Where do I begin? Joel Martin 2015 interview with Art Bell

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Where do I begin? Joel Martin 2015 interview with Art Bell

Post by Brendan72 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:17 pm

This 2015 interview Joel Martin comes out and claims Amityville as an outright hoax, citing instances from Stephen Kaplan and William Weber. Are we really surprised Joel Martin has taken this position though?

- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Where do I begin? Joel Martin 2015 interview with Art Bell

Post by Dan the Damned » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:42 pm

I know, right? He's been flip-flopping for years. Depends what mood you catch him in, I guess...

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 pm

According to the written statement of Jimmy (Kathy's brother), who was no fan of George, the flies did not come from Weber's imagination rather they were very real as well as far more numerous than described in Anson's book. Jimmy stated they were "swarming" all over the first floor when he visited (with Carrie) not just in the Sewing Room. His visit obviously occurred long before the Lutzes met William Weber after fleeing the house so it would be impossible that the flies originated from Weber's fevered imagination "over several bottles of wine" if Jimmy told the truth (not that I ever doubted Weber is a liar and very immoral). This is detailed in Micky's otherwise worthless, fantastical novel "Amityville: My Sister's Keeper" (2016). Jimmy's statement in the very last chapter is the only thing of value in this rotten novel 90% of which doesn't even deal with Amityville.

Another thing that has always bothered me about Joel Martin is his seeming desire to have it both ways so to speak. He sometimes claims the events were a hoax then other times tries to blame everything from the death of his kitten (the night of the Defoe Massacre) to the hit and run murder of his ex-wife (the day he interviewed that shyster Weber) to the (possible drug overdose) death of David Roskin (Barbara Crommarty's son from a previous marriage) exact (he even mentioned Peter O'Neil Jr's 9/11 death in that interview as part of this) on some sort of "Amityville Curse". Unlike Laura Didio (whose stance has never truly changed) I don't have much respect for Martin because of this clear attempts at double-dealing. :naughty:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 pm
According to the written statement of Jimmy (Kathy's brother), who was no fan of George, the flies did not come from Weber's imagination rather they were very real as well as far more numerous than described in Anson's book. Jimmy stated they were "swarming" all over the first floor when he visited (with Carrie) not just in the Sewing Room. His visit obviously occurred long before the Lutzes met William Weber after fleeing the house so it would be impossible that the flies originated from Weber's fevered imagination "over several bottles of wine" if Jimmy told the truth (not that I ever doubted Weber is a liar and very immoral). This is detailed in Micky's otherwise worthless, fantastical novel "Amityville: My Sister's Keeper" (2016). Jimmy's statement in the very last chapter is the only thing of value in this rotten novel 90% of which doesn't even deal with Amityville.

Another thing that has always bothered me about Joel Martin is his seeming desire to have it both ways so to speak. He sometimes claims the events were a hoax then other times tries to blame everything from the death of his kitten (the night of the Defoe Massacre) to the hit and run murder of his ex-wife (the day he interviewed that shyster Weber) to the (possible drug overdose) death of David Roskin (Barbara Crommarty's son from a previous marriage) exact (he even mentioned Peter O'Neil Jr's 9/11 death in that interview as part of this) on some sort of "Amityville Curse". Unlike Laura Didio (whose stance has never truly changed) I don't have much respect for Martin because of this clear attempts at double-dealing. :naughty:
:lol: "Kathy's brother who was no fan of George". Damn, not another family member! Well, that's 4 now, to count. :fp:

Man, them flies were all consuming huh? I think after the second day of moving in, (common sense would have prevailed), and I would've called in Pest Control Services and found out what the hell was going on! Of course that might have solved some problems right there, perhaps even spoiled the haunting game being played? :doh:

What is "Defoe Massacre"? Disgrace to the memory of the Defeo's

Love your comment on DiDio here! Stance never changed huh? I refer you to the "Real Ghost Stories Online: Laura DiDio" thread, you recently commented on. :clap: :fp: Absolutely Brilliant! I love your flip-flopping on here. You love George, then you question him? Blasting Laura for damming evidence against haunting, now here stance never changed? Boy!! Got me?

Perhaps a nice anti-psychotic med will help with your schizo behaviour, Rock? Even sees demons on plates :oops:

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:04 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:28 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:57 pm

:lol: "Kathy's brother who was no fan of George". Damn, not another family member! Well, that's 4 now, to count. :fp:

Man, them flies were all consuming huh? I think after the second day of moving in, (common sense would have prevailed), and I would've called in Pest Control Services and found out what the hell was going on! Of course that might have solved some problems right there, perhaps even spoiled the haunting game being played? :doh:

What is "Defoe Massacre"? Disgrace to the memory of the Defeo's

Love your comment on DiDio here! Stance never changed huh? I refer you to the "Real Ghost Stories Online: Laura DiDio" thread, you recently commented on. :clap: :fp: Absolutely Brilliant! I love your flip-flopping on here. You love George, then you question him? Blasting Laura for damming evidence against haunting, now here stance never changed? Boy!! Got me?

Perhaps a nice anti-psychotic med will help with your schizo behaviour, Rock? Even sees demons on plates :oops:
Oh, Jimmy. Are you so butthurt about Rock tearing My Sister's Keeper to shreds that you have resort to straw manning
and criticizing typos? I would ask the same about resorting to childish attacks, but I think that you have been doing that from day one.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Nah, not butthurt Wally. Please note that we're on a different thread here. Seems you have a problem, like you have to come to his rescue when it gets handed to him, even by his own doing! You could go and take a look at what he said about DiDio here recently, like I said above. I've seen him contradict his own beliefs and viewpoints in here ad nauseum.

I'm just pointing them out. Let's let him stand on his own two feet for a change.

And (for the last time) I don't care about Micky Sexton. Nor more than I care about Ronnie or George. As I said on here before, I don't play any favorites. Which is why my views are straight forward and unclouded. And to show you I mean what I say - Everyone in here, please start threads bashing Micky Sexton! If it were not for George & her sister, there would be no Micky to expose George!

Well, nothing better than it's creator, so guys start bashing at will. I hope I can contain my composure? :roll:

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:58 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:44 pm
Nah, not butthurt Wally. Please note that we're on a different thread here. Seems you have a problem, like you have to come to his rescue when it gets handed to him, even by his own doing! You could go and take a look at what he said about DiDio here recently, like I said above. I've seen him contradict his own beliefs and viewpoints in here ad nauseum.

I'm just pointing them out. Let's let him stand on his own two feet for a change.

And (for the last time) I don't care about Micky Sexton. Nor more than I care about Ronnie or George. As I said on here before, I don't play any favorites. Which is why my views are straight forward and unclouded. And to show you I mean what I say - Everyone in here, please start threads bashing Micky Sexton! If it were not for George & her sister, there would be no Micky to expose George!

Well, nothing better than it's creator, so guys start bashing at will. I hope I can contain my composure? :roll:
Actually he has done a pretty good job standing on his two feet. He really doesn't need me to defend him. As matter of fact I didn't say much during the back and forth arguments that you two got into on the other thread. So I don't know where you are getting that crap about me having to come to his rescue.

Yes, I know what he said about Laura Didio, so I don't need to go back to the thread. I think the issue Rock had with Didio had more to do with her repeating an unsubstantiated rumor, than whether she had been consistent with her views on the AH. I don't know for sure if that is the case, but I am pretty sure Rock can speak for himself on this issue too. Personally, I didn't even understand what the big deal was either way. If the rumor is true than all it really meant is that basements in Long Island can be drafty and that dogs sometimes freak out at the weirdest things.

My last post wasn't written as a defense for Rock, but as a commentary to the way you have been acting on this board.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm

*Yawn* Jimmy gonna troll and thus hijack (yet) another thread, how predictable. :silenced:

Wallace, you should ignore him that's what I've decided to do. He's obviously fishing for a response. That said, I do appreciate your efforts to maintain civility here. :)
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:09 pm
*Yawn* Jimmy gonna troll and thus hijack (yet) another thread, how predictable. :silenced:

Wallace, you should ignore him that's what I've decided to do. He's obviously fishing for a response. That said, I do appreciate your efforts to maintain civility here. :)
Yeah, you're probably right. Now, Jimmy's arguments have gotten bizarre. In the thread about Laura Didio he now claims that me and you have butted heads and he somehow brought Harry, the Lutzs' dog into the argument. I am not sure what this man's game is.

Shawn
Been there, Done that

Post by Shawn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:06 am

Wow. This reminds me when Christopher Berry Dee and Tracy DeFeo trolled this board. Hi everyone, long time no see.
Any and all comments made by the poster "Shawn" are purely his opinion and do not reflect the opinions of the board owners, administrators or moderators. Also, all postings done by the member "Shawn" are property of "Shawn" and cannot be reproduced in any way shape or form without written permission from the poster known here(@http://www.amityvillefaq.com) as "Shawn". TIA.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:48 am

Amityville Rock wrote:

Trolling? I asked you to take a look at your contradictory comments you made regarding Laura!

And I’m glad you’ll be ignoring me henceforth! I won’t have to look at your nonsense anymore.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:40 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:48 am
Amityville Rock wrote:

Trolling? I asked you to take a look at your contradictory comments you made regarding Laura!

And I’m glad you’ll be ignoring me henceforth! I won’t have to look at your nonsense anymore.
At the risk of sounding like I am coming to Rock's rescue, I want to point out that he did respond to you in the thread about Didio. Not that you will be satisfied by it.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:21 am

That’s fine Wallace. I get what you’re saying or defending. Please note that Rock changes his opinions/viewpoints like the seasons change.

That’s all I’m saying bro

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:43 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:21 am
That’s fine Wallace. I get what you’re saying or defending. Please note that Rock changes his opinions/viewpoints like the seasons change.

That’s all I’m saying bro
Yeah. I am not really defending anything, but keep deluding yourself.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:15 pm

Wallace wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:59 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:

Yeah, you're probably right. Now, Jimmy's arguments have gotten bizarre. In the thread about Laura Didio he now claims that me and you have butted heads and he somehow brought Harry, the Lutzs' dog into the argument. I am not sure what this man's game is.
Did you expect anything different now we know he's a 9/11 conspiracist?

Anyway on the subject of Amityville being a hoax, there are too many coincidences and strange happenings and testimonies for it to be untrue. Then My Amityville Hoax has added even more strange spin on the whple thing. Its the haunting that keeps on giving.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:21 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:15 pm
Wallace wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:59 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:

Did you expect anything different now we know he's a 9/11 conspiracist?

Anyway on the subject of Amityville being a hoax, there are too many coincidences and strange happenings and testimonies for it to be untrue. Then My Amityville Hoax has added even more strange spin on the whple thing. Its the haunting that keeps on giving.
Well, I am more on the fence about whether the haunting was real, however I do find it interesting that this man is a 9-11 Truther. It never seizes to amaze me where people chose to apply skepticism.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 pm

Well... I know someone who’s a believer in the 9/11 conspiracy theories AND a believer in TAH...

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:22 pm

And yet another topic thread gets derailed by idiots. I'm reminded of the Simpsons episode where Marge makes a cake for Homer to ruin so he doesn't f*ck up Maggie's cake.

I should create a topic thread for the morons to go to.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:25 am

Whos Joel Martin
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:33 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:25 am
Whos Joel Martin
You're asking that as an "Amityville fan since 1995"? :?

Amit Y Ville

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:49 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:33 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:25 am
Whos Joel Martin
You're asking that as an "Amityville fan since 1995"? :?
Probably heard the name before but don't care to remember who he is.