THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
kathyM
Princess

Re: THE CONJURING movies

Post by kathyM » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

I thought the Annabelle doll was more like a Raggedy Ann doll in looks?

Fnord
Amityville Member

Post by Fnord » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:14 pm

They took a bit of artistic license, it seems. :)

The Warren's page has photos of the actual Annabelle here:
http://www.warrens.net/Annabelle.html

Just watched the trailer. Looks like they might not stick to the story... or perhaps they wind their way 'round to it.

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:00 pm

The annabelle doll gives me chills. Every time I hear the name, 'Annabelle'
the words to the Poe poem 'Annabelle Lee' echo in my mind... :shock:
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:15 pm

Annabelle trailer looks pretty good. Thanks for posting.

"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:20 pm

kathyM wrote:I thought the Annabelle doll was more like a Raggedy Ann doll in looks?

I think there were legal problems, including the original doll-makers not wanting a likeness of their product associated with such negative events.
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Re: THE CONJURING - The Warrens movie

Post by Mary23 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:07 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wow I never thought that a trailer about the next movie would be out so soon. It doesnt look so bad actually but its a pity that they couldnt never use the classic Raggedy Ann doll that is like the real one.

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:37 pm

Have they removed the Warrens from the Anabelle tale completely? I thought the premise of this "series" was going to be the cases from the Warrens... which Anabelle was.... but apparently they're not in this film. Weird, no?
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:57 pm

MerchBoi wrote:Have they removed the Warrens from the Anabelle tale completely? I thought the premise of this "series" was going to be the cases from the Warrens... which Anabelle was.... but apparently they're not in this film. Weird, no?
The sequels to The Conjuring are going to be based on The Warrens' case files, and feature the characters of the Warrens themselves. Annabelle is an 'off-shoot', concerned with the history of the doll before it came into the Warrens' possession. There are rumours that a separate Annabelle series will progress independently of The Conjuring series.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 pm

'Conjuring' Producer Calls Warner Bros.' $750,000 Check Insufficient for Sequels

In new court papers, Tony DeRosa-Grund alleges that the studio perpetrated a "deliberate scheme" to violate rights on the blockbuster horror franchise.
The plaintiff alleges that New Line licensed 25 Warren case files, and that the deal didn't originally include the Annabelle case file nor one covering the "Enfield Poltergeist" case, the basis for another Conjuring sequel said to be in development.
Plenty of material for sequels then!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... ros-721479

Sneeks
Amityville Member

Post by Sneeks » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:40 am

I dont know if this has been said because I didnt read the whole thread.

I seen this movie and was confused by the Warrens statement at the end of the movie saying they were on their way to long island for their next case. The Conjuring is set in 1971. The Lutz didnt even move in until end of 1975.

How could this be? How are they going to their next case that hasn't even happened for at least another 3 or 4 years. Sounds like some bad information in the film.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 pm

These movies do not care about accuracy, they are just meant to be scary fun.

The next movie is supposedly about The Enfield Poltergeist in north London (in 1977/8) yet the Warrens only spent a day or so at the house!

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:56 am

I recently watched The Conjuring for the first time, and didn't think it was all that bad. As a horror movie it was effective and it was well executed in terms of psychological edge which is how I think true horror movies are most effective - it's not what you see but what you think is in the dark. The 'based on a true story' angle helped too but as even if it was not based on a true story I think it would have pulled it off.

I have gotten to the stage where I am not disappointed by the whole artistic license concept. Like Amityville this movie was another case based on the Warren's investigations and is based on a true story. Having said that it is not uncommon to have some liberties taken for the sake of entertainment - after all they need to draw the crowds and make their money. There are still examples where a remake is just not doable and should have been left alone - the Amityville remake in 2005 is a prime example.

I found interesting how at the end of the movie they discussed taking up a "case on Long Island", given the timeline of The Conjuring and how the Amityville case did not happen for another six years, it was interesting. However I also thought 'what if there were problems with the house prior to the Lutz's walking in and the Warrens were approached beforehand' and then went with that hypothesis. But then again, just referencing Amityville could have even hinted at a sequel at the time, to just tease the audience and those familiar with the Warrens.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:23 pm

The Enfield poltergeist is scary stuff, surprised they never made a film on it before (apart from the fact its English).
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

MerchBoi
Official Gay Mascot of Amityville

Post by MerchBoi » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Hopefully the Enfield film will actually happen as part of the Warren series they'd hoped to do.

On a similar note, do check out "When the Lights Went Out," about a similar haunting in the UK around the same time too. Fascinating case. And people have investigated the house in question recently and say the activity continues.
MerchBoi...resident Gay Mascot for Amityville Horror Truth.

"The last chance,
The last dance,
One moment in time.
One song,
Doesn't last that long.
Life turns on a dime.
The wheels of fortune seem to pass you by.
Tomorrow there's a dawn again.
A dream can still be born again.
Take a chance,
While there still is time.
Because life turns on a dime."
-IN MY LIFE

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Yeah, When The Lights Went Out is pretty decent.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:17 am

The Conjuring 2 News and updates: Despite lawsuit issues, The Conjuring 2 is a go!

After the success of The Conjuring, the critically acclaimed and commercially acclaimed horror movie has been greenlighted for a sequel.

Annabelle movie was a spin-off of The Conjuring. The movie received mostly negative reviews from critics and a not so good performance at the box office, it was even yanked out of cinemas in France.

Viewers are hoping to get a better The Conjuring 2. The movie is aptly titled The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist.

It would seem that there were some profit sharing issues thrown back to Warner Brothers by producer Tony DeRosa-Grund of Evergreen Media and it even came to lawsuit filing by the latter, according to Air Herald. Still, the sequel is a go despite these money issues and hopefully The Conjuring 2 will rake in more money compared to the previous movie and Annabelle.

So here is what we know about The Conjuring Plot: It is a case in England where an 11-year old girl, Janet, has been terrorized by unknown forces. Police thought it was just a prank as there were furniture moving unexplainably, as well as various creepy noises. These unknown phenomena led real life paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren, to travel to England to investigate the case.

Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are to reprise their roles as the husband and wife tandem. If you remember, the last scene in the previous movie had teased audiences that the couple are to investigate the disturbances of a certain house in Long Island, which is supposed to be The Amityville Horror. This sequel will not tackle the famous house though, but we are hoping we could get a glimpse on the Warrens take on the unknown forces in the famous Amityville house in another sequel.

The Conjuring 2 release date is on October of 2015.
http://www.hallels.com/articles/10032/2 ... ues-go.htm

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 am

I bet this doesn't end up about Enfield, which was a stupid idea in the first place.
‘The Conjuring 2′ Pushed Back to 2016, Replaced with Mystery Horror Film

For those excited about a sequel to James Wan‘s incredibly successful — and incredibly spooky — horror flick ‘The Conjuring‘ (and you can totally put us in that camp), you’ll have to wait a little while longer. The sequel, which was previously scheduled to hit theaters in October 2015, has been delayed a whole year, while an untitled horror film has now taken its place.

Variety reports that New Line has pushed the release of currently untitled ‘The Conjuring’ sequel back to 2016. The film was previously scheduled to be released on October 23, 2015, a little over a week before Halloween, but that date has now been given to an untitled horror film from the company.

‘The Conjuring’ director James Wan has not yet signed on to direct the sequel, although it could be that New Line has delayed the release of the sequel in order to work with his schedule. Wan is wrapping up on ‘Fast and Furious 7,’ and it’s been recently rumored that he’s reuniting with original ‘Saw‘ screenwriter Leigh Whannell for another installment in that franchise, which Lionsgate is hoping to take to Comic-Con in 2016. If we had our choice between the two, we’d definitely prefer Wan directing a sequel to ‘The Conjuring.’

The first film was based on the real-life work of paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren, played by Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga. In 1971, the couple investigated a terrifying haunting plaguing a Rhode Island family, resulting in the paranormal possession of the mother.

‘The Conjuring 2′ will feature Wilson and Farmiga reprising their roles as the Warrens, though it’s unclear which of their cases would be featured next. The Warrens also investigated the famous Amityville Horror case, and the haunting which served as the basis for ‘The Haunting in Connecticut.’ Their investigation involving the Annabelle doll from ‘The Conjuring’ inspired the recent spinoff film, ‘Annabelle.’
http://screencrush.com/the-conjuring-2- ... k-to-2016/

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 am

New Release Date And Title For The Conjuring 2

When New Line Cinema indicated that it was developing a sequel to the 2013 horror film, The Conjuring, there was little surprise among moviegoers. On release, the original film became one of the highest grossing flicks of its genre, raking in a massive $318 million against a $20 million budget. Little progress had been visible, however, until the studio’s recent announcement of a new release date, and a full title – The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Poltergeist.

In the original film, the story follows paranormal investigators and authors Ed and Lorraine Warren (Farmiga and Wilson) – real people with real experience in the field of unexplained phenomena – as they assist the Perron family (Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor). The troubled couple and their five daughters find themselves bombarded by disturbing events at their new home in Rhode Island in 1971, and call on the expertise of the Warrens to help uncover the cause.

The surprise hit movie was directed by James Wan (Insidious) and written by Chad and Carey Hayes – all of whom return to those creative roles for the sequel. Though specific plot details are currently unknown (the title is not easily attributable to the couple’s most famous cases), it is assumed that the story will be based around further real experiences of the investigating couple, whose works inspired The Amityville Horror. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson will both reprise their roles.

Since The Conjuring took theatres by storm in 2013, we have seen the release of a spinoff movie – Annabelle, directed by John R Leonetti – centred around a particularly disturbing doll that appeared in the hit film. Though Annabelle received largely negative reviews, it too was successful in terms of box office – generating $244.1 million in ticket sales against a budget of just $6.5 million. With James Wan and the Hayes brothers returning to craft the story for The Conjuring 2: The Endfield Poltergeist, however, this bona fide sequel is expected to match the quality of the first film and set box office registers ringing once again, when it is released on June 10th, 2016.
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/new- ... njuring-2/

grimjim
Amityville Addict

Post by grimjim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:01 pm

How are they gonna do a whole movie about this..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enfield_Poltergeist

Vlad
Amityville Addict

Post by Vlad » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:00 am

Why can't they do Amityville? After all, they hinted at it at the end of "The Conjuring". This Enfield thing sounds booooooring and a waste of a big-budget 2-hour movie. Heck, the name "Amityville" would sell 25% more tickets.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:41 am

Vlad wrote:Why can't they do Amityville? After all, they hinted at it at the end of "The Conjuring". This Enfield thing sounds booooooring and a waste of a big-budget 2-hour movie. Heck, the name "Amityville" would sell 25% more tickets.

The Conjuring series is known for making big bucks from budget movies and showing you don't need big bucks for special effects. Someone else probably owns the "Amityville" franchise as well.

The Warrens also were involved in a couple of days of the Amityville house. According to some, such as Marvin Scott, nothing at all happened in the house that night.