Was the poltergeist franchise cursed?

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Poll: Do you believe the Poltergeist franchise was cursed?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 5

AmityvilleAmerica
Amityville Member

Was the poltergeist franchise cursed?

Post by AmityvilleAmerica » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:10 pm

The "Poltergeist curse" is a rumor of a supposed curse attached to the Poltergeist trilogy and its crew, derived from the fact that four cast members died in the six years between the releases of the first and third films. The rumor is often fueled by the fact that real cadavers were used as props in various scenes of Poltergeist and Poltergeist II. The rumor and the surrounding deaths were explored in a 2002 episode of E! True Hollywood Story entitled "Curse of Poltergeist."... For more visit - http://amityvilleamerica.blogspot.com/2 ... curse.html and please comment or follow me on twitter, Thanks!!!

Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Re: Was the poltergeist franchise cursed?

Post by Bango Skank » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:58 pm

No curse, just a few sad coincidences, there was no demon or evil spirit that caused Dominique Dunne's abusive boyfriend to kill her. The other three cast members who died did so of various diseases, nothing spooky or supernatural about that. Definitely sad, but it's just another case of people believing what they want to believe, sort of like all the stories of strange happenings on the set of the Exorcist, or the Amityville Horror for that matter.

AmityvilleAmerica
Amityville Member

Post by AmityvilleAmerica » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:29 am

Oh come on Bango, where is your imagination? :)
AmityvilleAmerica

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:28 am

... off topic, but only slightly, you could asked the same question of the Superman cure or Kamen Rider curse!
Both of which have no ''paranormal'' connection in the scrips or there making, but equally both had there share of unusual misfortunes.
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:10 pm

Matt9290 wrote:... off topic, but only slightly, you could asked the same question of the Superman cure or Kamen Rider curse!
Both of which have no ''paranormal'' connection in the scrips or there making, but equally both had there share of unusual misfortunes.
Jeez... you can tell by the typos and grammar that I had just downed a half bottle of Rum when I wrote that last post :beer:

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:31 pm

I believe it was just a series of misfortunate events (Not orchestrated by
Lemony Snicket, of course).

The same can be said for other notable events in movie and television history.

For instance, the original 'Our Gang' (the little rascals) group was said to be
victims of a curse, but again, like the poltergeist films - that could just have
well been a series of unfortunate events (not orchestrated by Lemony Snicket,
Of course).
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

Bango Skank
Amityville Member

Post by Bango Skank » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 am

Snopes.com broke down the so called Our Gang curse pretty well:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/other/ourgang.asp

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:11 am

AmityvilleAmerica wrote:The "Poltergeist curse" is a rumor of a supposed curse attached to the Poltergeist trilogy and its crew, derived from the fact that four cast members died in the six years between the releases of the first and third films. The rumor is often fueled by the fact that real cadavers were used as props in various scenes of Poltergeist and Poltergeist II. The rumor and the surrounding deaths were explored in a 2002 episode of E! True Hollywood Story entitled "Curse of Poltergeist."... For more visit - http://amityvilleamerica.blogspot.com/2 ... curse.html and please comment or follow me on twitter, Thanks!!!

The girl child actresses died young, but the others that died were ill during the filming of the Poltergeiss movies or before.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:12 am

How about the curse of the Amityville movie? Margot Kidder went mad and James Brolin ended up being married to Babs Streisand.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 am

Victoria Principles wrote:How about the curse of the Amityville movie? Margot Kidder went mad and James Brolin ended up being married to Babs Streisand.
LOL mega-bitch Streisand... Now that's a curse!!!

Amity108
Tomsamityville River rat

Post by Amity108 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm

You also got the bad luck with Family Fued. All the past hosts either had died or and nothing but misfortunes. Richard Dawson survived all that til the last minute. Al from Home Improvement seems to be ok too. Waiting to see what goes down with Steve Harvey.
A lot of flies, a lot of mud...a lot of everything in there. If I were you, I'd stay out of there!