Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Re: Amityville My Sister's Keeper

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:19 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:00 am
Good news everyone, Jimmy won't be distracting us anymore on the thread. Now if we can get him to leave this forum we might actually have some meaningful discussions.

:like:

I'll add the next part of my review once I finish the last two chapters of Micky's novel (hurray). :)
I'd say we keep him, kinda like the forums little pet one person gets to keep over the weekend. Gotta love 911 conspiracists after all. :lol:
Nah, I don't want to antagonize Jimmy or anyone else on this forum. Maybe he is indeed related to Micky (he could be Jimmy Connors Jr.) in which case picking on him because of his clearly clinically insane aunt wouldn't be right. We can't choose our relatives.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Chapter 15 & 16: Are devoted to Kathy's passing. They are sad but contain no additional warlock happenings or Amityville info.

Chapter 17: This is by far the most exciting part of the book. It is mainly a statement quoted verbatim from Kathy's (now deceased) brother Jimmy Connors Sr. In the statement Jimmy in brief details his visit with Carrie to the infamous house. Jimmy describes there being a massive amount of flies not only in the Sewing Room but also downstairs as well. There were so many flies Jimmy and George could not kill them all using rolled-up newspapers in twenty minutes so they gave up and everyone ate supper. George and Kathy then begged Jimmy to sign a piece of paper saying that he saw the flies so they would have a witness. Micky still blames this on George somehow saying it was all part of his "hoax". I suppose he summoned hundreds of files with his magical warlock powers. :lol:

Speaking of the "Day of the Flies" (as Jimmy called it), In an earlier chapter, Kathy told Mickie that aside from Jimmy encountering the flies Carrie saw a ghostly boy on the second floor (seemingly as detailed in Anson's book).
Last edited by Amityville Rock on Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:02 pm

In summation: Micky's novel is the second craziest Amityville story I've ever read by far. If not for Jackie's novel which edges it out mainly due to Ronnie & Jackie's astral projection time travel hijinks, it would be the most unbelievable in the entire saga.

I give it four out of five spinning headstands with Jackie's novel edging it out for a perfect five rating.

Here's how I rank the bottom three trash tier allegedly true Amityville books -

1.) The Devil I know :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:

2.) My Sister's Keeper :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:

3.) The Night The Defeoes Died :breakdance: :breakdance: :breakdance:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

sharkbyte
Amityville Member

Post by sharkbyte » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:21 pm

I was following this thread with amusement. Wish it would have kept going but it seems like Jimmysmokes was right. The activity on it dropped right after he said it would when he left thread. Also by reading the thread it seems like there are many arse's on this board.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:29 pm

sharkbyte wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:21 pm
I was following this thread with amusement. Wish it would have kept going but it seems like Jimmysmokes was right. The activity on it dropped right after he said it would when he left thread. Also by reading the thread it seems like there are many arse's on this board.
Either because of that or more likely because I'm done with my review breakdown. There is nothing more to add. Either George Lutz was an uber warlock thus Micky is right or far more probably George wasn't supernatural thus Micky is wrong and perhaps (if not all but certainly) delusional, a liar, or both.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:04 pm

sharkbyte wrote:
jimmysmokes left the thread a day ago...and it's a holiday weekend.

It seems like there are some idiots on this board as well. :roll:

sharkbyte
Amityville Member

Post by sharkbyte » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 pm

msmart112 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:04 pm
sharkbyte wrote:

I'm just saying that he left and the thread went downhill. The holiday shouldn't have anything to do with it considering the thread was receiving hits during it. And most people aren't celebrating it anyway. Most are home and basically in lockdown, either watching telly or on their computers. I started reading this thread and it was basically Amityville Rock posting to himself on it. Jimmysmokes appeared and then it got interesting. He was asked to leave which I thought was uncalled for, he did and made a comment that it would drop off in activity. He seems to have been correct. I didn't find anything much interesting in what Amityville Rock was posting so him saying now that it's because he's done with the thread is the reason why it lost activity, untrue.

I take it you're one of those idiots on here? 8-)

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:48 pm

sharkbyte wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:36 pm
msmart112 wrote:
sharkbyte wrote:

I'm just saying that he left and the thread went downhill. The holiday shouldn't have anything to do with it considering the thread was receiving hits during it. And most people aren't celebrating it anyway. Most are home and basically in lockdown, either watching telly or on their computers. I started reading this thread and it was basically Amityville Rock posting to himself on it. Jimmysmokes appeared and then it got interesting. He was asked to leave which I thought was uncalled for, he did and made a comment that it would drop off in activity. He seems to have been correct. I didn't find anything much interesting in what Amityville Rock was posting so him saying now that it's because he's done with the thread is the reason why it lost activity, untrue.

Weak. :roll:

It's late...I'm tired...I'll give you a good smakcking tomorrow.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:56 pm

sharkbyte wrote:
msmart112 wrote:
sharkbyte wrote:

Oh, look another troll or perhaps Jimmy using a sock puppet. If the latter, it is beyond pathetic. :lol:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:05 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm
Hey Rock. You can bash Micky all you want. I do question your sanity though? That "demonic" plate you tried to pass off on here is one for the books! With that in mind it's easy to see why you believe in the haunting. Rationality (or lack of) is a common qualification for those that do....
Looks like I hit a nerve, eh Jimmy?

I said I could never prove the plate came from the original Amityville House only that it wasn't tampered with. I spent over $20,000 of my own money to have the plate authenticated. Unlike Micky, I haven't commercialized my plate or made a cent of profit from my investigation.

Besides, if I'm crazy then Micky is a full-blown lunatic. My tame claims are far more plausible than her outrageous ones are. :lol:

OMG, Amityville Rock, $20,000! Were you able to get any answers about it?

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:14 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:56 pm
sharkbyte wrote:
msmart112 wrote:

Oh, look another troll or perhaps Jimmy using a sock puppet. If the latter, it is beyond pathetic. :lol:
:D
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:42 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:10 pm
Hey Rock. You can bash Micky all you want. I do question your sanity though? That "demonic" plate you tried to pass off on here is one for the books! With that in mind it's easy to see why you believe in the haunting. Rationality (or lack of) is a common qualification for those that do....

I said I could never prove the plate came from the original Amityville House only that it wasn't tampered with. I spent over $20,000 of my own money to have the plate authenticated. Unlike Micky, I haven't commercialized my plate or made a cent of profit from my investigation.

Besides, if I'm crazy then Micky is a full-blown lunatic. My tame claims are far more plausible than her outrageous ones are. :lol:

No totally, the money was spent to authenticate the plate (meaning it hasn't been altered thus the image is genuine). It cost so much because Eastman-Kodak stopped making traditional camera materials (plates, film exact) c.2010 (due to everything going digital) and mothballed their old equipment as a result antique photography has become extremely expensive (including restoration work and authentification work on old photographs). I, however, could not prove the photograph came from the old house only that whatever/whoever the figure is he was really there when the photograph was taken he/it isn't a defect or alteration.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 pm
Hi everyone, today I received an unexpected early Christmas gift from a friend who is aware of my Amityville interest: Micky Sexton's book (2016). Thus far, I've read the first two chapters, and boy or boy does it paint Kathy Lutz in a poor light (it also shows that the Connors Family was abusive and, frankly, dysfunctional). Kathy throws out nearly everything her husband "Seb" owns when they "break up" after nine years of marriage while he is away then Micky notes her sister has always had a very bad temper even while she was a child. Next up in chapter three George enters this sorry sordid story. :shock: :oops: I can see why Micky waited until both her sister and ex-brother-in-law died before publishing her memoir. I'll keep everyone posted as I make progress.
So this past few weeks was the first time you read this book? Did you know of Micky or anything about her beforehand?

Just curious.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:26 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:21 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:35 pm
Hi everyone, today I received an unexpected early Christmas gift from a friend who is aware of my Amityville interest: Micky Sexton's book (2016). Thus far, I've read the first two chapters, and boy or boy does it paint Kathy Lutz in a poor light (it also shows that the Connors Family was abusive and, frankly, dysfunctional). Kathy throws out nearly everything her husband "Seb" owns when they "break up" after nine years of marriage while he is away then Micky notes her sister has always had a very bad temper even while she was a child. Next up in chapter three George enters this sorry sordid story. :shock: :oops: I can see why Micky waited until both her sister and ex-brother-in-law died before publishing her memoir. I'll keep everyone posted as I make progress.
So this past few weeks was the first time you read this book? Did you know of Micky or anything about her beforehand?

Just curious.
Yes, that was the first time I read the book.

No, I never heard of Micky Sexton until her story was published in 2016.

I do find it most curious none of Kathy's family ever told their stories publically especially Jimmy and his bride Carrie. One would think George and Kathy would desperately want Jimmy, Carrie, Kathy's Mother, exact to corroborate aspects of their account (those the people in question either witnessed or heard directly from the Lutzes and Father Ray). According to Micky only she thought George was a warlock (until much later if ever) thus "exposure" couldn't have been the reason they never came forward, how odd... :think:
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:
Amityville Rock wrote:

No totally, the money was spent to authenticate the plate (meaning it hasn't been altered thus the image is genuine). It cost so much because Eastman-Kodak stopped making traditional camera materials (plates, film exact) c.2010 (due to everything going digital) and mothballed their old equipment as a result antique photography has become extremely expensive (including restoration work and authentification work on old photographs). I, however, could not prove the photograph came from the old house only that whatever/whoever the figure is he was really there when the photograph was taken he/it isn't a defect or alteration.
Okay, thanks for the explanation, sorry it had to be so expensive.

What’s your opinion, do you think it really came from the old house? (And would this mean the house that was there prior to the one currently there?)

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Post by Amityville Rock » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Brooke Forrester wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:30 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:49 pm
Brooke Forrester wrote:

Okay, thanks for the explanation, sorry it had to be so expensive.

What’s your opinion, do you think it really came from the old house? (And would this mean the house that was there prior to the one currently there?)
I honestly can't say. I did confirm the person I purchased it from was a relative of Catherine Moynahan (a niece who has since passed away). But the person did make me pay quite a large sum so there is motivation to claim it came from the old house even if it didn't (I would never have purchased it otherwise regardless of the mysterious figure). The photograph is anomalous but whether it was taken in the original Amityville House who knows. People have told me the room layout conforms to that of the living room of the house but I have no idea how they know this because I've never found blueprints of the old house much less during the era in question.

I think after the holidays I'll post a new hi res version now that the photograph has been restored. The restoration process cleaned up the "noise" an impressive amount.
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:53 pm

Interesting. I look forward to seeing the clearer image.

Anyway even no matter where it came from, I think it’s still an interesting antique to have. So I wouldn’t consider the money wasted.