THE CONJURING movies

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Re: THE CONJURING - The Warrens movie

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm

If there was any involvement it would have been in a very limited capacity, at a guess. Nowhere have I seen any of the primary investigators refer to or mention the Warrens directly being involved.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

cwf081166
Amityville Member

Post by cwf081166 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:06 am

Hello again. I have been sitting here reading posts about the Warrens. In my opinion dealing with the Warrens was just as big of a mistake as letting Jay Anson write the Amityville story for the Lutzs and letting Hollywood take the story and run with it.

I am sure most of You have heard of Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, Kentucky. Back in the year 2008 Lorraine Warren made the statement that "Waverly Hills is the most demon infested place on the planet and she would never go there" It wasn't maybe two to three years later you could go to Waverly Hills and for a extra price totaled with the admission price you could listen to Her reminisce about her and Ed's experiences and any and all things paranormal. Plus buy their books and home made movies they sell on their internet site and YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOQadoeQims
In this video upload on YouTube named "The Real Amityville Horror" (I am sure everyone here has seen it at least once) During this interview with Lorraine Warren at video time 36:26 She makes the claim that Warner Brothers has the rights to their life story and she is rather proud of this fact.

Also go to IMDb.com (Internet Movie Database) and type in Ed and or Lorraine Warren and you can find information on every movie and interview the Warrens have done since the 1980s. I do know they were both technical advisors on the second Amityville movie because they are in the closing credits and more likely the first movie also. I would also bet they were of some influence in the books also, Because of how hokey some of the stories incidence were. (the marching band, the green slime,trying to cover everything paranormal known up to that time)

http://www.amityvillefiles.com/2010/01/ ... /#more-478
In the Michael Linder interview by Dan Nolte on the amityvillefiles.com Michael Linder said “From what I can remember of [the Warrens], they seemed like showbiz psychics" and "I’ve worked that world, but I had never really come across anyone as ’showbiz goofy’ as the Warrens. They struck me as not being psychic researchers, but more of a nightclub act"

Also during the Michael Linder interview it is stated "One of the claims made by the Warrens was that Alex Tanous, one of the other psychic investigators there that night, supposedly levitated 2 feet above the ground as he arrived at the front door" If this did really happen why wasn't it part of the lore of the seance or mentioned by Laura Didio and the new crew?

My explanation of the ghost/demon boy picture taken during the night of the Warren's seance at the Amityville house.
One psychic there that night named Mary Downey during an interview I found on Youtube said the she went into Allison's bedroom to rest in between the first and second seance. She also stated there was a nice young man that went in with her and he had a seat by the door leading out of the bedroom into the hallway. It would have been easy for him to lean his head and part of his body out the door at the sometime the picture was taken. Anyone who has seen the pictures taken that night of the seance can see several faces in the crowd that could have been the so called ghost/demon boy. Also if you look closely in the ghost/demon boy picture. There in between the banister rails, It looks like he has a checked or dark shirt with a white pattern of squares.

That interview with Mary Downey was either an old Coast to Coast or some other internet paranormal show, But I did hear it on YouTube. I am going to try to find it and will post it here when I do.

These are just a few things that make me agree with Michael Linders statement. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. Some of My opinion I have back up with her own words and like I wrote this is my opinions. Just like I feel Ed and or Lorraine Warren are showbiz goofies and a nightclub act at best. I am sure there are some of you that has reasons to like them after all they are only human.

Deadguydan
Amityville Addict

Post by Deadguydan » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:26 am

I enjoyed The Conjuring and felt it really held up well until the last bit with the exorcism....a little too much. The rest of the movie was just damn creepy. How it portrayed the Warren's is pretty much kind of what I thought. I didn't expect it to take the evil into their own home. I thought that was a nice touch.

cwf081166
Amityville Member

Post by cwf081166 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:18 pm

The Warrens claim to have brought the evil home with them also from Amityville and the Demon Murder Trial in Brookfield Connecticut, also known as "The Demon Murder Case" (A 1983 TV Movie starring Kevin Bacon)or also known as "The Devil In Connecticut" (This is the name of the 1983 book "The Devil in Connecticut" by Gerald Brittle)or also known as "Where Demons Dwell" (A 2006 Haunting episode) and the other case "Haunting in Connecticut" These are just some of the well known cases the Warrens claim to have brought the evil home.

Every time I read about the Warrens work I remember Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you anyone that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord:

Bless Lorraine's heart I am sure she means well.

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:08 pm

I watched the movie on the cinema when it came here last year and I did enjoy the movie and I think that is good compare with other horror movies from the last years but I agree with some people from here about the exorcism part, it really was a little too much and is a movie that after watch it once, you dont feel the same at the second time. I was kind of scare on the cinema but last month I watched it again here in my house and I wasnt scare anymore and my family wasnt scare either so is not like other horror movies that always cause the same impression on you. I heard that is probable The Conjuring would have a second part and I dont see it necessary at all so I hope not.

I'm kind of interested on The Warrens investigations, I think that they have some more interestings than other and maybe their works could be a good inspiration for horror movies, but sometimes I have my doubts and with the story behind this movie more, so I would like to find something about this case that not only the Andrea Perron's books because I read a lot of bad reviews about it.

grimjim
Amityville Addict

Post by grimjim » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:48 pm

The other way around for me.

In the cinema I wasn´t that scared at all but watching it at home with a friend it gave me the creeps..

Did anyone else think that the demonic possession make up reminded you a bit of the make up on the possesed Sonny from Amityville 2?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:13 am

‘The Conjuring’ Sequels in Jeopardy Due to Lawsuit

Releasing rather quietly into theaters last summer, James Wan’s modestly budgeted horror film The Conjuring took theaters by storm. A critical as well as commercial hit, Conjuring made over $318 million worldwide on a production budget of only $20 million. With a mood and style recalling classics of the genre like The Haunting and The Amityville Horror, the demonic possession tale proved to be the exact thing audiences were looking for after a decade largely filled with splatter flicks like Saw and Hostel. Not that those films don’t have their place, but sometimes one needs a break from bone-cracking, skull-splitting gore.

A Conjuring spinoff (based on Annabelle, the creepy demonic doll from the film’s prologue) was quickly greenlit, as was a proper sequel starring Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga as paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. The former has already started filming. Unfortunately, Warner Bros. may have to put those plans on hold for the foreseeable future – that is, if producer Tony DeRosa-Grund’s Evergreen Media Group has its way.

Grund has filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros. on behalf of Evergreen, alleging that Warners has acted in bad faith and is refusing to honor its profit sharing agreements with the company. Evergreen held the rights to adapt the Warrens’ case files for the big and small screens, and licensed them to Warners in exchange for a set purchase price for each theatrical feature and 5% profit sharing. Warners also agreed to employ DeRosa-Grund as an executive producer on all Warren-related projects.

For their part, Warner Bros. is denying any wrongdoing and are alleging that DeRosa-Grund improperly tried to get a Conjuring TV series produced with Lionsgate, despite Warner Bros.’ exclusively licensed rights to the property. DeRosa-Grund asserts that Warners’ rights only apply to theatrical productions, and that the studio improperly interfered in Evergreen’s dealings with Lionsgate, causing the TV project to become stuck in development hell.

Of course, movie fans are unlikely to spend too much time caring about all that legal minutiae and are probably wondering what the bottom line here is. Well, if DeRosa-Grund wins the case, there is a very real possibility that neither Annabelle nor Conjuring 2 will see the light of day.

That said, it’s doubtful that will happen. DeRosa-Grund just seems to want the money he feels he is owed, and if his claims are true, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In turn, Warners realizes it stands to make piles of money from future Conjuring films, and may opt to settle the case out of court in the end, allowing Annabelle‘s production to continue.

In the meantime, horror fans everywhere will wait and hope that this issue gets resolved soon so the real burning question can be addressed: If James Wan isn’t coming back, who’s going to step into the director’s chair for The Conjuring 2?

The Conjuring 2 is (currently) scheduled to hit theaters on October 23, 2015. Annabelle will hit theaters on October 3, 2014.
http://screenrant.com/conjuring-2-sequels-lawsuit/

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:58 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed The Conjuring. It was a nice throwback to those horrors of the late 70s/early 80s - and I thought they caught that time period just right.

8/10 movie - with a couple of 10/10 scares! :shock:
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

MirrorXE
Amityville Member

Post by MirrorXE » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Wow,thanks to you Guys, I had no idea that such a Movie exist! Now i have another Movie to ad to my Amityville Collection :D

I have heard about this Movie,but i have never really read the subtitle " from real events from ed and lorraine warren " :shock:
First day on the Forum,and a new Amitville related Movie found^^

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:05 pm

MirrorXE wrote:First day on the Forum,and a new Amitville related Movie found^^
Hey Mirror! Welcome (only been here a week myself)! :)
"Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph."

Mary23
Amityville Addict

Post by Mary23 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:00 pm

MirrorXE wrote:Wow,thanks to you Guys, I had no idea that such a Movie exist! Now i have another Movie to ad to my Amityville Collection :D

I have heard about this Movie,but i have never really read the subtitle " from real events from ed and lorraine warren " :shock:
First day on the Forum,and a new Amitville related Movie found^^
The truth is that the movie is not an Amityville related movie because nothing about it, come out there. The Conjuring is completely inspire on another case that the Warrens investigated and thats is similar to The Amityville case . The Warrens in the story is the only thing that both cases have in common. Even though, in the end of the movie, seems that the Amityville case is mentioned iin an ndirectly way.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Mary23 wrote: Even though, in the end of the movie, seems that the Amityville case is mentioned iin an ndirectly way
I wonder if they will at some point cross over into the Amityville 'franchise'. There's already one Conjuring sequel (based around the Enfield Poltergeist) and a 'sidequel' (about the Annabelle doll) in the works.

antny000
Amityville Addict

Post by antny000 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:39 am

Last I heard both films were on hold because of some legal issues. I hope it gets resolved, I'd really like to see both films, there hasn't been much worth seeing these days.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Thu May 01, 2014 5:15 pm

antny000 wrote:Last I heard both films were on hold because of some legal issues. I hope it gets resolved, I'd really like to see both films, there hasn't been much worth seeing these days.
I'm sure it will. Probably be settled out of court like so many of these things. Warners will soon make back anything it costs them - plus interest! :)

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Mon May 12, 2014 8:50 pm

omg....Lorraine is actually in this movie!!!! Around the 45 min mark in the audience.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue May 13, 2014 5:10 am

Shawn wrote:omg....Lorraine is actually in this movie!!!! Around the 45 min mark in the audience.

And I think members of the real Perron family is in the audience as well. I like the closing credits where the real Perron sister posed with their movie actresses counterparts.

Unlike the Lutz, Glatzel, Snecker families, the Perrons don't appear too disfunctional. All of them agree something unusual happened and there is no public disagreements between them.

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Thu May 22, 2014 6:25 pm

Am I the only one that sees the humor and irony that Gerald Brittle is suing Lorraine Warren for fraud in the second lawsuit? Karma I tell you.

http://www-deadline-com.vimg.net/wp-con ... 214431.pdf

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat May 24, 2014 4:59 pm

Interesting - so it seems they were going ahead with Enfield as the sequel.

I wonder if the participants of that story have been approached?

GhostHuntress
Amityville Member

Post by GhostHuntress » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:25 am

AMRA wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed The Conjuring. It was a nice throwback to those horrors of the late 70s/early 80s - and I thought they caught that time period just right.

8/10 movie - with a couple of 10/10 scares! :shock:
I did too, it had a nice script, and the movie gives you a really creepy feeling :clap:
"They're here!" - Carol Anne, Poltergeist.

AMRA
Amityville Addict

Post by AMRA » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:16 pm

@ GhostHuntress

Actually the best ghost story I've seen in a while (my favourite type of horror) :-D

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am