Question about the Residents of 108 Ocean Avenue

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Alaskahaunting
**New Account**

Question about the Residents of 108 Ocean Avenue

Post by Alaskahaunting » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:54 pm

I believe that 108 is haunted. I believe that the Lutz family did experience paranormal activity, but the movie producers added material to sensationalize the story. I know what I am asking has been mentioned on the board before, but I am new here, so please fill me in. I find it hard to believe that the Cromartys, O'Neils, Dantonia (?), and Brian Wilson have reported no paranormal activity while living in the house. I also read somewhere that the Cromartys and the other families that have lived in the house afterwards have been involved in the occult or satanism. Any truth behind this?

Dan the Damned
Lost Soul

Re: Question about the Residents of 108 Ocean Avenue

Post by Dan the Damned » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

I honestly doubt any of the families have been into satanism. I bet that's just wild rumors. There are a lot of wild rumors surrounding this subject.

If the house was still haunted, I would think we would have heard something from one of the subsequent owners by now.

My guess is that they just eventually got fed up with people trespassing on their property and peering in through the windows and the letterbox. I know I would.

It is kinda weird, though. The original owners lived there from 1924 to 1960. But after that, no subsequent owner has lived there for a substantial amount of time. Most of them seem to move out somewhere around the 10-year mark, on average.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Is 108 Ocean haunted? Who knows. Either it is definitely not, which is why there has been decades of silence on that matter. Unlikely. Or it is, but no one is talking for various reasons, ranging from mundane to mysterious. More likely.

All we have is our own beliefs.

I believe 108 is haunted (haunted meaning something unusual and off), but most hauntings are on a spectrum. They don't always happen all the time, or even most of the time. They are nearly impossible to capture, and if you do, people call you a fraud. If you don't, people say you are a liar. Can't win.

The former owner of my own house died in the kitchen. We hear strange noises every few nights. Knocking sounds, popping sounds, weird odors. But, at this point, we are used to it. We can't figure out the source and it isn't harming us, plus the rental market is tight, so there is no point fleeing. I doubt we could secure a book deal unless we exaggerated everything. My guess is that the current occupants of 108 are a lot like us. They sense things, they hear things, but instead of freaking out, they deal with it and write it off, because the have jobs and soccer practices and meals to plan. Modern times and real estate markets call for blasé attitudes about things that go bump in the night.

The only thing I find curious is how each occupant after the Lutzes have remained so mum. Super weird. Even the strongest skeptics I know talk a little about weird stuff about their homes. You would think they would at least write an op-ed, stating that they have never had a fly problem, but they do have weird dreams. Or something. But instead we get nothing, which is bizarre.

vomit
Amityville Addict

Post by vomit » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Dan the Damned wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

It is kinda weird, though. The original owners lived there from 1924 to 1960. But after that, no subsequent owner has lived there for a substantial amount of time. Most of them seem to move out somewhere around the 10-year mark, on average.
I think why no owners subsequent to the Lutz not living there more than 10 years is because of all the people bothering them. Who would want that? Even if the town bought the house, and tore it down you'd still have rubberneckers flocking there....
"In the Spring, we'd make meat helmets."
Dr. Evil

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:04 am

vomit wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:28 pm
Dan the Damned wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

I think why no owners subsequent to the Lutz not living there more than 10 years is because of all the people bothering them. Who would want that? Even if the town bought the house, and tore it down you'd still have rubberneckers flocking there....
I personally would love living there. I would 't go as far as say to make tours of the house at first, but I'd love to chat to some of the passers by. If it didn't work out in my existing career I'd probably offer nights to stay in the third room bedroom, and maybe do some ghost tours or something like that to make some money.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

quotestheraven
Amityville Addict

Post by quotestheraven » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:22 pm

The world has changed since the house was built. The average length of time anyone stays in any house is 8-10 years. Back in the 1920s people bought a house and then stayed in it pretty much for the rest of their lives. It's just not like that anymore.
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/ravensez/Page-1.jpg[/img]