Moonville trip? I would like to see that. No guardrails?, I want to see that!
Don't you worry. I'll be posting them (and the videos from the ghost hunt) once I get through them after my trip. :)

Kevin

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:10 pm

On my way up to our annual family reunion last month, I recorded the entire video and then condensed it down to about 11 minutes by speeding up the video 8 times the normal speed, giving the illusion of going up to 560+ miles per hour.

Kevin

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:08 pm

KevinW wrote:On my way up to our annual family reunion last month, I recorded the entire video and then condensed it down to about 11 minutes by speeding up the video 8 times the normal speed, giving the illusion of going up to 560+ miles per hour.

Kevin

Whooooooooaaaaaaa! That's funny as @#$!!
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Omg! I am never driving a road trip with you again Kevin! :lol

That was pretty cool!