sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: The Enfield Poltergeist

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:06 am

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:23 am

That guy started filming as soon as he woke up. There's no way I would even consider starting something like that without a coffee first.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Two articles here looking at the Warren's involvement with the case.

They turned up for one day in 1978 - but did they return for an additional three days in '79 as they claim?

Original instigator Guy Lyon Playfair doesn't think so, plus he claims the phenomena was over by then...

http://weekinweird.com/2016/01/07/conju ... -the-case/

http://tomruffles.blogspot.co.uk/2016/0 ... n.html?m=1

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:51 am

I am curious to see The Conjuring 2 for the Amityville angle but remain cautiously optimistic about the rest.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat May 14, 2016 4:32 pm

Rokiisun
I am the year 1989

Post by Rokiisun » Wed May 18, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm looking so forward to this. If it's got Enfield and Amityville in it then it looks promising.
It is better to return a borrowed pot with a little something you last cooked in it.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:27 pm

GhostHuntress
Amityville Member

Post by GhostHuntress » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:54 pm

SPOILERS!!!

I watched The Conjuring 2 last week, dunno if any of you have seen it yet, but I have a small review of the film, first, the opening scene, it's in in the Amityville house. Ed and Lorraine are doing a session. Lorraine enters a vision of the murders, where she is the one shooting the DeFeos, in the same order Ronnie did. In fact, her reflection is him. They did a marvelous job recreating the crime scenes, it looks like she was magically put in the pictures, as she walks by the house, the little "boy" with flashing eyes peeks in the corner, but her vision is interrupted by the demon who causes the Enfield Poltergeist, showing her a premonition of Ed's death. Her vision suddenly ends and Lorraine says her famous words: “I hope that this is as close to hell as I ever get.” You don't get true confirmation as if the murders were supernatural or not, but the little boy and Valak seem to imply that, I think they were also impliying he was the cause, as he appears as a nun to mock the Warren's Faith, as that reminds me of the hooded figure George saw on the last night.
The movie was good, it was creepy, but I didn't got as freaked out as in the first one. In The Conjuring 1, I felt as if I was there with the Perrons, experiencing the haunting. Here I was worried for Janet, but mainly for Ed, because before watching the movie I knew Ed died before Lorraine (Who I hope to meet some day). And I didn't know the cause. So I was more concerned for Ed that the scares or the Hodgsons.
Also I arrived a bit late to the opening due to the long popcorn line :roll:
"They're here!" - Carol Anne, Poltergeist.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:12 am

GhostHuntress wrote:SPOILERS!!!

I watched The Conjuring 2 last week, dunno if any of you have seen it yet, but I have a small review of the film, first, the opening scene, it's in in the Amityville house. Ed and Lorraine are doing a session. Lorraine enters a vision of the murders, where she is the one shooting the DeFeos, in the same order Ronnie did. In fact, her reflection is him. They did a marvelous job recreating the crime scenes, it looks like she was magically put in the pictures, as she walks by the house, the little "boy" with flashing eyes peeks in the corner, but her vision is interrupted by the demon who causes the Enfield Poltergeist, showing her a premonition of Ed's death. Her vision suddenly ends and Lorraine says her famous words: “I hope that this is as close to hell as I ever get.” You don't get true confirmation as if the murders were supernatural or not, but the little boy and Valak seem to imply that, I think they were also impliying he was the cause, as he appears as a nun to mock the Warren's Faith, as that reminds me of the hooded figure George saw on the last night.
The movie was good, it was creepy, but I didn't got as freaked out as in the first one. In The Conjuring 1, I felt as if I was there with the Perrons, experiencing the haunting. Here I was worried for Janet, but mainly for Ed, because before watching the movie I knew Ed died before Lorraine (Who I hope to meet some day). And I didn't know the cause. So I was more concerned for Ed that the scares or the Hodgsons.
Also I arrived a bit late to the opening due to the long popcorn line :roll:
Umm, Ed died 29 years later at the ripe age of 86 years old. Lorraine's premonition did not come true.

Victoria Principles
Amityville Maniac

Post by Victoria Principles » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:24 am

Many paranormal experts sharply disagree what a poltergeist is. Some say it's a ghost and a hauntings. Others believe it's a ESP and telepathic event of the mind,.

GhostHuntress
Amityville Member

Post by GhostHuntress » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:51 am

Victoria Principles wrote: Umm, Ed died 29 years later at the ripe age of 86 years old. Lorraine's premonition did not come true.
I know, :roll: but at the time I watched the movie I didn't know.
"They're here!" - Carol Anne, Poltergeist.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:13 am

I love how they used the Amityville ghost boy reference in this film. We all remember when the kid himself told us on this very forum, it was actually him and the Warrens told him to keep quiet as it made a spooky story.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:49 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:I love how they used the Amityville ghost boy reference in this film. We all remember when the kid himself told us on this very forum, it was actually him and the Warrens told him to keep quiet as it made a spooky story.
Does his post still exist? Can't find it. That's pretty cool that he'd post that here. Interesting. Not at all surprised that he was instructed to let people believe what they wanted to believe (and not be informed regarding what really happened).

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:23 pm

underthegarden wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:I love how they used the Amityville ghost boy reference in this film. We all remember when the kid himself told us on this very forum, it was actually him and the Warrens told him to keep quiet as it made a spooky story.
Does his post still exist? Can't find it. That's pretty cool that he'd post that here. Interesting. Not at all surprised that he was instructed to let people believe what they wanted to believe (and not be informed regarding what really happened).
Paul Bartz was not a kid when the photo was taken - he was the Warren's assistant.

The post referred to is here (Bartz never posted on here himself):

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... tz#p120711

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:22 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
underthegarden wrote:
Paul Bartz was not a kid when the photo was taken - he was the Warren's assistant.

The post referred to is here (Bartz never posted on here himself):

http://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboard ... tz#p120711
Thanks for the link! Love the debunking efforts of this board. Even though I am mostly a believer (in the paranormal, not Amityville ghosts specifically), I have a keen interest in debunking ghost photos. So cool that someone reached out to Bartz, and even cooler that he actually responded.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Paul Bartz comes up quite a bit in this account of the Warren's trip to the UK, mainly focusing on Enfield. Near the end there's some spooky incidents at Borely church which Bartz denies happened!

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Sounds like Bartz didn't believe in a lot of things, why did he even want to be around the Warrens. Sounds like he has an alterior motive. He will never be a respected member of the field thats for sure. Maybe someone should invite him to a podcast and sort this guy out.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Post by devilbustedinct » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 pm
Sounds like Bartz didn't believe in a lot of things, why did he even want to be around the Warrens. Sounds like he has an alterior motive. He will never be a respected member of the field thats for sure. Maybe someone should invite him to a podcast and sort this guy out.
How do you invite someone who has been dead for years to a podcast? I suppose if it’s a paranormal podcast it’s possible to a certain minority of gullible people. Maybe I’m wrong, but didn’t Paul die like in 2014? At least that’s what his obituary has said for 6 years. Maybe it’s a hoax?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:55 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:24 pm
How do you invite someone who has been dead for years to a podcast? I suppose if it’s a paranormal podcast it’s possible to a certain minority of gullible people. Maybe I’m wrong, but didn’t Paul die like in 2014? At least that’s what his obituary has said for 6 years. Maybe it’s a hoax?
Didnt know that, must have been very young then.