Korean War Round 2

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Korean War Round 2

Post by VampireKen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:13 am

Are we going into round 2 of The Korean War? The U.S sent b2 bombers to do a fly over and North Korea says their nukes are on standby. Are we going into another full blown War with North Korea, or is it just another Cold War? My grandfather fought and was wounded in the original Korean War so it's kinda personal. What do you guys think?
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: Korean War Round 2

Post by Brendan72 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Every few years the region has a flare up. If the US has any sense it will keep out of it. I have a feeling the Russians and Chinese will get involved directly in that case ... I don't want to think about what would happen from that point.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:13 am

The general feeling on the street in Japan is that the resent events are just Kim Jong-Un's way of doing a bit of internal 'showing off' to his own people. But I find this reminiscent of Hitler with his parades and internal propaganda at the offset of WW2.

I am very concerned about the way it seems to be heading as my daughter is working in Japan and there have been threats from North Korea on the US military bases situated not too far from where she is working.
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 am

It seems to be a recurring them with North Korea. The regime does a bit of sabre rattling in order to get the attention of the international community. The earliest I recall was in 1994 when Kim Jong-Il began the nuclear program. It got the attention of the US and other major countries, it got the attention of the UN. End result was North Korea wanted something ... aid, money etc.

Throughout the 1990's and 2000's there were several other incidences involving North Korea's nuclear program.

I am guessing this is the same thing all over again.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 am

Most likely.

I also seriously doubt for some reason their missiles will be able to even reach
the UK and America. North and South Korea have always been at each others'
throats, I'm surprised they are both still standing.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.