Decorating my room, "Amityville Style"

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
TC1
Amityville Addict

Decorating my room, "Amityville Style"

Post by TC1 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:53 am

I thought it would be a cool idea to make my room reminiscent of the DeFeo house and I got some decorations like, a late 1960's TV Set, a mid 1960's clock radio, and I printed and framed some pictures that were in the house, enjoy.

And yes, I did Photoshop Butch out of that last one.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Re: Decorating my room, "Amityville Style"

Post by TC1 » Thu May 09, 2019 7:56 am

Please remove any pictures if they contain anything copywrited, I don't know which ones might or not.
I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs. I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE. Sherb and Dan, check your PMs.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Thu May 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Sorry, everyone, the links weren't sharable before, but they are now, enjoy.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat May 11, 2019 1:26 am

Thats amazing!!
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 am

The Radio Alarm Clock was a good find...
I came across this on eBay "Large Handmade Distressed Amityville Horror HIGH HOPES Wooden Sign Life-Sized" which is going for US $39.99. Although it's not exactly a bedroom accessory it is still pretty cool
Last edited by Matt9290 on Sat May 11, 2019 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am

Matt9290 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 am
The Radio Alarm Clock was a good find
Yeah, it was, the TV still works but sadly, the radio part of the clock doesn't work, but it only had AM so it's not that big of a deal.

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am

TC1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:57 am
Matt9290 wrote:
The Radio Alarm Clock was a good find
Yeah, it was, the TV still works but sadly, the radio part of the clock doesn't work, but it only had AM so it's not that big of a deal.
Just love those old TV's - years ago my job was fixing those things... Can't do a darn thing with modern TV's - they either have to be thrown out or whole new circuit boards put in. True they are better quality than the older ones, but the older ones had a charm of their own and were much more 'fixable' if you know what I mean.
The clock is just amazing - never seen one of those things around since the late 1980s - a real good find.
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 am

I'm also dying to have an old flip alarm clock from the 70's, but the closest I got was a digital General Electric clock radio from around the mid eighties.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat May 11, 2019 10:53 am

Matt9290 wrote:

I came across this on eBay "Large Handmade Distressed Amityville Horror HIGH HOPES Wooden Sign Life-Sized" which is going for US $39.99. Although it's not exactly a bedroom accessory it is still pretty cool
I would put that in front of my house if my wife didn't know what it actually represents.

Luckily, she likes the new song by Panic At The Disco! So it might work on her.
Had to have high, high hopes for a living - Panic! At The Disco

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Matt9290 wrote:

I know I'm going to sound stupid but, how do you edit posts? I can edit mine when I first post them but once I leave the topic, that option goes away. I still don't know all the technical ins and outs of this board.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm

TC1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:16 pm
I know I'm going to sound stupid but, how do you edit posts? I can edit mine when I first post them but once I leave the topic, that option goes away. I still don't know all the technical ins and outs of this board.
The function to edit disappears after a short time. This is deliberate, and you can blame Tracey DeFeo who once deleted ALL her old messages, making a mess of all the threads she posted on.

You're welcome to send me a PM and I can do it for you.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:51 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:42 pm
TC1 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:16 pm
The function to edit disappears after a short time. This is deliberate, and you can blame Tracey DeFeo who once deleted ALL her old messages, making a mess of all the threads she posted on.

You're welcome to send me a PM and I can do it for you.
No no, that's fine, gotcha.

TC1
Amityville Addict

Post by TC1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:32 pm

Picture I took at 03:15 today.