Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Re: Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:28 am

I keep asking myself what a "rock fence" is but I can't for the life of me, even get past this....wouldn't that be a.."natural barrier"?? And then....I insult my own intelligence trying to examine his claims and walk away feeling ashamed for having spent the energy.... :oops: :wall:
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:52 am

Yeah, sometimes I feel stupid for even bothering to check Moran's claims. It really does seem like a waste of time. His claims are so outlandish, and so obviously made-up -- he's like that "Frisby" guy from the old Twilight Zone series, who keeps telling lies and is kidnapped by aliens who believe him.

On one hand I feel like I'm wasting my time investigating his lies, but then I feel if his lies go un-checked, that some people might believe him, and all our own research into the case -- all the time we spent tearing away the veils of fiction from everything -- will have been wasted.

It's like we're in the sewer, shoveling away the crap as fast as we can to let the truth flow freely, and Rick is right above us, sitting on the toilet after having eaten 4 double cheeseburgers, 3 orders of fries, 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, a chocolate shake and a few Ex-lax...

Gerri's Burn-Pit wrote:Image

Hilarious! :clap:
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby msmart112 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:39 am

Dan the Damned wrote:This is clearly where Rick is coming from. He feels free to make up any crap he wants because a lot of the original participants are dead. He is basically telling us straight to our face that he is feeding us bullsh*t. And that is the real reason why we've never before heard this story of the ghostie boy being the girlfriend of a PRF member -- because Rick just made it up...

And when he's not making things up...he's stealing the work of others.

From the ASUP website...

http://www.asup-inc.org/photography101.htm

When shooting IR film, the biggest obstacle to getting a good print is exposure, which in and of itself is not as great a problem when shooting IR or Full Spectrum digitally. The biggest problem with digital IR images is associated with the cost of the equipment.

Infrared is not simply infrared. The width of the spectrum is extremely wide. It begins at 700 nm, the extreme edge of the visible spectrum and from there it merges into heat waves. Infrared is broken down into four ranges. The actinic range is the nearest to visible light. These wavelengths are produced by incandescent objects such as the sun or a light bulb. This radiation can also be reflected by objects which are not themselves hot. Good reflectors of this type are green leaves and the human body.

The next range is called the hot-object range. This is the infrared radiation given off by hot irons or electrical appliances having a temperature of about 400C. Next is the calorific range. This non-actinic radiation is produced by objects having a temperature from about 100C to 200C. Finally there is the warm range, non-actinic radiation given off by the human body or the ground. The wavelength involved here is about 9000nm and cannot be recorded by film. (In other words, the heat given off by the body and the landscape cannot be photographed. There must be a source of IR light that can be reflected.)

IR film is sensitive to a range from 650 to 800 nm, although it peeks in its sensitivity to IR at about 750nm, only 50 nm above the visible spectrum. Kodak's film is capable of recording IR from 750 to 900+nm. As you can see, therefore, both films are only capable of recording IR in the first two ranges. Except for the sun or artificial lights, in most infrared photography, all objects will be reflecting IR not emitting it, an interesting footnote given the supposed nature of what we call ghosts. We are not talking about thermal imaging, such as the FLIR camera. Therefore like ordinary photography we are shooting subjects which reflect light from a source. And that source will be the sun or an artificial light such as tungsten lights or strobes.

From Apogee Photo Magazine...

http://www.apogeephoto.com/mag1-1/mag1-IR.html

When shooting IR film, the biggest obstacle to getting a good print is exposure. And believe it or not this has been one of the biggest areas of misinformation. Many of the first articles I have read say something like the following: "IR negatives tend to be very dense, with hardly any discernible detail, which makes the printing process very difficult indeed!"

Well I guess so! If the writers' negatives were that dense I guess they would be hard to print. The question is - Why are they so dense?

Let's start by explaining what infrared film records. Infrared is not simply infrared. The width of the spectrum is extremely wide. It begins at 700 nm, the extreme edge of the visible spectrum and from there it merges into heat waves. Infrared is broken down into four ranges. The actinic range is the nearest to visible light. These wavelengths are produced by incandescent objects such as the sun or a light bulb. This radiation can also be reflected by objects which are not themselves hot. Good reflectors of this type are green leaves and the human body.

The next range is called the hot-object range. This is the infrared radiation given off by hot irons or electrical appliances having a temperature of about 400C. Next is the calorific range. This non-actinic radiation is produced by objects having a temperature from about 100C to 200C. Finally there is the warm range, non-actinic radiation given off by the human body or the ground. The wavelength involved here is about 9000nm and cannot be recorded by film. (In other words, the heat given off by the body and the landscape cannot be photographed. There must be a source of IR light that can be reflected.)

Konica's IR film is sensitive to a range from 650 to 800 nm, although it peeks in its sensitivity to IR at about 750nm, only 50 nm above the visible spectrum. Kodak's film is capable of recording IR from 750 to 900+nm. As you can see, therefore, both films are only capable of recording IR in the first two ranges. Except for the sun or artificial lights, in most infrared photography, all objects will be reflecting IR not emitting it. (I can't say this enough!) Therefore like ordinary photography we are shooting subjects which reflect light from a source. And that source will be the sun or an artificial light such as tungsten lights or strobes.

:roll:
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby msmart112 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Just as he did last year, when he was interviewed on this same program, Rick tells a story about "the Amityville saga will end when only one person from one side or the other remains alive."

In July of 2007...Rick attributed that line to himself when being interviewed on Audiomartini. He said that he had said it about ten years prior.

In February of 2009...on White Noise Paranormal Radio...Rick attributed the line to George Lutz. Rick said that he had asked George "when will it end" on a TV show. Rick didn't say when this happened...only saying that it happened before George had died.

In May of 2009...on Beyond Edge Radio...Rick again attributed the line to George Lutz. This time...he was more specific as to when the line was allegedly stated by George. He said that George had said to him (Rick)..."You've got a bad heart, and damn near died a while ago...". Rick had a massive heart attack in 2002. So Rick is clearly saying that George made the "last person alive" comment sometime in 2002 or later.

Yet on Friday night...again on White Noise Paranormal Radio...Rick said that George had said the line on a TV show back "when the book was still hot"...impying that it had happened 30 years ago.

So in less than three years...the line went from being said by Rick Moran 10 years ago...to being said by George Lutz somewhat recently...to being said by George Lutz 30 years ago.

:roll:

Here's audio of all four of Moran's versions...

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1267996438
msmart112
Amityville_Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:39 pm

George would never have made the comment, "Whoever dies last, wins", that's just ridiculous :roll:
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby eber3 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Tim wrote:I keep asking myself what a "rock fence" is but I can't for the life of me, even get past this....wouldn't that be a.."natural barrier"?? And then....I insult my own intelligence trying to examine his claims and walk away feeling ashamed for having spent the energy.... :oops: :wall:

I don't know how he used the term, but a rock fence is a fence made out of loose piled stones. They are very common between fields on farms on the East coast and the in the Mid West. Basically it is just the stones that got plowed up that were then stacked on the property line to form a "rock fence". Those type are usually made with round stones, but you will also see some made with random shaped and sized stones stacked between post. Basically any stacked stone fence without mortar.

eber3
complete jackass

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:George would never have made the comment, "Whoever dies last, wins", that's just ridiculous :roll:

Yes. Totally ridiculous. It implies both "sides" are lying, and the last one alive won't be called out on their lies by the other.

I think it does fit for Moran, though, because he is full of sh*t.

msmart112 wrote:And when he's not making things up...he's stealing the work of others.

A liar and a thief.

msmart112 wrote:So in less than three years...the line went from being said by Rick Moran 10 years ago...to being said by George Lutz somewhat recently...to being said by George Lutz 30 years ago.

He seems to be giving Ronnie DeFeo a run for his money in the game of "how many times can you change the same story." lol
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:38 pm

I've just listened to last Fridays show and there was not one mention of Rick's passing... amazingly they never seemed to have got the news.

However, they were quite excited to announce Lorraine Warren will be on April 16th...
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:32 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:I've just listened to last Fridays show and there was not one mention of Rick's passing... amazingly they never seemed to have got the news.

However, they were quite excited to announce Lorraine Warren will be on April 16th...

:dance: :clap: Did someone say Lorraine Warren on the radio? I just put it in my planner...This should be a great show!!
Like a child left to roam, you found me, your arms were my home
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby Dan the Damned » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Will she allow phone calls?
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Postby BillyCigars » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 pm

Yes, but they won't allow any heavy breathing-type calls.

*looks at Evanguy*
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."
BillyCigars
American Psycho

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:13 pm

:clap: :dance: lol :breakdance:
"Things of this nature happen quite frequently,and when they happen to families, they usually close the door and they don't talk about it; and unless these things are talked about, they'll never be understood." - Kathy Lutz
Tim
The monkey supplied the glue.

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:43 am

BillyCigars wrote:Yes, but they won't allow any heavy breathing-type calls.

*looks at Evanguy*

I wonder if she will be there in the studio in person or will she be calling in from her Monroe, CT home?
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby sherbetbizarre » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:56 am

Calling in - plus their phoneline is Amercian and should be free for you ;)
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Postby Evanguy Reincarnated » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Calling in - plus their phoneline is Amercian and should be free for you ;)

Nice...I love this show
Evanguy Reincarnated
Curiouser and curiouser

Postby cwf081166 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:36 pm

I don't mean to "Beat Rick Moran or His dead sources" but every paranormal story or crime story Moran has covered He has turn them one way or another into his own personal adventures.
I have tried to find the interviews Moran's gave about The Mothman investigation, and then being stalked by the Men in Black because of said investigation/story.
Then there is His story about his investigation into the Manson Family and Moran being threatened/stalked all over the country by The Family during and after the investigation.
Has anyone heard the interview were Moran claims to be one of the first reporters at the DeFeo crime scene the night after the murders?
In that interview Moran said on His return to His home the night after the DeFeo murders He pick up a kitten his family had just gotten and placed the kitten in his lap. He claimed then the kitten dropped dead for no apparent reason.
Keep in mind Moran claim to have a DEA source that claims late the night of the murders Dawn left the home for a short period of time. Moran also harps about the gunpowder burns/residue found on Her night clothing.
I would also have gunpowder burns/residue on my cloths if someone shot me at pointblank range.

If anyone could give those website addresses I would appreciate it.
Thank You
cwf081166
Amityville Member

Postby sherbetbizarre » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:45 pm

cwf081166 wrote:I have tried to find the interviews Moran's gave about The Mothman investigation, and then being stalked by the Men in Black because of said investigation/story.

That was printed in the Fortean Times. It may even have been on their website, which sadly no longer exists.

Has anyone heard the interview were Moran claims to be one of the first reporters at the DeFeo crime scene the night after the murders?

Yep, he definitely claimed that.

In that interview Moran said on His return to His home the night after the DeFeo murders He pick up a kitten his family had just gotten and placed the kitten in his lap. He claimed then the kitten dropped dead for no apparent reason.

That was actually Joel Martin's story. He was also there to see the DeFeo bodies removed from the house. Which I believe he was, but not so much Rick Moran.
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Previous

Return to Amityville Discussion