Paul Bartz

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Post Reply
User avatar
msmart112
Amityville_Member
Posts: 1893

Paul Bartz

Post by msmart112 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:49 pm

In the second interview with Laura DiDio from this thread...

https://www.amityvillefaq.com/truthboar ... =1&t=12653

...she talks about Paul Bartz.

At the 24:20 mark...she says that no one knows where Paul Bartz is...and that she also heard a rumor that someone had once asked him about the "ghost boy" photo.

Sadly...Paul Bartz passed away in 2014.

Back in 2008...I found an article in this paper...

https://library.marist.edu/archives/the ... 85_2_7.pdf

...and it mentioned how on the night of the seance...Paul Bartz had gone into a second floor bedroom...

Image

...so I decided to track him down and ask him about it.

I sent him an email on August 26, 2008 asking him about the photo...and here is his reply...

I am the same Paul Bartz that took part in the séance in the Amityville home some 32 years ago. I am convinced that we experienced an extraordinarily cunning and evil presence in the house, and attempted to verify it with photography and other means. The image in the photo you mention does resemble me and I know that Ed (now deceased) and Lorraine went on record (including national tv) stating it was a ghost. Because I have great respect and admiration for them, I will say no more on the issue, allowing the legend of the most haunted house in America, to continue. Someday maybe someone will write a book on our experiences that night. It would make a good movie.

Regards,

Paul Bartz
President
Windwood Theatricals
Windwood Productions
Image

User avatar
Dan the Damned
Lost Soul
Posts: 11572

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Dan the Damned » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Crap. Didn't know he died. Would have been nice to have him give a clear 'yes' or 'no,' even though there is no question in my mind...

User avatar
Brendan72
Forest Giant
Posts: 2968
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Brendan72 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm

It's as close to an admission that we are going to get for several reasons.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 625

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 am

How old is this email now? People just reposting.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9619
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 am
How old is this email now? People just reposting.
Reposting because Laura DiDio bought it up in a new interview.

jecht
Amityville Member
Posts: 64
Location: Chesterland OH USA
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by jecht » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 pm

Brendan72 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm
It's as close to an admission that we are going to get for several reasons.
What are the reasons? I think he's saying a lot without saying much in the interview.
I also found it interesting one of the Duke researchers puked during the interview (not trying to be funny), Ed was told to never come back, and Mary Pasc. (an experienced parapsychologist) completely left the field of parapsychology.

I don't know for sure 100% if the haunting happened, but my personal belief is *SOMETHING* happened, enough to affect/alter the course of the lives of many.

For me, I don't have a personal connection to Amityville but there are times where I dream I am in the house and I am trapped--trying to escape. Or that it gets incredibly cold in one of the rooms. Same thing with the Smurl haunting--that one has affected me as well personally.
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 625

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am

Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

User avatar
sherbetbizarre
Administrator
Posts: 9619
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by sherbetbizarre » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
He only strongly hinted the Ghost Boy pic was really him, not that ghosts were not real. Also, it was just one Borley account he - for some reason - denied.

I don't think he would have stuck with the Warren's if they were, uh, just chasing ghosts...

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 660

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:30 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
He only strongly hinted the Ghost Boy pic was really him, not that ghosts were not real. Also, it was just one Borley account he - for some reason - denied.

I don't think he would have stuck with the Warren's if they were, uh, just chasing ghosts...
He would if he were a fraud.

Since we know that it was HE that was the "ghost-boy", think it's safe to say that he wasn't a man that could be trusted! Certainly not inside the paranormal world. But you bring up a good point here. What reason would Bartz have for staying with the Warren's, other than a bit of "notoriety"?

Of course, I'd toss him within the ranks of DiDio. You have to read between the lines of these clowns to piece together the truth. Much like msmart's email regarding Bartz. Same as Laura and the podcast that was recently put up. While not admitting that the whole thing was a hoax, (or it was him in the pic), they both do their best to try and deceive the masses in believing that the nonsense they promote or are part of, is indeed legit. At the same time they'll continually piss all over much of the claims to leave one with a question mark.

Ain't fooling me though.

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict
Posts: 676
Location: In love

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Brooke Forrester » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:51 pm

jecht wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 pm
Brendan72 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm
It's as close to an admission that we are going to get for several reasons.
What are the reasons? I think he's saying a lot without saying much in the interview.
I also found it interesting one of the Duke researchers puked during the interview (not trying to be funny), Ed was told to never come back, and Mary Pasc. (an experienced parapsychologist) completely left the field of parapsychology.

I don't know for sure 100% if the haunting happened, but my personal belief is *SOMETHING* happened, enough to affect/alter the course of the lives of many.

For me, I don't have a personal connection to Amityville but there are times where I dream I am in the house and I am trapped--trying to escape. Or that it gets incredibly cold in one of the rooms. Same thing with the Smurl haunting--that one has affected me as well personally.
Not saying whether it was a psychic presence or not but the vomiting and Pascarella not wanting to be in the field anymore, etc., could all have been the result of extreme anxiety. If they really feared the house, it could have created such anxiety they became physically ill.

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 625

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:07 am

What would you guys take as evidence in favour of the haunting then?

If someone sees an apparition I'm sure you'll blame extreme anxiety or other mental illnesses like schizophrenia.

I think your minds are made up but just because an event which could be explained by a hallucination, doesnt debunk that it happened. Thats just an opinion.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

SoBer
Amityville Member
Posts: 19

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by SoBer » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from

User avatar
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence
Posts: 704
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by devilbustedinct » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:41 pm

SoBer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am

Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from
Yikers! Good luck finding that, and if you do, I suggest ignoring that website ASAP if you are looking for “evidence,” which for the particular incident in question, simply does not exist.

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 355
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amityville Rock » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am

SoBer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from
Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

SoBer
Amityville Member
Posts: 19

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by SoBer » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:01 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:41 pm
SoBer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am

Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from
Yikers! Good luck finding that, and if you do, I suggest ignoring that website ASAP if you are looking for “evidence,” which for the particular incident in question, simply does not exist.
Ok, not necessarily evidence for you, but who wants to believe in all that horror and crap?

The house is still a legitimate property till this day and if that “ghost” boy was still goofing around, it would’ve been abandoned by now

SoBer
Amityville Member
Posts: 19

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by SoBer » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am
SoBer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am
Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:57 am
Did Bartz ever believe anything about ghosts or spirits? Literally every account I've heard of him that they weren't real. He also said the ghosts at Borley rectory in UK weren't real.
Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from
Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too

Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict
Posts: 355
Contact:

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amityville Rock » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm

SoBer wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am
SoBer wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:37 am


Bartz doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about. Even if he’s resting now, he still can’t explain why he would make up a hoax like that. The entire “amityville horror” doco was fake and planned.

I hear that Ed and Loraine and the new couple made it up over a cup of tea. Ps I’ll try my best to find the website where I found this evidence from
Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too
Why are you posting here if you know the story is a hoax? Why hate-post on a forum that is all but dead? Is your life so empty you have to come here and bother the few of us left?
Special Guest Star

est. 1999

Wallace
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Wallace » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm
SoBer wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am


Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too
Why are you posting here if you know the story is a hoax? Why hate-post on a forum that is all but dead? Is your life so empty you have to come here and bother the few of us left?
Well, in all fairness, SoBer seems at least consistent about his stance on the supernatural aspects of Amityville, unlike someone else that we know. I am not even going to mention his name.

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room
Posts: 625

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:58 am

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm
SoBer wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am


Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too
Why are you posting here if you know the story is a hoax? Why hate-post on a forum that is all but dead?
This.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

SoBer
Amityville Member
Posts: 19

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by SoBer » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm
SoBer wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:45 am


Pfft, shows what you know. It wasn't tea it was magical coffee made by George the warlock, just ask Micky (Kathy's sister). ;)
Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too
Why are you posting here if you know the story is a hoax? Why hate-post on a forum that is all but dead? Is your life so empty you have to come here and bother the few of us left?
Chill, I mean no disrespect when I say this: there’s no purpose of such myth to exist on this forum

The purpose of this forum is to let others know the truth and share opinions with one another. So that’s all I’m tying to do, instead of selling stories like Hollywood did on the murders

This is my respect to those that are already dead.

Wallace
Amityville Member
Posts: 37

Re: Paul Bartz

Post by Wallace » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:14 am

SoBer wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:41 pm
Amityville Rock wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:47 pm
SoBer wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:03 pm


Coffee, tea, whatever.
In the end, every little story they sell is nothing but BS. Ed and Lorraine were delusional too
Why are you posting here if you know the story is a hoax? Why hate-post on a forum that is all but dead? Is your life so empty you have to come here and bother the few of us left?
Chill, I mean no disrespect when I say this: there’s no purpose of such myth to exist on this forum

The purpose of this forum is to let others know the truth and share opinions with one another. So that’s all I’m tying to do, instead of selling stories like Hollywood did on the murders

This is my respect to those that are already dead.
I have always thought the Lutzs' claims and the murders were two separate things. Whether the AH was or not, really has no bearing on the Defeo murders.

Post Reply