Engrish!

Off-Topic Chatter About Anything Non-Amityville

Re: Engrish!

Postby Ayko » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:35 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Probably not funny if you happen to be of Asian origin.

I would imagine it might not be to a few but I am sure they laugh at our attempts at their languages as well.

Gotta go with the big Y again... Unless Asians themselves are involved in the discussion and poking the fun, you are assuming or 'imagine' it might not be insulting. But how do you know either way before going off like that, Brendan72. At least we have another example here of 'Moderating 101'. Thanks to the big Y for shutting him up.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:18 am

Ayko wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Probably not funny if you happen to be of Asian origin.

I would imagine it might not be to a few but I am sure they laugh at our attempts at their languages as well.

Gotta go with the big Y again... Unless Asians themselves are involved in the discussion and poking the fun, you are assuming or 'imagine' it might not be insulting. But how do you know either way before going off like that, Brendan72. At least we have another example here of 'Moderating 101'. Thanks to the big Y for shutting him up.

I don't think 'Y' actually "shut me up" or was putting me in my place to be honest, although if you think that then you are entitled to your opinion - doesn't make it fact however.

He raised a fair comment and I agreed with him in principle. It was being civil and friendly which, I think you might agree (never presuming to definitely know what your opinion might be) is a healthy approach to the conversation.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Ayko » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:10 pm

Brendan72 wrote:I don't think 'Y' actually "shut me up" or was putting me in my place to be honest, although if you think that then you are entitled to your opinion - doesn't make it fact however.

He raised a fair comment and I agreed with him in principle. It was being civil and friendly which, I think you might agree (never presuming to definitely know what your opinion might be) is a healthy approach to the conversation.

Oh, please... Your first three words says it all...
You have ignored the 'Amityville jokes thread' here (thank goodness) with Amityville Horror based jokes so, here is my 'engrish joke' and my contribution to your attempt at humor on the amityvilletruth Forum that you direct at the Chinese (difficulty with our insane grammar and crazed vocabulary):´...

Enter The Dragon (1973 film):

Mr. Parsons73 (hoping nobody ridicules his Australian accent): Do I bother you?
Mr. Lee: Don't waste yourself.
Mr. Parsons: What's your style?
Mr. Lee: My style?! You could call it the art of fighting without fighting.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Previous

Return to Amityville Coffee House