Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:33 am

Dan the Damned wrote:The only point he seems to make is when he says he didn't notice anything paranormal, but this is a year before the Lutzes bought the place, so "paranormal" wouldn't be on the agenda during that visit (assuming, of course, that this visit even took place).

It also could simply be a way of making himself appear to be more of an "expert" in the matter, being "the first journalist allowed inside the house after the murders."
I spent a night in a haunted house (my sister's former residence) once or twice and I never felt anything ... but that doesn't mean that it wasn't haunted ... it doesn't make me an expert either.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:20 pm

Its like Palin saying she has foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her house. :D

Moran says those who were alive in 1976 know its a hoax because "they saw it as it was unfurling." :roll:

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:12 pm

SwingMan wrote:"Ronnie was a gun/firearms instructor"? - where the hell does he pull this stuff out of?
His ass.

In his 2004 Fortean Times article…he wrote…

“It was well known that Butch had a preoccupation with guns. He was not only proficient with them, he was fastidious about their safe handling. DeFeo friends agree that he handled weapons like a range officer in a police academy, so it is unlikely that he would carry or throw a loaded and cocked weapon into the water.”

...yet in his 2009 radio interview…he said…

“Ronnie DeFeo was a gun nut, and he was really into gun safety. As a matter of fact he used to teach gun safety courses.”

…so in 2004…he handled weapons “like” a range officer…but in 2009…he all of a sudden becomes an instructor?

:roll:

Also from the 2009 radio interview…

"I did interview one fellow who Ronnie had beaten severely, because when they went hunting once the guy climbed over a rock fence with the gun in his hand rather than handing it over to someone until he climbed over without the gun. Ronnie took that kind of thing very, very seriously."

…one fellow? Did this “fellow” have a name?

:roll:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Yes, good points!

Rick's stories just continue to grow and grow. As you point out, the comment "Ronnie handled weapons like a range officer" eventually becomes "Ronnie used to teach gun safety courses."

The number of errors found in Anson's book keeps changing. Rick told me via email that his memory wasn't so good, and he couldn't remember the exact number of errors, but it was "over 100."

So if he can't remember the exact number, why did Rick give an exact number of "120 errors" on the radio interview he gave earlier this year? Because giving an exact number makes his case appear stronger than if he said "around a hundred." Just like claiming that Kaplan and Hoffman were his associates makes his arguments seem "less nutty." He's banking on Kaplan & Hoffman's individual reputations to give his fairy tales a sense of legitimacy.

VampireKen
Amityville Film Historian

Post by VampireKen » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Dan the Damned wrote: "Ronnie used to teach gun safety courses."
Wow :lol:
"Sometimes, it's not the house that's haunted. It's the People."-Self

For Info on Filming Details of the Amityville Horror Trilogy, please view http://amityvillefaq.com/truthboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6594&start=210

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:He's banking on Kaplan & Hoffman's individual reputations to give his fairy tales a sense of legitimacy.
And since both Kaplan and Hoffman have passed away...there's no way for them to refute his silly claims.

How convenient.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:51 am

There's a common thread of Rick Moran's so-called sources. They are:

* Deceased - convenient since they can no longer refute or confirm the claims;
* Anonymous - which means they either don't exist except in Moran's mind or they are people who said something entirely different (or off the record) which Moran took out of context; said individuals probably don't want him quoting them because they know his reputation (or lack of). They probably don't want to be publicly associated with him through one of his nonsensical articles, and have probably threatened to sue him if he did.
* A final origin of his sources reside in his rectal cavity, which explains the foul odour.

Hope this makes sense?
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:22 am

Coming in March... The SEQUEL :dance:

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:05 am

Me thinks someone should send the hosts a link to the "Beating a Dead Source" article so they can ask him some pointed questions... :D

Link the Labrador
The Lab from Amityville

Post by Link the Labrador » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 pm

Somehow, I doubt the sources of Ronnie being a gun instructor. A good gun instructor wouldn't savagely beat his/her pupil for jumping a gate gun in hand. They'd confiscate the gun and/or lecture the person on how it was very dangerous to do it.

When will I think this whole thing ends? When Rick Moran dies. And when he does, I do not know. Snobs, :) flower :), and generally bad/evil people tend to live a really, really, really long time while good people die young. I swear, are they taking some kind of solution to enhance their lifespans? :think: IT IS A CONSPIRACY!!!!!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:13 pm

Rick Moran on White Noise Paranormal Radio
Type: Music/arts - Listening Party
Start Time: Friday, 05 March 2010 at 22:00
End Time: Saturday, 06 March 2010 at 00:00
Location: INTERNET RADIO SHOW FROM LONDON - NO TRAVEL NECESSARY

Join the White Noise Paranormal Radio team for the sixth instalment of the third season of their acclaimed guest based talk show.

Tonight Jason and Kelly will be joined by Paranormal Investigator Rick Moran.

Rick Moran is best known in the field of Unexplained Phenomenon as the investigator who debunked Jay Anson’s famous book, The Amityville Horror, but that is not the whole story.

In 2006, Rick decided that he would start a paranormal research and field investigation group in Texas and received permission from earlier members of ASUP to continue to use their name.

Rick has also extensively studied such cases as the world famous Mothman of Point Pleasant.

Don't miss this special episode!!!!!!!

Questions for Rick and the team can be sent in by email to:

kellywhitenoise@aol.com

prior to the show commencing at 10pm (GMT)

Alternatively you can ask your questions in our White Noise Paranormal Radio Website Chatroom live during the broadcast.

The Chatroom can be found at:

http://whitenoise.forumotion.net

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:17 pm

I sent them an email with info on Rick a week ago, including a link to the article I did for Eric/Blaine's site. Don't know if they'll use it or not. They might not want to challenge their guests.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:29 am

This is tonight, 10pm UK time...

So it's a toss-up between this and Season 2 of True Blood :P
To Join The LIVE CHAT ROOM during broadcasts Go To: http://whitenoiseradio.webs.com

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:20 am

I'd go with True Blood.

I hope they ask why Rick's once-so-frigging-important ghost photo seems to be in hiding these days. A year ago it was being hailed (by Rick) as one of the most amazing pieces of paranormal evidence ever. Now it's not in his website's photo section, and I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere on his site. Why did it disappear?

You remember this photo -- the one that looked like a blurry image of Rick walking down the stairs... :P

EDIT: Looks like that photo is still there. Not in the "photo evidence" section, but as part of a lesson plan on how to take ghost photos. I guess Rick feels that taking a clear photo of a ghost is no big deal anymore.

http://www.asup-inc.org/photography101.htm

Funny to note that the "photo evidence" section contains pics which are FAR less dramatic than this one. I think this implies that Rick faked this photo and is worried someone might blow the whistle on him...

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I've been trying - unsucsessfully - to listen in live for the 20 minutes! :roll:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:35 pm

I'm in!

Caught the end of the Amityville bit... Rick talks about powder-burns and hand guns and the host says "I've been reading online..." and tells Rick that the evidence says overwise... this is good... but then Rick rambles... RAMBLES his way out of an answer!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Archive is up:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/famously-h ... rmal-radio

They gave a warning to behave in the chatroom, and not make comments about the guest, or you will be booted. They also gace me this warning when I went in there earlier.

I've listened to this show a few times and this is the only time they have given such a warning - does Moran's presence encourage such behaviour? lol

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:32 am

This week we won't be taking listener calls due to possible time constraints.
LOL! I bet Rick made that a condition -- can't handle phone callers saying "you're a fraud." Actually, maybe they felt my phone call last year went on a bit too long -- they mentioned that last time they ran out of time and didn't get to talk about the Mothman case. Okay, so maybe that's not a condition from Rick -- maybe that's valid. Little did they know that I was at Disneyland for the day, and would not be calling-in...

So around the 47 minute mark, one of the hosts tells Rick that he thinks it is wrong when paranormal investigators tell people that their house is haunted. Rick agrees, and states that he never does this. Rick goes further and claims he doesn't even use the terms "ghost" or "haunted."
I never tell somebody that they live in a haunted house, because there is a negative connotation with that. What I'm saying is "this is not your imagination."
But we never say your house is haunted, because the word "haunted" has a negative connotation which I can't overcome. I don't use that term.
If we've actually seen and recorded something that is paranormal, we would say that we have witnessed, as shown in the reveal, certain activity which we cannot explain under normal circumstances. But we don't turn around and use the word "haunted" just like we don't use the term "ghost."
However, just last year Rick Moran presented the Pride House B&B (in Jefferson, Texas) with an official plaque, declaring the Pride House as "an officially haunted location." Here's the link.

And if you use google's advanced search, Rick's ASUP website gets 130 hits for the word "ghost" and 94 hits for "haunted." So much for his claim of not using those terms, aye? :rotate:

Around 1:05, Rick crows about having an affiliation with TAPS. I don't think that's anything to crow about, but still, I bet it's not even true...

Rick sure is boring, and they let him blab on and on. Rick's monotone delivery is putting me to sleep -- but around 1:10 they start talking about Amityville. Rick claims the "ghostie boy" is really the girlfriend of one of the PRF investigators.

Later Rick talks about the DeFeo murders. Same ol' BS as from his last interview. Around 1:23 Rick talks about the bullet that hit Dawn, and says it was fragmented and heavily damaged. One of the hosts jumps in and asks Rick about the gun residue on Dawn's dress (and how some experts say it is consistant with Dawn being shot at close range -- not indicitive of Dawn firing a weapon, as Rick claims) and he also mentions to Rick how the police ballistics reports clearly state that all the family members were shot with the same rifle. Both of these points are covered in detail at this link.

As Sherb pointed out, Rick gives a long, rambling answer which essentially evades the question. A few days ago, I was joking in private with Sherb and Max, saying that if Rick was asked about Dawn, his response would probably be something like this: "Look, I don't have the police documents in front of me. A lot of my documents were destroyed in a fire many years ago, so I don't know that what you're talling me is totally accurate. Documents can be forged, blah blah blah..."

But instead, Rick's response seemed to suggest that this was all hearsay, and he even seemed to be suggesting that this info comes from Jay Anson's book. But it doesn't. This is direct documentation from police files, and expert opinion from the investigators who worked on the actual DeFeo case. The jist of Rick's answer is that he (Rick) got his info from the people involved in the case, and admits that he could be wrong, and that the only person who knows the truth is Ronnie DeFeo.

Nonetheless, police ballistics reports clearly show that Rick Moran IS wrong. Dawn was not killed by a handgun, her bullet was not damaged beyond recognition, and the powder burns do not indicate that she fired a gun that night. There is no defense for Rick. Maybe that's why the host didn't press any further and allowed Rick to change the topic. Oh well. Kudos for bringing it up, at least. Too bad Rick didn't use the answer I wrote for him -- I think it would have worked out better...

Well, they have 30 mins left and they're now talking about the Mothman. It's past midnight now, and my feet and legs are sore from a theme park visit, so I'm gonna stop listening to this and go to bed now... Night-night. :)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 am

Dan the Damned wrote:Rick claims the "ghostie boy" is really the girlfriend of one of the PRF investigators.
He even claims:
"But I could look at it (ghostieboy) and and say, "yeah, I know who that is"
But then the host talks over his next line. Maybe he was even going to throw out a name?
Why hasn't he mentioned this before? Or the PRF investigators?
Around 1:23 Rick talks about the bullet that hit Dawn,
As Sherb pointed out, Rick gives a long, rambling answer which essentially evades the question.
He actually starts by saying "The answer the the claims are very, very simple..." then rambles for nearly 5 minutes while bringing up the Lutzes twice (on a DeFeo murder question!), repeats his "when will this end, George?" story, talks about the "original people" not being around anymore... "what are we left with? we're left with folklore" - unfortunetly the hosts missed that. There is a difference between Folklore and police records!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:49 am

Good point. If Rick knows the true identity of the "ghostie boy," then why are we only hearing about this now? Why no mention of this in his grand 2005 Fortean Times article? Nor on his website?

Here's what Rick said last night:
Almost a year later we got a notice from a very good friend at Duke University -- the Psychical Research Foundation. Now what happened was several PRF people had been asked if they would like to be able to see the house. And they accepted that invitation. Unfortunately when they showed-up, it was a media circus. They had been, as they would say in Texas, bushwhacked.

And [they] walked into the house, and here is all the media and Ed & Lorraine Warren and Dr Hans Holzer, yadda yadda yadda, okay, and all the pretenders to the throne. And they sat down at the table, kind of mesmerized by the whole thing. And the claim of the paranormal [audio glitch] were made. Now nobody from PFR made any comment about it.

As a matter of fact, this one photograph, which I think Lorraine Warren had -- there's this photograph taken upstairs of a girl's head wearing glasses, sticking her head out from a doorway, as if to say "who's out there?" And Lorraine says, "Well I can account for everybody who was in the house, and there was nobody in the house who was a female with glasses. And so that's the ghost of one of the children."

No. In fact it was the girlfriend of one of the PFR people who had come along and who had been walking around the house and taking a look at what was going on; and when she heard somebody walk upstairs -- who was the photographer who Lorraine had hired -- she stuck her head out and the guy took a picture.

Nothing paranormal about it. [audio glitch] ...everybody it's a ghost picture. But I can look at it and say, "Yeah, I know who that is."
Firstly, I just want to address the factual error, where Rick claims that Hans Holzer was there during that 1976 investigation. Rick is the only person in the world that claims Holzer was there. The Lutzes said Holzer was not there. The Warrens say Holzer was not there. Holzer said he was not there. Everyone but Tricky Rick agrees Holzer was not there that night. Holzer first stepped inside that house almost a full year later, in 1977. The Lutzes wanted him involved, but he was too busy.

As most of you know, you can most likely find this photo on your own via Google, but we don't allow it to be posted on this board. George considered it a prized possession, and it was to be the focal point of his "Amityville Horror Picture Book," (which some claim might still be published). So out of respect for George, we don't show the photo here, even though to my knowledge George has never asked us not to post it, and you can see this photo as part of most Amityville documentaries, including "History's Mysteries." I know, it's a policy which makes less and less sense to keep as time goes on, but please respect it and don't post the photo.

Anyway, let's examine Rick's claim. He says the "backstory" is that there was no female in the house that night who wore glasses. But the investigation pics show that Mary Pascarella was wearing glasses -- and in any case, the claim that was made about this photo was that there were not any children in the house that night, because lots of people feel the figure resembles a child.

Rick claims this PRF girl heard footsteps upstairs, went up to investigate and the Warrens' photographer snapped her picture. But the ghostie boy photo was taken by a stationary unmanned camera -- not by a photographer. And this camera was on the landing in between the 1st and 2nd floors, so anyone venturing upstairs would have to pass right by it to reach the 2nd floor. So for Rick's story to work, it would have to be the PRF girl walking around upstairs and the photographer coming up to investigate -- not the other way round (and we would still have the issue with the camera being unmanned and stationary).

Just as he did last year, when he was interviewed on this same program, Rick tells a story about "the Amityville saga will end when only one person from one side or the other remains alive." In other words, the last one standing can tell all the fictional stories he wants and there will be no one to oppose him.

This is clearly where Rick is coming from. He feels free to make up any crap he wants because a lot of the original participants are dead. He is basically telling us straight to our face that he is feeding us bullsh*t. And that is the real reason why we've never before heard this story of the ghostie boy being the girlfriend of a PRF member -- because Rick just made it up...

Gerri's Burn-Pit
Amityville Member

Post by Gerri's Burn-Pit » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:54 pm