Barbara Cromarty & Nascar

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
VicRealty
Amityville Member

Barbara Cromarty & Nascar

Post by VicRealty » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:16 pm

"National Stock Car Racing Commission"

She is a member of the board that hears driver appeals.

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/feature ... index.html

# 13
The Creepin Yeti

Post by # 13 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:18 pm

Ya know, now that you mention it.....

I once Googled the Cromarty's and found a Jim Cromarty involved with NASCAR but I was not sure if it was the same Jim (I can't remember all of the particulars).

Now we know
"Either the most complex and sophisticated hoax in the history of Anthropology has continued for centuries without being exposed or the most manlike and largest non human primate has managed to survive in parts of North America and remains undiscovered by modern science."
Prof G.W.Gill - President of the American Board of Forensic Anthropology

Dutchcolonial
Amityville Architect

Jim and Barbara Cromarty

Post by Dutchcolonial » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:40 pm

They own, or once owned, the Riverhead Raceway. Riverhead, if you will remember, is where the dickhead that killed his whole family was tried and convicted and led away to rot in prison.

Dutch.
“From trees to boathouses, Ocean Avenue was a street of American dreams. And what happened at 112 was a suburban tragedy.” G. SULLIVAN

“I want no part of the world out there. As far as I’m concerned, out there, there is nothing but trouble, disease, animals. I want no part of the world. In here at night when we lock in, they lock us in the cells. I feel safe, that nobody is going to get me. I feel fine. I really like that…..” RJD, JR.,October 15, 1975

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Re: Barbara Cromarty & Nascar

Post by evanguy2004 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:43 am

I guess I never knew specifically NASCAR but to Dutch's point the Cromartys have been very active through the years with the reace track riverhead raceway. I believe they still own it. I might have to google it to get an update

OldSoul70
Amityville Addict

Post by OldSoul70 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 am

They still own it. However I don't know for how much longer. The people living in the surrounding area have been complaining about the noise and dust and they want it to shut down even though that raceway has been there before any of those people prob even moved there. It makes me laugh because all those people knew that the raceway was there and they chose to live there.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Here is the link to Riverhead Raceway. I searched the entire site but found no mention of Jim or Barbara Comarty on the site. I even combed through all the pictures and press releases but still no mention of the Cromarty's!

http://www.riverheadraceway.com/index.html

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:10 pm

HISTORY

Riverhead Raceway is one of the oldest stock car race tracks in the country, opening in 1951 as a dirt track, converting to asphalt in 1955. It is a quarter-mile high-banked oval that includes a Figure 8 course. Many of the top NASCAR drivers drove at Riverhead at some point in their career; some such as Steve Park started at Riverhead. Current owners Barbara and Jim Cromarty purchased the track in 1984.RACING

The Riverhead season runs from the end of April until the end of September. Races are held on Saturday nights beginning at 5 p.m. and select Sunday afternoons at noon. There are six divisions: modified, late model, charger, figure eight, blunderbust and super pro truck. In addition, novelty races are scattered throughout, such as demolition derbies, train races (three cars chained together), enduros (large fields racing to a lap-limit or until one car remains) and demolition of school buses, police cars and taxicabs. Once ayear, the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour, a race that travels across the Northeast, makes a stop at Riverhead. Old Timers Day is normally held the last Sunday in August. It was rained out this year and held Sunday.

LOCATION: The track is one mile east of the last exit (73) of the Long Island Expressway, just past the Tanger Outlets on County Road 58.

ADMISSION: Ranges between $20 and $25 for adults; $5 for children 6-11, 5-and-under are admitted free. Parking is free.

INFORMATION: 631-842-RACE (7223) or www.riverheadraceway.com

HIGHLIGHTS: Racing footage from Riverhead, along with other tracks, can be seen on Long Island's Need for Speed, Sundays at noon on Cablevision of Woodbury Ch. 20.

NOSTALGIA: The Himes Museum of Motor Racing Nostalgia is located in Bay Shore. For information, call 631-666-4912 or www.thehimesmuseum.com.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:14 pm

With the population growth and noise barriers these events are no longer easy to host and the foreseeable future at Riverhead Raceway is undetermined. Jim and Barbara Cromarty fought numerous battles in court (tedious, tiring, expensive process) keeping the only race track on the Island open. The old timers have resorted to polishing their wheels in the garage,, young drag racers run from the cops constantly searching for "spots" ,,, and the fastest growing motorsport of motorcycle stunt riding is performed in the streets with ongoing casualties...classic example - Ronnie Giovelli of Reality Racing hosted a major event a few years back at Westhampton Raceway to get the underground motorcycle riders a destination to perform and now its a golf course,,,,with that said,,, my dedication to hosting events for the enthusiasts goes beyond a duty,,,its a need

Thanks to Jim and Barbara Cromarty, myself as a future motorcycle event pioneer continues. Barbara Cromarty, a member on the NASCAR committee gave me direction in introducing me to the staff members at a track here in Tennessee. And now a new venture begins. The world of motorsports is welcomed down here,,in fact the local police departments assist in the flow of traffic during major events. It will be a while before East End Productions will announce dates/location for "The Motorcycle Fair of Tennessee" in respect to the creation of such an event,, but it will be well worth the wait for the passion of the game...

The Long Island Motorcycle Fair has grown to become the largest one day show on Long Island (according to the NY visitors bureau). Without the strong support from the spectators, sponsors and volunteers this event would not be possible. The tradition continues Sunday, September 9th, 2007 at Riverhead Raceway. I am looking forward to coming back in the Spring/Summer season to promote for the show and to see friends and supporters. Until then,, have fun and ride safe...

Thank you for giving me the drive: Spectators, Sponsors, Press, Media, Maximum Motorsports of Riverhead, Vendors, LongIsland.com, The East End Angels, Full Throttle Magazine, 101.1 Jack,FM, Lof-It Systems, Reality Racing, All the Stunt Riders, Newsday, Special Interest Vehicle, Christian Motorcyclists, Axis Security, George Link and family, Tommy Tabacco, Bill Hammond, Ray Ray XFR, Gabe "Tiny", Cycle-Delics, Bike Builders, Bands, Grey Wolf Studios, Riverhead Tent Supply, Non-profit organizations, Donald Strand, Long Island Hells Angels, Eddy's Long Island RV, My Angel - Chris Karpowitz, Non-Supporters, My family and friends...

Thank you for taking the time, keep it real !!!!

See you on the East End,

DennisMoeser

Event Orchestrator

East End Productions

New York/ Tennessee

Motorcycle Fair Attendance

JULY 2003 1200+
JUNE 2004 2000+
SEPT 2004 3500+
SEPT 2005 8000+
SEPT 2006 11000+

Questions??- info@motorcyclefair.com

Terms of Use and Privacy Statement

BillyCigars
American Psycho

Post by BillyCigars » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 pm

Lorraine is gonna be SOOOO jealous when she sees you're paying more attention to the Cromartys than her now!

:wink:
"The old man's still an artist with a Thompson."

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Yeah - what's the deal? You gonna be moving to Riverhead, NY?

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Also Barbara's (Comarty) son from a previous marriage died of a drug overdose. ... He too stayed in Ronnie's room too while living at 108 Ocean Avenue...Strange?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 pm

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:Image
Dan was this a picture of Barbara Cromarty's son on the bed in Ronnie's room? Great find!!bb

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Yes, it is a great find, but I didn't find it. I think it came from a newspaper article a long time back.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:25 pm

So there you go...Solid proof that Barbara Cromarty's kid did indeed stay in Ronnie's room on the 3rd floor of the house. He later died of a drug overdose! I can't remember did he die of a drug overdose while living at the house? I think we determined it was several years after he moved out of the house? Can we say pretty darn "Odd"?? Not to mention with all do respect a pretty homely looking kid huh?

leathermonkey
Amityville Addict

Post by leathermonkey » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:52 pm

From what I remember reading, he may have died elsewhere, or en route to the hospital, and not IN the house. I think he was living there at the time though. Of course Im only speculating about things Ive read on the internet, for what its worth.

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:26 pm

evanguy2004 wrote:So there you go...Solid proof that Barbara Cromarty's kid did indeed stay in Ronnie's room on the 3rd floor of the house.
The question earlier was if Peter O'Neill lived in Ronnie's room...

As for when he died, I remember it the same way as leather. That they were still living in the house, but didn't die (or wasn't pronounced dead) until he reached the hospital. I'm not totally sure, though.

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:19 am

Dan the Damned wrote:
evanguy2004 wrote:So there you go...Solid proof that Barbara Cromarty's kid did indeed stay in Ronnie's room on the 3rd floor of the house.
The question earlier was if Peter O'Neill lived in Ronnie's room...

As for when he died, I remember it the same way as leather. That they were still living in the house, but didn't die (or wasn't pronounced dead) until he reached the hospital. I'm not totally sure, though.
Again all I have to say is..."Odd" if I can continue to borrow your word for these types of happenings. Each one of these by themself can be easily explained as life occurances but when you add up all of the events that took place from that fateful night of 13-NOV-74 forward you can only scratch your head and say...hmmmmmm....That's Odd!! I would love to see someone compile a complete posting of all of the odd events that have occured to be able to view these one area. Then I would sit back and watch Ms. Victoria Principles pick apart each event one by one and give her total rational explanation of why these occured as if we experienced these types of happenings in our lifes. I know I haven't!!

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:54 am

You make Victoria out to be some sort of super-skeptic. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the same vibe from her. I've viewed her as bringing up possible alternate viewpoints of an issue in order to try and get to the truth.

Although, when I look back at what you wrote, maybe that's exactly what you're saying...

evanguy2004
I Am Insane

Post by evanguy2004 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:You make Victoria out to be some sort of super-skeptic. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't get the same vibe from her. I've viewed her as bringing up possible alternate viewpoints of an issue in order to try and get to the truth.

Although, when I look back at what you wrote, maybe that's exactly what you're saying...
That is what I'm saying Dan. I guess I'm the type of person who likes to believe rather than be skeptical of stuff. But to your point we need both types of people in the world. Victoria Principles is a great person and we all love her very much!! :oops:

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: Barbara Cromarty & Nascar

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:23 am

Finally sold the track:
A ‘bittersweet’ moment as Riverhead Raceway’s owners sell track

Jim and Barbara Cromarty arrived at Riverhead Raceway on a beautiful August morning Saturday, the couple wearing matching NASCAR official shirts, just as they have on so many summer days. For nearly four decades, the couple has been a fixture at the last remaining race track on Long Island.

This day, however, was unlike any other.

“It’s bittersweet,” said Ms. Cromarty after she and her husband agreed to sell Riverhead Raceway, which they’ve owned since 1984 and managed since 1978.

One day earlier, the Cromartys sold the track to Ed and Connie Partridge for $4 million. The Partridges plan to keep the race track use, which was something the Cromartys have always insisted of anyone who approached to buy.

“We finally stopped crying,” Jim Cromarty said in an interview at the track Saturday morning before the start of another weekend of racing. “For most of Thursday and Friday, we did a lot of crying. Just being choked up.”

Over the years, the Cromartys have received 12 to 15 offers to buy the 24-acre track property, and many of them were for well more than what they ended up selling the land for, they said.

The offers were rejected because the Cromartys wanted to see the property remain a race track, and most of the purchase offers we from developers looking to put stores there, they said.

“We felt strongly about that,” Ms. Cromarty said. “There are enough developments around here. The racetrack is a tradition.”

“It’s fantastic that Barbara and Jim held out for us,” said John Ellwood, a former race car driver who has been the track’s general manager for the past seven years. “We’ve got a fantastic owner coming aboard.”

He said it’s important that there be a track for younger generations to go to in the future. Mr. Ellwood will remain the track’s general manager under the new owners.
http://riverheadnewsreview.timesreview. ... ell-track/