AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
User avatar
antny000
Amityville Addict
Posts: 902
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Ayko wrote:Picking up some bad troll spamming habits are you?! I ain't getting into it again with you people that strategically rip out small statements from a letter sized message and pick away at them seperately. A manipulation tactic of argument attack using small corners of a secure structure afraid to attack the structure as a whole. Try something new! I respond by repeating (one of) the same question(s) you and sherbetbizarre choose to ignore even though it is obviously key to the discussion. Need I say more?!
I did respond to your question and I listed all of the reasons why this movie ties into the Amityville mythos. If the movie simply had Amityville in the title, I would totally see where you're coming from, but this movie is beyond that so I don't understand what it is you want out of an Amityville movie exactly.

How about this - what exactly do you want in an Amityville movie? Please elaborate. And I don't mean crap on this movie about the things you don't like about it. Clearly this Amityville movie does not fit your standards, so what would fit your standards, then?
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

User avatar
Ayko
Amityville Addict
Posts: 363

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Ayko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

antny000 wrote:I did respond to your question and I listed all of the reasons why this movie ties into the Amityville mythos. If the movie simply had Amityville in the title, I would totally see where you're coming from, but this movie is beyond that so I don't understand what it is you want out of an Amityville movie exactly.

How about this - what exactly do you want in an Amityville movie? Please elaborate. And I don't mean crap on this movie about the things you don't like about it. Clearly this Amityville movie does not fit your standards, so what would fit your standards, then?
Why would I begin answering your line of questioning when you avoid my valid questions and points especially the important ones. For example (and again)...
Ayko wrote:Why not have the family with the comatose brother move into a house in an Alaskan village where three people were shot to death by the eldest son with a name that is not DeFeo or Lutz? Or better yet a house built on a property where a clinic once stood for extreme coma patients, or whatever disease he had, where gruesome experiments were done on them by a mad research scientist? You notice how inspiration is with the decent person and how it can help make a better story and film. That is because it is honest and done with integrity, and without alterior motives and stealing. So, sherbetbizarre (and antny000) that just doesn't get it, why not respect the DeFeo and Lutz Clans from the start? Why sacrifice artistic inspiration only to use the name Amityville? It is obviously not for making money.
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9664
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Because it's much easier to get a film financed in a franchise than one that isn't.

User avatar
antny000
Amityville Addict
Posts: 902
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by antny000 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Ayko wrote:Why not have the family with the comatose brother move into a house in an Alaskan village where three people were shot to death by the eldest son with a name that is not DeFeo or Lutz? Or better yet a house built on a property where a clinic once stood for extreme coma patients, or whatever disease he had, where gruesome experiments were done on them by a mad research scientist? You notice how inspiration is with the decent person and how it can help make a better story and film. That is because it is honest and done with integrity, and without alterior motives and stealing. So, sherbetbizarre (and antny000) that just doesn't get it, why not respect the DeFeo and Lutz Clans from the start? Why sacrifice artistic inspiration only to use the name Amityville? It is obviously not for making money.
[/quote]

The reason I asked those questions is because, to be quite honest, I'm not sure what your gripe with this movie is exactly.

What I think I'm gathering from you is that your argument is "Why make an Amityville sequel instead of an original movie?"

If that's your argument, then it's a simple answer - because it's made to be a sequel and not an original movie. Sequels get made - they (usually) continue an already established story, which is exactly what this movie seems to be doing. Clearly whoever wrote/made this movie wanted to write an Amityville sequel - if they wanted to do an original story, that's what they would have done. Maybe the writer is a fan of the films and wanted to do their own movie based on the subject or maybe they wanted to make a movie for the fans of the films.

I can't tell you why they chose to go the "Amityville" route because I did not make the movie - but they did and if you want to see an original haunted house story, there are plenty to check out. But griping on and on about a horror movie getting a sequel made is a bit pointless being that every single horror franchise has sequels.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 510

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:44 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:Because it's much easier to get a film financed in a franchise than one that isn't.
Lol! So you're admitting exactly what ayko pointed out. It's a ripoff! Splash amityville in the title and you got some backing regardless of the mess you're trying to make. Lol

And yes you can watch this online, if you want to join for a month? Btw, had very little to do with tah. :fp:

Kind of like Dan's movie. enjoy...
FIRE THAT THING UP!

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 154

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Bodie_Rose » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:35 pm

Ayko wrote:Why not have the family with the comatose brother move into a house in an Alaskan village where three people were shot to death by the eldest son with a name that is not DeFeo or Lutz? Or better yet a house built on a property where a clinic once stood for extreme coma patients, or whatever disease he had, where gruesome experiments were done on them by a mad research scientist? You notice how inspiration is with the decent person and how it can help make a better story and film. That is because it is honest and done with integrity, and without alterior motives and stealing. So, sherbetbizarre (and antny000) that just doesn't get it, why not respect the DeFeo and Lutz Clans from the start? Why sacrifice artistic inspiration only to use the name Amityville? It is obviously not for making money.
You keep repeating this and the answer to your questions are simple.

They WANTED to make an Amityville movie, they wanted to use the Amityville legends/mythology and the iconic Amityville house... and yes they probably wanted to exploit the Amityville name.

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9664
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:10 am

jimmysmokes wrote:And yes you can watch this online, if you want to join for a month? Btw, had very little to do with tah.
Quit lying about this sort of thing. You've been caught out before :roll:

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 510

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:03 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:And yes you can watch this online, if you want to join for a month? Btw, had very little to do with tah.
Quit lying about this sort of thing. You've been caught out before :roll:
yes like the time you accused me of not reading and having sexton's book! sorry if i can get amityville stuff before you but that's for you to whine about.

i'm posting a full account of my movie review on another amityville site i frequent. one where it will not be removed by arrogant children (to quote ayko)

another spanking delivered by jimmysmokes
FIRE THAT THING UP!

User avatar
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict
Posts: 154

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Bodie_Rose » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
sherbetbizarre wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:And yes you can watch this online, if you want to join for a month? Btw, had very little to do with tah.
Quit lying about this sort of thing. You've been caught out before :roll:
yes like the time you accused me of not reading and having sexton's book! sorry if i can get amityville stuff before you but that's for you to whine about.

i'm posting a full account of my movie review on another amityville site i frequent. one where it will not be removed by arrogant children (to quote ayko)


another spanking delivered by jimmysmokes

Why would something as simple as a movie review be removed here?

Also... care to give me a link to where you watched it? I don't mind subscribing to watch movies, I prefer doing so than going to a movie theater.

User avatar
antny000
Amityville Addict
Posts: 902
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by antny000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:42 am

If you did see it, then why not share?

You've being very vague about watching it and I can't help but feel like you're saying you watched it so you can justify crapping all over it.
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11786

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:59 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:Why would something as simple as a movie review be removed here?
He is being facetious. He has a chip on his shoulder because we sometimes remove his posts. And his posts get removed if/when he attacks other board members or does other inappropriate things.

User avatar
antny000
Amityville Addict
Posts: 902
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by antny000 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:05 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:Why would something as simple as a movie review be removed here?
He is being facetious. He has a chip on his shoulder because we sometimes remove his posts. And his posts get removed if/when he attacks other board members or does other inappropriate things.
Why does this not surprise me?
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 510

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:16 pm

antny000 wrote:If you did see it, then why not share?

You've being very vague about watching it and I can't help but feel like you're saying you watched it so you can justify crapping all over it.
okay, ill tell you what you've been dying to hear. its the best Amityville movie ever made!
FIRE THAT THING UP!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 510

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:41 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:Why would something as simple as a movie review be removed here?
He is being facetious. He has a chip on his shoulder because we sometimes remove his posts. And his posts get removed if/when he attacks other board members or does other inappropriate things.
well dan, you'd know all about chips and shoulders since you can't seem to remove Ryan Katzen (off your) Back, now for over a decade huh? that's not meant as an attack either, just being facetious.

as for me attacking anyone on here, its only happened when they attack me and I returned the favor. you reap what you sew! and I tell you all now that NONE of my posts are half as bad as some of the sh!t that has been launched in here over the years like you can dig up on here that remains! no, what we have here is sour grapes and favoritism.

your counterpart called me a liar on here and said I never read My Sister's Keeper. he asked for proof then I gave him a whole (pageful) post on this before anyone read it on here and he took it down after I put it up!? he got it handed to him and removed it hoping no one would see.

that's what is really going on here as inappropriate things.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 am

Streaming this at the moment, if you paid money to watch this trash, you earn too much money. Oh, I'm travelling across Europe atm and there's no law against streaming this off one of these sites in my current residence :) . The film sucks so far and I encourage everyone to boycott it so the movie company goes out of business for scewing the fans. Adios amigos!
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9664
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:Oh, I'm travelling across Europe atm and there's no law against streaming this off one of these sites in my current residence :)
Yeah, of course not :think:

User avatar
antny000
Amityville Addict
Posts: 902
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by antny000 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Okay so why don't you post a screen shot from a scene that hasn't been advertised yet?

You do know that no one's going to believe any of you actually watched it when you people respond with excuses on why you can't "share" it.

So, if you have access to the movie, post a screen shot - of a scene that hasn't been shown yet.

I'm willing to bet you won't and will just come up with some other excuse. lol
Gonna go make me some Sugar Cookie Stew! Yum yum!

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9664
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:25 am

Guess our bickering is going to continue on for a while... :doh:
‘Amityville: The Awakening’ Moves Off Summer Schedule

Weinstein Co. and Dimension Films’ is moving Blumhouse’s Amityville: The Awakening off its June 30 release to a date to be determined.

The Bella Thorne-Jennifer Jason Leigh horror series installment directed by Franck Khalfoun has been moved around the calendar a few times. Prior to June 30, the movie was slotted for Jan. 6. Prior to that, Amityville was scheduled for April 1 last year, and going back a bit further, the pic was also scheduled for April 15, 2016.
http://deadline.com/2017/06/amityville- ... 202109296/

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:03 am

antny000 wrote:Okay so why don't you post a screen shot from a scene that hasn't been advertised yet?
You're unable to look for it yourself? :fp:

Someone here already said he paid 4 dollars to watch it, are you calling him a liar too? So why would it not be feasible for fans to rip a copy and upload it?

You didnt make yourself look good with that post but eould accept an apology as you're probably just having a bad day. Adios amigo! :breakdance:
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9664
Contact:

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:13 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Someone here already said he paid 4 dollars to watch it, are you calling him a liar too?
The film is not legally out anywhere, so why would he be paying someone $4 to watched a leaked movie?

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Someone here already said he paid 4 dollars to watch it, are you calling him a liar too?
The film is not legally out anywhere, so why would he be paying someone $4 to watched a leaked movie?
You'd have to ask jimmysmokes?
jimmysmokes wrote:glad I only spent four bucks to view this online. save your money! Jennifer Jason Leigh you should be ashamed of yourself.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Post Reply