Margot Kidder dead

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Margot Kidder dead

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon May 14, 2018 10:21 am

Kidder, first woman of Amityville died at age 69.

Coincidence? She made fun of the real haunting on some DVD extras I do believe. Discuss.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Re: Margot Kidder dead

Post by Victoria Principles » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

RIP,

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon May 14, 2018 11:56 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Kidder, first woman of Amityville died at age 69.

Coincidence? She made fun of the real haunting on some DVD extras I do believe. Discuss.
Sad. She'll be missed.

I remember reading that she didn't believe in the haunting and was skeptical re: George Lutz's claims.

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 am

RIP. She was so gorgeous in TAH.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Tue May 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Because it's incredibly suspicious for someone to die at 69 years old right...

Are you legit suggesting she died because of some comments she once made?

Anyways... very sad news. I liked her as an actress quite a lot.

KevinW
Amityville Maniac

Post by KevinW » Tue May 15, 2018 4:59 pm

While I always enjoyed everything I'd seen her in, these would probably be my three favorite roles of hers in order of when they were released.

She will be missed. :-(

Kevin
All football is is a bunch of over-pumped jocks on steroids who say they're straight while they smack each other's behinds and chase each other around on a field so they can tackle another guy to play with that guy's ball.

112 elm street
Amityville Member

Post by 112 elm street » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

When I think of Kathy Lutz in my head its Margot Kidder I see. Rip :cry:

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat May 19, 2018 7:07 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:

Its a bit young to die to be fair. I'd be interested to know what the cause of death was. Her voice was quite hoarse so possibly lung related.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm

I told you!! :(

I told you there was something wrong with her dying!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eveal.html

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Bodie_Rose wrote:

Its a bit young to die to be fair. I'd be interested to know what the cause of death was. Her voice was quite hoarse so possibly lung related.
Toxicology report isn't due out for another few weeks, unfortunately. For now, only speculation.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed May 23, 2018 2:39 pm

underthegarden wrote:
Toxicology report isn't due out for another few weeks, unfortunately. For now, only speculation.
Did you completely ignore the rest of the article then?

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Thu May 24, 2018 9:50 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
underthegarden wrote:
Did you completely ignore the rest of the article then?
I considered everything in the article - lots of theories. Perhaps there were meth addicts in the basement (this seems bizarre), which means there might have been harmful chemicals in her home. Toxic chemicals. She drank a lot, according to a friend, so kidney failure might have been a cause. She was also 69, which puts her at higher risk for stroke or heart attack. There are other possibilities - mixing of drugs (even prescription), unknown conditions (such as hyperthyroidism, cancer).

Source isn't the most trustworthy (Mirror is considered a tabloid and biased - see http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/facebook- ... ed-survey/). So yes, makes sense to wait for official report.

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Post by jimmysmokes » Thu May 24, 2018 1:08 pm

No, it makes more sense to blame her death on the demonic forces at 112 (108) Ocean Ave! Since all the occupants that have lived there since have been put under a gag order, we'll have to make do with Margot K. dying.

I honestly don't know how those families live there and make it out ok but Amit Y Ville makes a very good point. Kidder did "kid" around about the house not being haunted! That probably sealed her fate? I just hope the demons weren't there the day I was standing in the driveway of the house! I don't want those entities following me and doing me any harm.

Just to play it safe, I went down to the local catholic bookstore and got a miraculous medal to wear. demon b gone
FIRE THAT THING UP!

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Fri May 25, 2018 4:15 am

jimmysmokes makes a good Point. Perhaps it was the Amityville Curse that some claim followed the actors and filmmakers of the original film. I doubt the extreme drug addict theory. Who knows, maybe she faked her death...
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri May 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Ayko wrote:jimmysmokes makes a good Point. Perhaps it was the Amityville Curse that some claim followed the actors and filmmakers of the original film. I doubt the extreme drug addict theory. Who knows, maybe she faked her death...
Doubt she faked her death but this death seemed too crazy to be normal. Especially the meth heads!

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Sat May 26, 2018 2:47 am

Come to think of it, I can remember Margot Kidder (and James Brolin) having problems finding acting roles after TAH until Superman (saved Lois Lane) of 1979 although The Amityville Horror is now recorded as having also been released in 1979. I saw both in the theatre as a kid and remember seeing TAH at a younger age, and also not two years after Star Wars (1977). It must be that 'Nelson mandella effect' aka TDG (time displacement glitch) as it was called in a Buffy, the Vampire Slayer script that didn't or hasn't made it to the screen. ;) Anybody else recall it different?!
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm

No you didn't. You implied her death had something to do with her once being in an Amityville movie, and may once have said she doubted the story.

Very sadly, this kind of (possibly) drug/booze related kind of death is hardly unusual amongst "celebrities" is it?

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:06 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:

No you didn't. You implied her death had something to do with her once being in an Amityville movie, and may once have said she doubted the story.

Very sadly, this kind of (possibly) drug/booze related kind of death is hardly unusual amongst "celebrities" is it?
No. If you think meth heads in her kitchen isn't a sign that something seriously wrong thats not my issue. I've literally never heard that happening to anyone, especially a 69 year old woman.

Demons and curses DO exist, and weird happenings DID happen on TAH set. I don't think this is a coincidence. But everybody's entitled to their own opinion.

Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Post by Bodie_Rose » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:06 pm
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 5:22 pm
Amit Y Ville wrote:

No. If you think meth heads in her kitchen isn't a sign that something seriously wrong thats not my issue. I've literally never heard that happening to anyone, especially a 69 year old woman.

Demons and curses DO exist, and weird happenings DID happen on TAH set. I don't think this is a coincidence. But everybody's entitled to their own opinion.
You're entitled to an opinion but it's an uninformed and silly one.

Seriously you think a demonic curse waited almost FORTY years to screw up an actresses life? For what reason?

Meth heads are not uncommon, believe it or not. Neither is it uncommon for anyone at any age to end up involved in drug and drink related circumstances.

There a various explanations for what happened to the poor woman, a lot more plausible then your mythical demons.

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:08 am

Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Seriously you think a demonic curse waited almost FORTY years to screw up an actresses life? For what reason?

Meth heads are not uncommon, believe it or not. Neither is it uncommon for anyone at any age to end up involved in drug and drink related circumstances.

There a various explanations for what happened to the poor woman, a lot more plausible then your mythical demons.
We have no way of knowing for sure what happened in her last hours or what her lifestyle was. I am very reluctant to take what is said in the media as gospel, even when quoting people who either knew (or claimed to have known) her.

I understand the toxicology report has not come out yet.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 am

Brendan72 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:08 am
Bodie_Rose wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:38 pm

We have no way of knowing for sure what happened in her last hours or what her lifestyle was. I am very reluctant to take what is said in the media as gospel, even when quoting people who either knew (or claimed to have known) her.

I understand the toxicology report has not come out yet.
Exactly man