SHOCK DOCS - Amityville Horror House

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

SHOCK DOCS - Amityville Horror House

Post by thebabylonguy » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Monday, October 26, 2020, the Travel Channel will air "Show Doc's The Amityville Horror house. An Anniversary Special.
!895 Films interviewed me once they found out Lee and I went to CW Post College, rode motorcycles, went to Bike Week in Laconia, N.H., was best man at their wedding and was in one of the last to visit the house to gather the kids medical/school records and some other valuables they left behind. Looking forward to viewing my part of the documentary and what message(s) are presented.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Re: The Travel Channel

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 am

Hi, Joe! Welcome...

Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Post by Matt9290 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:59 am

What were your impressions of the house thebabylonguy?
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

msmart112
Amityville_Member

Post by msmart112 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 pm

Welcome Joe!

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 pm

thebabylonguy wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:17 pm
Monday, October 26, 2020, the Travel Channel will air "Show Doc's The Amityville Horror house. An Anniversary Special.
!895 Films interviewed me once they found out Lee and I went to CW Post College, rode motorcycles, went to Bike Week in Laconia, N.H., was best man at their wedding and was in one of the last to visit the house to gather the kids medical/school records and some other valuables they left behind. Looking forward to viewing my part of the documentary and what message(s) are presented.
Hopefully your interview was able to lend some credibility to the haunting! There has always been little to none as to evidence in support of, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I see you were one of the (few/many) to go into the house to retrieve Lutz items (valuables) after they left/fled. I'm happy to see you were able to get in and out of the house without incident. I'm guessing you weren't the other dude with Benny when the "others" went to go get more stuff out of the house? You did state that you were one of the last to visit the house and retrieve valuables. Admittedly, (as I always knew), there were more friends that went to the home and removed items from the home, lets say, at least until June 1976.

Just simply stating that the "official narrative" never is actually the truth, certainly this applies to this full-on as with this case but if you do have anything you want to share here with the fans, we're all listening.

p.s. Never understood why Lee & family couldn't go back to the house and retrieve their own stuff themselves? Was it really that terrifying? Lee must have said something about the levitating they experienced in Joan's house to you right after they moved out? I mean, surely (with that happening) they could've went into the house during the day and got what they needed, probably nothing would've happened to them. And even if something did happen, take some witnesses and get some proof to try and substantiate the claims. Forgive my rant and questions, you knew Lee so you sound like a man that could provide some info here.

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:31 pm

100% the real deal.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

indigo_turquoise
Amityville Member

Post by indigo_turquoise » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Welcome! Super random question since you said you went to the house for school records: do you remember what school the kids went to? Did they go to private school, go to A-ville just for that month, or stay in Deer Park? School records that could verify they were indeed living and going to school in Amityville during the 28 days could be a major game-changer in the hoax vs haunting debate.

Wallace
Amityville Member

Post by Wallace » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:28 am

Did anyone actually see the show? Last night the only thing that was playing was a special that featured stories of Halloween.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:25 pm

Wallace wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:28 am
Did anyone actually see the show? Last night the only thing that was playing was a special that featured stories of Halloween.
Sounds like it's been postponed.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Same here. Some other show on Halloween aired.

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:08 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:47 am
Hi, Joe! Welcome...
Thank you. Been away for a while and back in time for Halloween.

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Wallace wrote:
Sorry, the show was scheduled for a later date on the TRVL Channel. As soon as I find out when I will post the info.

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:12 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:25 pm
Wallace wrote:
Sounds like it's been postponed.
Yes it has been postponed and I apologize for not posting an update.

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 pm
thebabylonguy wrote:
Hopefully your interview was able to lend some credibility to the haunting! There has always been little to none as to evidence in support of, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I see you were one of the (few/many) to go into the house to retrieve Lutz items (valuables) after they left/fled. I'm happy to see you were able to get in and out of the house without incident. I'm guessing you weren't the other dude with Benny when the "others" went to go get more stuff out of the house? You did state that you were one of the last to visit the house and retrieve valuables. Admittedly, (as I always knew), there were more friends that went to the home and removed items from the home, lets say, at least until June 1976.

Just simply stating that the "official narrative" never is actually the truth, certainly this applies to this full-on as with this case but if you do have anything you want to share here with the fans, we're all listening.

p.s. Never understood why Lee & family couldn't go back to the house and retrieve their own stuff themselves? Was it really that terrifying? Lee must have said something about the levitating they experienced in Joan's house to you right after they moved out? I mean, surely (with that happening) they could've went into the house during the day and got what they needed, probably nothing would've happened to them. And even if something did happen, take some witnesses and get some proof to try and substantiate the claims. Forgive my rant and questions, you knew Lee so you sound like a man that could provide some info here.
I was a close friend of Lee's from when we first met at C. W. Post in Brookville. It started when he found out I had a Harley and rode with guys on certain days and invited him to join us. The one thing he told everyone he met was to call him "Lee" not like the book or those movies. I was best man at their wedding and was among the first to hear about what was happening in the house. As I said I was among the final few who were asked by Lee to enter the house to retrieve personal belongings before the auction crew was to start their inventory or what ever they do. We were instructed to not enter the house if it was a cloudy day, as a matter of fact, one of the guys that always rode with us from Nassau County did not show that day because he said it was cloudy in his area, so he stayed home. We were also instructed to get their personal stuff and not to eat or drink anything. This fell on deaf ears as we drank some of their beer and somebody found something similar to a birthday cake. We had a few laughs at Lee's expense and left the house, never to return.
The house, by the way, was a beautiful house and appeared "normal" in every way. My ex and I visited, we boated in Lee's boat and of course he rode with us when he could on Tuesday nights to Nathan's in long Beach and made the trek to Bike Week in Laconia, NH. We heard about the levitation but never witnessed it or the flies in the upstairs window, on and on. I just gave you an overview so if you have specifics fire away and I will do my best to answer them next time I visit this site.

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 pm

indigo_turquoise wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 pm
Welcome! Super random question since you said you went to the house for school records: do you remember what school the kids went to? Did they go to private school, go to A-ville just for that month, or stay in Deer Park? School records that could verify they were indeed living and going to school in Amityville during the 28 days could be a major game-changer in the hoax vs haunting debate.
That is one thing I cannot talk to as most of my time was spent with Lee. The kids usually went off to play with ours so there was nothing but "small talk".

thebabylonguy
Amityville Member

Post by thebabylonguy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:42 pm

I again apologize to all who searched for the "Shock Doc: Amityville Horror House" and could not find it. I was disappointed too and anxiously await the airing. I am anxious only because it will be of interest to me what parts of the interview they included and what pictures from those days that they used. Stay tuned.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:34 pm

thebabylonguy wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
thebabylonguy wrote:

I was a close friend of Lee's from when we first met at C. W. Post in Brookville. It started when he found out I had a Harley and rode with guys on certain days and invited him to join us. The one thing he told everyone he met was to call him "Lee" not like the book or those movies. I was best man at their wedding and was among the first to hear about what was happening in the house. As I said I was among the final few who were asked by Lee to enter the house to retrieve personal belongings before the auction crew was to start their inventory or what ever they do. We were instructed to not enter the house if it was a cloudy day, as a matter of fact, one of the guys that always rode with us from Nassau County did not show that day because he said it was cloudy in his area, so he stayed home. We were also instructed to get their personal stuff and not to eat or drink anything. This fell on deaf ears as we drank some of their beer and somebody found something similar to a birthday cake. We had a few laughs at Lee's expense and left the house, never to return.
The house, by the way, was a beautiful house and appeared "normal" in every way. My ex and I visited, we boated in Lee's boat and of course he rode with us when he could on Tuesday nights to Nathan's in long Beach and made the trek to Bike Week in Laconia, NH. We heard about the levitation but never witnessed it or the flies in the upstairs window, on and on. I just gave you an overview so if you have specifics fire away and I will do my best to answer them next time I visit this site.
Hey, thanks for the response! I enjoyed reading/learning of your experiences during your visit inside the home. Particularly the beer and cake consuming along with having a few laughs while there. Sounds like you had an enjoyable experience while removing the items. Lorraine Warren had a "helluva" time while first going inside the house and her time inside the house was exactly that, so I was just wondering what someone else had experienced (around that time) when you visited.

And if I think of any questions, I'll hit you up. But your answers here have given me enough for now. Thanks!

jecht
Amityville Member

Post by jecht » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:27 pm

thebabylonguy wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm
jimmysmokes wrote:
thebabylonguy wrote:

Thank you for posting! I have a quick question: Why did Lee tell everyone not to eat/drink the food?

Another question: Why did Lee say not to go into the house on a cloudy day? Interesting that the other rider did not come due to it being cloudy.
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:40 pm

This show - Amityville Horror House - is now going to stream from January on new service Discovery+

https://www.discoveryplus.co.uk/show/am ... rror-house

Amit Y Ville
Streaming on Twitch from the red room

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:04 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:40 pm
This show - Amityville Horror House - is now going to stream from January on new service Discovery+

Thats great I heard theres new evidence so gonna be worth watching for sure.
Amityville fan since 1995, believer of the case, often imitated but never replicated

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:04 pm
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:40 pm

Thats great I heard theres new evidence so gonna be worth watching for sure.
Lol, :lol: what new evidence? There hasn't been any evidence on here or anywhere ever to support a haunting!

New evidence? Perhaps you can provide us with the "old" evidence". Mr. Amityville fan since 1996!

Ridiculous