Drive Deplorably

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Drive Deplorably

Post by KevinW » Sun May 19, 2013 10:01 pm

Had to share this. Basically take audio from an old highway safety film and set it to scenes from Spielberg's first movie.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

kathyM
Princess

Re: Drive Deplorably

Post by kathyM » Mon May 20, 2013 6:18 am

Omg! I remember that movie. Freaky! :)

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Wed May 22, 2013 12:52 pm

I had an English teacher whose thing was symbolism. Needless to say....we studied Dual for a long time.
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Post by Tim » Wed May 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Tim wrote:I had an English teacher whose thing was symbolism. Needless to say....we studied Dual for a long time.

:oops: I meant to type Duel.....
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Fri May 24, 2013 5:14 pm

I have never seen Duel before. Looks similar to a film called, Hitcher... But I could be wrong. :think:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Sat May 25, 2013 8:35 am

Rokiisun wrote:I have never seen Duel before. Looks similar to a film called, Hitcher... But I could be wrong. :think:
It's actually quite different. It's based on the Richard Matheson short story of the same name about a guy on a business trip. Taking the country roads to avoid traffic, he encounters an old tanker truck. After passing the truck, the trucker begins repeatedly taunting the guy by slowing down to under the speed limit when the guy is behind him, tailgating at 90+ miles per hour, trying to shove his car into the side of a freight train at a crossing, etc. As things progress, the trucker's actions become more and more dangerous to the point where he is obviously trying to kill the guy.

The movie was filmed as a TV-movie in 1971 with some additional scenes added later to expand it from 75 minutes to 90 for in theaters. It was also Speilberg's first movie and got him noticed in Hollywood, which then led to the movies The Sugarland Express and then Jaws.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.