American Horror Story

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: American Horror Story

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:27 pm

Clowns: not happy.
Professional Clown Club Attacks 'American Horror Story' Over Murderous Character

The FX series, which features a serial killer named Twisty the Clown who stalks couples with scissors and imprisons children in a school bus, is contributing to "clown fear," bemoans the group's president

Real clowns see nothing funny about their depiction in American Horror Story: Freak Show. The FX series from Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk revolves around Twisty the Clown (John Carroll Lynch), a serial killer who stalks couples with scissors and imprisons children in an old school bus.

"Hollywood makes money sensationalizing the norm," bemoans Glenn Kohlberger, president of Clowns of America International, the nation’s biggest clown club. "They can take any situation no matter how good or pure and turn it into a nightmare."

With membership in the organization dwindling — its aging base is made up of 2,500 clowns, down from 3,500 in 2004 — Kohlberger, whose big-shoed alter ego is Clyde D. Scope, takes a hard-line stance against characters like Twisty.

"We do not support in any way, shape or form any medium that sensationalizes or adds to coulrophobia or 'clown fear,' " Kohlberger says.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/p ... can-740768

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:16 am

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:29 am

‘AHS: My Roanoke Nightmare’ puts the ‘Blair Witch’ in ‘Amityville’

The wait is finally over. On Wednesday (Sept. 14), audiences everywhere were finally clued in to the new "American Horror Story" theme. Season 6, now to be referred to as "My Roanoke Nightmare," presents a new story told in a very different narrative...
http://zap2it.com/2016/09/american-horr ... air-witch/

Julabard
how strange...

Post by Julabard » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:17 am

I started season 1 a bunch of years ago when it was new, but there was too many awful cliches.
So last week I started the 'Hotel' season. They seem to be packing too much into each episode, each episode could be like 3 hours. If that was the case it'd be better. I'm quitting at episode 3!
Okay, I see you there! There's a 12 gauge shotgun, waitin' for anybody trespassin'!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:56 pm

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:46 pm

I haven't checked IMDB yet but I hope Lady Gaga is in this one.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)