Any news on the new occupants?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Amit Y Ville wrote:
Matt9290 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Why derail the thread? The OP wanted a topic about the new owners.
The new people don't want to talk about it - it's a none-subject? Creating a topic about someone who lives in a house and just wants to get on with it, it seems like stalking to me - the thread needed derailed.

And the reason so many people leave this forum - even I took around five years away, is because of the attitude of people like OntarioGuy1988, who don't want a discussion, just a reason to bitch and have personal attacks on other members. Maybe they should just try developing a sense of humor :naughty:
Actually, myself and Ontario were having a good discussion until you got here. Would you please stop derailing the thread? The only people I see being rude and attacking is you. Plus I actually LIKE the movie Funny Man in your avatar. I'm asking nicely here.
Not much to be said really - they have no comment, so keep going with your pointless discussion - And that's me being nice!
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

kathyM
Princess

Post by kathyM » Sun May 06, 2018 6:26 am

OntarioGuy is so right on. :clap:

I miss the gang. :(

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

I too am curious about the new occupants, but it seems like they just want privacy. I'm almost certain someone has tried to reach out to them, whether it be a news team or paranormal researchers who've dug through the appropriate records....but clearly they have denied any/all requests.

That being said, I do wish they would agree to a one-time "ask me anything" thread here, similar to the AMA threads on Reddit. Maybe they could agree to anonymously respond to 10 questions we posit (perhaps they could post via board administrators who know their identities). They could chose which 10 questions.

I have more than 10 questions, but I'd really like to know if they have experienced anything unusual while living there, if they grew up with an interest in the history and stories about the house (as most of us did), if their children know (likely not, since they are young), what they might change about the house in terms of design, what they like most about the house, if they get questions from coworkers and relatives, etc.

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Mon May 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Matt9290 wrote:If during your research you have found anything that can shine a light on this - I would genuinely love to hear it!
SAME. Always interested in research, even if names/identities need to be masked. I don't live anywhere near Amityville, but would love to visit the city's library and archives, and try to interview neighbors and long time residents. I'd love to read anything you've collected. There is a lot of speculation about the house, as well as information from questionable sources (collected decades ago).

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:53 am

I have reason to believe that paranormal activity is still going on there- perhaps even more now than in previous years. I've come across a lot of photos taken in the past 2 years where the same entities keep showing up

What I do know is there are 2 demons and 2 human spirits there- this was told to me by two different psychics who have 0 connection to each other. One of the psychics who has since passed away did remote viewings of the house and seemed to get strange vibes about Wilson. The demons keep the 2 spirits trapped there for horror purposes

The human spirits there are not DeFeos- they predate the deFeos- however the DeFeos may show up from time to time

The demons seem to show up in quite a few photos- even if you go on instagram and see photos posted by visitors to Ocean Ave- they sometimes make appearances

Is the new family experiencing anything? Probably. They're probably at the stage where they are and chalking it up to coincidence. It worries me if children are involved- I also believe one of the entities has been appearing as Jodie again as of recent

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:I have reason to believe that paranormal activity is still going on there- perhaps even more now than in previous years. I've come across a lot of photos taken in the past 2 years where the same entities keep showing up

What I do know is there are 2 demons and 2 human spirits there- this was told to me by two different psychics who have 0 connection to each other. One of the psychics who has since passed away did remote viewings of the house and seemed to get strange vibes about Wilson. The demons keep the 2 spirits trapped there for horror purposes

The human spirits there are not DeFeos- they predate the deFeos- however the DeFeos may show up from time to time

The demons seem to show up in quite a few photos- even if you go on instagram and see photos posted by visitors to Ocean Ave- they sometimes make appearances

Is the new family experiencing anything? Probably. They're probably at the stage where they are and chalking it up to coincidence. It worries me if children are involved- I also believe one of the entities has been appearing as Jodie again as of recent
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I am skeptical about most things paranormal (nearly everything has a scientific based explanation), but the Amityville house has always given me the strangest vibes. Even now, even far away, even without any real evidence (and no detailed owner observations since the Lutz left decades ago). I do feel like something is off, and has always been off, but without a proper investigation, it is hard to say what. My sense has always been the house has some sort of connection to a different world/physical plane (at least on occasion), but interpretation of which world is based on one's personal belief set. So, Catholics might interpret as demonic entity, Wiccans to a spirit or natural world, scientists to a physics anomaly, paranormal researchers interested in metaphysics might see it as break to an overlapping reality. But perhaps they can all agree that something is unusual and/or unique. Or...maybe an investigation or two would reveal it is ordinary and the mystique is based on years of story telling and a human desire to have a safe scare from time to time.

Again though, without an unbiased investigation or two, who knows. The weirdest thing about the house is the fact no investigations have happened since the 1970s. Or at least no revealed investigations. I understand privacy is a big concern, but still, would be interesting to know if any resident had at least tried to check EMF readings or temperature variations. At the very least! It isn't that I don't believe psychics, it is just that they have a narrative that only reveals part of the puzzle. I am glad they were willing to share what they saw.

You gotta think that some amateur ghost hunter neighbor has casually walked by the house with an EVP app running. But I haven't ever seen any casual evidence collection results either, which is also weird. Am I the only one who thinks the lack of any investigation for decades is the weirdest thing about this property? Brings out my inner conspiracy theorist.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:52 am

Thank you, Underthegarden, I agree with what you are saying

I am hoping to focus the next phase with talking to Amityville locales. I have to some extent before, but it seems to me people are almost keeping a secret there. I believe the neighbours are aware what goes on- a girl I talked to who grew up down the block said all the neighbourhood kids has strange vibes and avoided the place growing up. She also said there was an incident with a repairman where he left and refused to ever go backl to the house

I need to talk to more people who live there and have lived there for decades to find out more- slowly the onion unravels layer by layer.

I will say this to your point about residents conducting investigations- I believe every resident there has experienced paranormal activity to some extent (some being more open/receptive/psychic- whatever you want to call it)

What I found very weird was how the D'Antonios suddenly moved out of the house after a few months into a condo. The house sat empty for about a year until this new family bought it

Why did they do that? The mortgage/property taxes are insane, it's not a house anyone would buy then flee. Plus Mr D'antonio's health was failing- it doesn't make sense someone who is about to die would abandon a private home for a condo with people, noise, lots of steps, etc

My theory- something happened early on to spook them and they got the hell out.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Sat May 12, 2018 1:49 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:What I found very weird was how the D'Antonios suddenly moved out of the house after a few months into a condo. The house sat empty for about a year until this new family bought it

Why did they do that? The mortgage/property taxes are insane, it's not a house anyone would buy then flee. Plus Mr D'antonio's health was failing- it doesn't make sense someone who is about to die would abandon a private home for a condo with people, noise, lots of steps, etc

I don't think it's weird for an older couple to move out of and sell such a big house when one of them falls ill. Mrs. D'Antonio didn't seem worried about the money situation when she decided to have a crazy vetting process for who can be allowed to see the house and make an offer. She took a loss by not putting the house on the free market.

One thing I wonder about, if you believe what psychics claim, why not accept Sherb's theory that the house had been cleared by the psychics during the 1976 investigation?

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:20 pm

The investigation they did in 76 didn't do much to cleanse the house- they were more there to observe. You'd need a full out exorcism, especially if demons involved. There was never any exorcism done on the house

Photos, remote viewings, locals I've spoken to- all give the impression activity is still ongoing there, so I wouldn't think the '76 investigation put a stop to it.

Mary Pascarella Downey, one of the psychics there, attempted to free one of the trapped human spirits, the crying dark haired girl, by telling her to go toward the light. This was that investigation in 76. I don't think it worked, the girl is still there- she popped up in a photo intruders on the property took when they were aiming their camera into the kitchen windows.

The demons keep her trapped there- the other human spirit there is a kindly old woman, may have been the first owner of the house- she is there to watch over the girl, who is being convinced by the demons to stay there- she acts as a buffer between the girl and the demons. This is from two seperate psychics with no connection to eachother, whom I talked to who did remote viewings and told me the same thing

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Sat May 12, 2018 6:37 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:The investigation they did in 76 didn't do much to cleanse the house- they were more there to observe. You'd need a full out exorcism, especially if demons involved. There was never any exorcism done on the house

Photos, remote viewings, locals I've spoken to- all give the impression activity is still ongoing there, so I wouldn't think the '76 investigation put a stop to it.

Mary Pascarella Downey, one of the psychics there, attempted to free one of the trapped human spirits, the crying dark haired girl, by telling her to go toward the light. This was that investigation in 76.
I get the impression there are some locals who speak off the record about strange things regarding the house, but will if going public be ostracised by certain elements within the town for doing so. On the other end of the spectrum the aforementioned elements are promoting an official narrative that it was all a hoax, regardless of individual personal views.

Mary Downey also mentioned a teenage boy who was crying because according to her he had done something wrong. It was never elaborated what that thing was or most likely she never got specifics but rather an impression. More importantly is who the boy actually was - whether it was Butch in a younger form (or a past element of Butch that had died before turning to drugs - or influenced by darker elements).
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat May 12, 2018 7:17 pm

YES that is right Brendan! I almost forgot about that one

Didn't she get that vision of the crying boy on one of the steps in the main hallway staircase? There was stories about one of those steps on the staircase always having a cold draft/bad energy associated with it. Didn't Mary say it was on that step that the young man made the decision to do something terrible? (Ie shoot his family)

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Sat May 12, 2018 8:57 pm

DC Fan wrote:
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:What I found very weird was how the D'Antonios suddenly moved out of the house after a few months into a condo. The house sat empty for about a year until this new family bought it

I don't think it's weird for an older couple to move out of and sell such a big house when one of them falls ill. Mrs. D'Antonio didn't seem worried about the money situation when she decided to have a crazy vetting process for who can be allowed to see the house and make an offer. She took a loss by not putting the house on the free market.

One thing I wonder about, if you believe what psychics claim, why not accept Sherb's theory that the house had been cleared by the psychics during the 1976 investigation?
My parents are older-73 and 80- and they require easy access to their home. Single story, entrance through garage, no harsh climate or constant upkeep. I can see why the D'antonios moved out, makes sense. They wanted an easier home to live out their final years. What I don't understand is why they moved in, knowing that they would likely not be there a long time. When I am over 70, I am sure I will want minimal fuss. Small house/low-key/quiet, not some high profile multistory home with tourists driving by. On the same note, I don't how the house might appeal to a privacy-seeking single man (Brian Wilson) or middle income family with young kids, since real estate sites note it is in a not great school district.

I appreciate your information gathering efforts. Seems frustrating, but it is important to note both information found and info you couldn't find. What are the dead ends? Who might be good,credible sources? Who seems useful but really isn't? Who has been inside? Who is a skeptic? What are the common responses?

I know this mystery isn't easy, but it is worth exploring. Past leads are dead (literally and figuratively), so new leads are all that we have. Sigh. Again, thanks for respectfully peeling the onion here!

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:25 am

underthegarden wrote:
My parents are older-73 and 80- and they require easy access to their home. Single story, entrance through garage, no harsh climate or constant upkeep. I can see why the D'antonios moved out, makes sense. They wanted an easier home to live out their final years. What I don't understand is why they moved in, knowing that they would likely not be there a long time. When I am over 70, I am sure I will want minimal fuss. Small house/low-key/quiet, not some high profile multistory home with tourists driving by. On the same note, I don't how the house might appeal to a privacy-seeking single man (Brian Wilson) or middle income family with young kids, since real estate sites note it is in a not great school district.
I have to agree with that as people get older they tend to downsize their homes to single storey homes with easy access. The bigger, multi-storied homes tend to get too much to maintain.
OntarioGuy1988 wrote: Didn't she get that vision of the crying boy on one of the steps in the main hallway staircase? There was stories about one of those steps on the staircase always having a cold draft/bad energy associated with it. Didn't Mary say it was on that step that the young man made the decision to do something terrible? (Ie shoot his family)
I cannot remember where Mary said she saw the boy. I do remember that she did not venture up to the third floor. I also remember Lorraine Warren saying something similar about not going up there.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:57 am

Again- you are correct

Lorraine said she encountered the spirit of Ronald DeFeo on the third floor and he was "so sinister she thought he'd never move on" or something to that avail

Unfortunately, many skeptic websites calling the Warren's frauds took that and ended up mixing it up when they said "Lorraine encountered the ghost of Butch DeFeo- how does that happen when he's still alive- LOL"- when obviously she was talking about Ronald DeFeo sr and not Butch... (idiots)

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:13 am

The psychics who did remote viewings I spoke to told me the DeFeos crossed over pretty early on- although they were likely there in the beginning- confused, scared, angry, not accepting of what happened to them. I believe the Lutzes also experienced them / the residual negative energy from the murders, coupled with the demonic activity

I do not believe the DeFeos actively haunt the house now- as I said earlier in this thread, there are allegedly 2 human spirits there who predate the DeFeos

But I do believe they may show up from time to time, like on anniversaries of important dates

I have a photo of the front of the house and in the windows you can clearly and distinctly see different entities- and I clearly saw the faces of Ronald Sr, Dawn, and little John.

I am actually planning to start an instagram/facebook page to publish all of the recent photos of the house I have collected that show paranormal activity. I have over a dozen photos that are recent (no more than 3-4 years old) and you will not believe some of the things I have seen. When you see those photos, that will put any doubts whether the house is still haunted to rest. I should have the page up in June when I have more time on my hands (right now working 14 hour days doing financing for private equity deals. Hope to start my summer vacation soon)

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Tue May 15, 2018 10:06 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:The psychics who did remote viewings I spoke to told me the DeFeos crossed over pretty early on- although they were likely there in the beginning- confused, scared, angry, not accepting of what happened to them. I believe the Lutzes also experienced them / the residual negative energy from the murders, coupled with the demonic activity

I do not believe the DeFeos actively haunt the house now- as I said earlier in this thread, there are allegedly 2 human spirits there who predate the DeFeos

But I do believe they may show up from time to time, like on anniversaries of important dates

I have a photo of the front of the house and in the windows you can clearly and distinctly see different entities- and I clearly saw the faces of Ronald Sr, Dawn, and little John.

I am actually planning to start an instagram/facebook page to publish all of the recent photos of the house I have collected that show paranormal activity. I have over a dozen photos that are recent (no more than 3-4 years old) and you will not believe some of the things I have seen. When you see those photos, that will put any doubts whether the house is still haunted to rest. I should have the page up in June when I have more time on my hands (right now working 14 hour days doing financing for private equity deals. Hope to start my summer vacation soon)
Looking forward to this. 99% of faces seen in photos are pareidolia, but 1% are genuininely perplexing/more than they seem. Seems like you have cultivated a collection of the 1%, which is exciting.

I am not a fan of the Warrens, they always seemed too over the top and obsessed with Catholic interpretation of demons. That being said, they did open doors for others in the field of paranormal research, and they brought attention to oddities worth noticing. I wish they had a more scientific and less religious based approach, but it was a different time. I do think Lorraine was afraid of the property, and I can understand why. If you are the least bit psychic or empathic, you can feel the pain and terror that still remains there. I am certainly not Catholic and don't believe in demons, but I have experience empty and dark. If you are receptive, you feel it even in modern photos of the house, even with tourists joking around in the foreground.

DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Post by DC Fan » Wed May 16, 2018 10:09 pm

underthegarden wrote:My parents are older-73 and 80- and they require easy access to their home. Single story, entrance through garage, no harsh climate or constant upkeep. I can see why the D'antonios moved out, makes sense. They wanted an easier home to live out their final years. What I don't understand is why they moved in, knowing that they would likely not be there a long time. When I am over 70, I am sure I will want minimal fuss. Small house/low-key/quiet, not some high profile multistory home with tourists driving by. On the same note, I don't how the house might appeal to a privacy-seeking single man (Brian Wilson) or middle income family with young kids, since real estate sites note it is in a not great school district.
I suspect that it is a case of wealthier people wanting a big house to serve as a status symbol. I still think it is the kind of house for a family but real estate agents won't explain this the way the great Jerry Blake does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSjOijVKoRg

underthegarden
Amityville Addict

Post by underthegarden » Thu May 17, 2018 10:05 pm

DC Fan wrote:
underthegarden wrote:My parents are older-73 and 80- and they require easy access to their home. Single story, entrance through garage, no harsh climate or constant upkeep. I can see why the D'antonios moved out, makes sense. They wanted an easier home to live out their final years. What I don't understand is why they moved in, knowing that they would likely not be there a long time. When I am over 70, I am sure I will want minimal fuss. Small house/low-key/quiet, not some high profile multistory home with tourists driving by. On the same note, I don't how the house might appeal to a privacy-seeking single man (Brian Wilson) or middle income family with young kids, since real estate sites note it is in a not great school district.
I suspect that it is a case of wealthier people wanting a big house to serve as a status symbol. I still think it is the kind of house for a family but real estate agents won't explain this the way the great Jerry Blake does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSjOijVKoRg
Hahaha, home sweet home. Great clip. Definitely how I imagine the house pitch to prospective buyers.

Seriously, though, I don't get why anyone without an interest in the paranormal or macabre would buy the house. It is a nice house, sure, but there are nicer homes on larger lots in better school districts (if you have young kids and aren't super wealthy, public school districts are somewhat important). I have a family and can't imagine actually buying the house, or even renting it. It is a tough sell for anyone who likes low key/wants any level of privacy. It might be a great place for kids if it wasn't, you know, an actual murder house featured in a horror movie and countless sequels/remakes.

I don't know. The answers are out there, and maybe it'll all make sense one day. Until then, glad some people like OntarioGuy are asking questions. At some point, someone will talk.

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat May 19, 2018 1:20 am

That reminds me of a discussion I was having with an Amityville enthusiast and she said that you would have to be a 'dark' person to buy that house knowing full well its history. I and most people would not move into a home where brutal murders occurred. I think every creak and bump in the night would drive me insane

The lady I spoke to who did remote viewings of the house and described to me in detail what went on- said she believe Wilson bought the house because of its sinister history. She saw him in the basement trying to channel/conjure the demons in a ritual. She believed there was satanic/occult writing done up for the ritual on one of the walls in the basement, which he carefully concealed before moving out, so no one would find it. She believes by doing this, he opened a portal for these entities to enter freely, uninterrupted.

This may very well explain why in just the past several years I have come across a staggering amount of photos showing these entities- they keep popping up in many forms- the demons seem busy there.... which may also support my theory the haunting has gotten worse in recent years.

I find it odd a single man would live in that very large house all by himself (his kids were away at college and stayed in the house in summer, and Wilson's wife left him early on after moving into the house. Apparently she ran into a connection of mine at the local supermarket and said "I will not spend another night in that house" or something to that avail....

Brooke Forrester
Amityville Addict

Post by Brooke Forrester » Sat May 19, 2018 9:54 am

I would buy the house and I don’t consider myself a “dark” person. I like the size, style and location and maybe I like to take what is considered bad and turn it nice. I think it’s like, why blame the house for a man’s actions?

Also, the murders were a long time ago and the house looks different.

If everyone who would buy the house is interested in it for occult reasons, does that mean the Lutzes did too?

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat May 19, 2018 11:24 am

Brooke Forrester wrote:I would buy the house and I don’t consider myself a “dark” person. I like the size, style and location and maybe I like to take what is considered bad and turn it nice. I think it’s like, why blame the house for a man’s actions?

Also, the murders were a long time ago and the house looks different.

If everyone who would buy the house is interested in it for occult reasons, does that mean the Lutzes did too?
If you remember me, i was 100% serious about us as a community buying the house. I had the funds. But now i bought a house in UK for the same price which is nowhere near as infamous. Guys we did have that opportunity to make it work and prove the supernatural existed, if it really does. At least we would have made money.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."