Any news on the new occupants?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:10 am

Been a while since I've heard any updates about the new people (a family with kids I think?) Who are living there.

Any locals have any news? Are they still there?

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:48 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Been a while since I've heard any updates about the new people (a family with kids I think?) Who are living there.

Any locals have any news? Are they still there?
Yeah that would be cool. We should invite them to post here too. Maybe someone could confirm what its like in the real house today. Maybe even try to perform a seance to get in contact with the entities involved.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:55 pm

That would be awesome. Doubt they would want to give off any impression that activity is occurring there- although I believe they must know by now that it is- whether cold gusts of air or bumps in the night

I believe some neighbours and locals know the house is haunted but it is kept quiet

Interesting to note: when I was in NYC on business before christmas I had dinner with a girl in the city who grew up a few blocks from the house and she said her and some of the neighbourhood kids avoided the house because they always felt like they were being watched and also had a negative intuition about the house.

She also said there was an incident where a repairman or serviceman who was a friend of her family was doing work on the house and something happened that spooked him and he flat our refused to go back to the house and would not talk about it afterward.

I believe the locals there know more than they let on....

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:16 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:That would be awesome. Doubt they would want to give off any impression that activity is occurring there- although I believe they must know by now that it is- whether cold gusts of air or bumps in the night

I believe some neighbours and locals know the house is haunted but it is kept quiet

Interesting to note: when I was in NYC on business before christmas I had dinner with a girl in the city who grew up a few blocks from the house and she said her and some of the neighbourhood kids avoided the house because they always felt like they were being watched and also had a negative intuition about the house.

She also said there was an incident where a repairman or serviceman who was a friend of her family was doing work on the house and something happened that spooked him and he flat our refused to go back to the house and would not talk about it afterward.

I believe the locals there know more than they let on....
Someone needs to come forward though and not be scared to admit its haunted. You can blame hauntings on mental illness but theres drugs which help people to get better to prove its another issue affecting them.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Victoria Principles
I Am Insane
Posts: 3101

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Victoria Principles » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Been a while since I've heard any updates about the new people (a family with kids I think?) Who are living there.

Any locals have any news? Are they still there?
The new people are anonymous and will stay anonymous.

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:29 am

Victoria Principles wrote:
OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Been a while since I've heard any updates about the new people (a family with kids I think?) Who are living there.

Any locals have any news? Are they still there?
The new people are anonymous and will stay anonymous.
Why? That's dumb.

They have a huge opportunity. Why waste it?
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
DC Fan
Amityville Addict
Posts: 333

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by DC Fan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:52 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Someone needs to come forward though and not be scared to admit its haunted.
Amit Y Ville wrote:They have a huge opportunity. Why waste it?
They have an opportunity to do what? Whatever they say or show would not change anyone's opinion and you are a good example of this. I find it ironic that you are calling people scared when they have the courage to stay in that place that you insist is haunted, no matter how long they stay there.

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:10 am

DC Fan wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Someone needs to come forward though and not be scared to admit its haunted.
Amit Y Ville wrote:They have a huge opportunity. Why waste it?
They have an opportunity to do what? Whatever they say or show would not change anyone's opinion and you are a good example of this. I find it ironic that you are calling people scared when they have the courage to stay in that place that you insist is haunted, no matter how long they stay there.
They have the opportunity to come forward and provide evidence of a haunting or to the contrary.

I live in Europe and I'd happily approach them if the house was reasonable to get to. I've visited some real haunted houses and been on a pilgrimage to Aleister Crowley's house where Satanism and the whole demonic worship thing started - I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty. If I can't convince them myself the community here should come together to propose an idea. Not only could they affect the Amityville legend but also make some money out of it.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

User avatar
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness
Posts: 477
Location: Newcastle UK

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:36 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:
DC Fan wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Someone needs to come forward though and not be scared to admit its haunted.
Amit Y Ville wrote:They have a huge opportunity. Why waste it?
They have an opportunity to do what? Whatever they say or show would not change anyone's opinion and you are a good example of this. I find it ironic that you are calling people scared when they have the courage to stay in that place that you insist is haunted, no matter how long they stay there.
They have the opportunity to come forward and provide evidence of a haunting or to the contrary.

I live in Europe and I'd happily approach them if the house was reasonable to get to. I've visited some real haunted houses and been on a pilgrimage to Aleister Crowley's house where Satanism and the whole demonic worship thing started - I'm not scared of getting my hands dirty. If I can't convince them myself the community here should come together to propose an idea. Not only could they affect the Amityville legend but also make some money out of it.
Many members on here have experienced hauntings - Only last week I saw the ghost of Gloria Gaynor in my bedroom! At first I was afraid, I was petrified...
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

User avatar
believer
Amityville Member
Posts: 38

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by believer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:51 pm

Matt9290 wrote: At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

Did you survive?

User avatar
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness
Posts: 477
Location: Newcastle UK

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:07 pm

believer wrote:
Matt9290 wrote: At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

Did you survive?
I just told her she's not welcome anymore :D
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict
Posts: 510

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by jimmysmokes » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:56 pm

I buried my Shattered Hopes dvd's in my yard. Then later that night I had an evil hooded figure next to my bed glaring at me! It was Ryan Katzenbach.

He threatened to sue me.
FIRE THAT THING UP!

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:29 am

Why derail the thread? The OP wanted a topic about the new owners.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 am

Because these people are idiots who contribute zero substance to this forum and chase away people who have fresh opinions. This forum has drastically gone downhill the past few years. I know so many people who left because of the bs on here and it's a damn shame, because those people had valuable contributions to make and were good resources who actually had substance, unlike many people on here now..

User avatar
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness
Posts: 477
Location: Newcastle UK

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:21 am

Amit Y Ville wrote:Why derail the thread? The OP wanted a topic about the new owners.
The new people don't want to talk about it - it's a none-subject? Creating a topic about someone who lives in a house and just wants to get on with it, it seems like stalking to me - the thread needed derailed.

And the reason so many people leave this forum - even I took around five years away, is because of the attitude of people like OntarioGuy1988, who don't want a discussion, just a reason to bitch and have personal attacks on other members. Maybe they should just try developing a sense of humor :naughty:
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:04 am

"People like me Who don't want a discussion"

Wrong. People like me do want a discussion and everytime we try it always gets shut down or hijacked with total nonsense like what happened yet again in this thread

It is you people who don't want discussion- you try to hijack it and kill it every chance you get and also people who believe in the haunting and try to discuss theories are bullied and ridiculed by everyone else

Apparently you can't see your own hypocrisy

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:33 am

Here's the thing- I have been doing a private investigation into amityville of my own for the past several years. This has cost me a good deal of money and I have obtained documents and photos no one else has access to, I have interviewed locals and people who grew up in amityville (including someone who lived 3 doors down from the house and a repairman who was in the house on multiple occasions) and some of the things they have to say are shocking and could shed whole new light on the case

I was going to share them with this forum but today was the last straw- time and time again you have all (with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 of you) proven to me you are not worthy of this and do not deserve to see my findings that I have worked painstakingly hard to put together- with the overall immaturity and moronic behaviour of the members of this group.

Nice going, you all blew it. I will not be sharing any of it with anyone on here- it will remain part of my private collection for serious amityville enthusiasts only.

User avatar
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness
Posts: 477
Location: Newcastle UK

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:19 am

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:Here's the thing- I have been doing a private investigation into amityville of my own for the past several years. This has cost me a good deal of money and I have obtained documents and photos no one else has access to, I have interviewed locals and people who grew up in amityville (including someone who lived 3 doors down from the house and a repairman who was in the house on multiple occasions) and some of the things they have to say are shocking and could shed whole new light on the case

I was going to share them with this forum but today was the last straw- time and time again you have all (with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 of you) proven to me you are not worthy of this and do not deserve to see my findings that I have worked painstakingly hard to put together- with the overall immaturity and moronic behaviour of the members of this group.

Nice going, you all blew it. I will not be sharing any of it with anyone on here- it will remain part of my private collection for serious amityville enthusiasts only.
I think it is now quite obvious that the new owners do not want to be in the lime-light? You sound to me like the sort that would hang around outside the building making them feel uncomfortable and making genuine researchers (and people on this forum who have an interest in the original haunting) look bad. If they don't want to comment - that's the end of it. No need for further discussion?

If you did genuinely have something to share - why haven't you already after 145 submissions on the site - Instead of just picking other peoples brains? Oh yeah I forgot - we're not worthy :lol:

When trying to deflate the topic of the new occupants nicely with humor, you resort to personal attacks? You really don't sound like a genuine researcher - just someone out for psychic kicks And you're still name calling :naughty:
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

OntarioGuy1988
Amityville Addict
Posts: 156

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by OntarioGuy1988 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 pm

No- I would not go to the house and bother the occupants. I'm not some people on here (lol) For the record I do know the new occupants' last name through my investigation but I have not and will not share this or make this public- and I have certainly not reached out to them either- all I asked in this thread was if any locals had any updates about the house- I never asked for their personal info or anything of that nature.

I have been conducting my research into this mostly from Toronto where I am based and also in England where I have been on business the past few months after Christmas. I travel alot because I do private equity.

And I would especially not go near the house after some of the things I know from people who have lived there their whole lives.

The results of my investigation are all very new- past couple months is when everything really started to come together- but yes, as you've said I've reached out the past several years on here and "picked brains" with disappointing result- although I have met some great people on here.

Maybe in the future I will share some of the things I have, right now I'm sure you can understand why I would not want to given all of this

User avatar
Matt9290
Oh My Goodness
Posts: 477
Location: Newcastle UK

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Matt9290 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:40 pm

OntarioGuy1988 wrote:No- I would not go to the house and bother the occupants. I'm not some people on here (lol) For the record I do know the new occupants' last name through my investigation but I have not and will not share this or make this public- and I have certainly not reached out to them either- all I asked in this thread was if any locals had any updates about the house- I never asked for their personal info or anything of that nature.

I have been conducting my research into this mostly from Toronto where I am based and also in England where I have been on business the past few months after Christmas. I travel alot because I do private equity.

And I would especially not go near the house after some of the things I know from people who have lived there their whole lives.

The results of my investigation are all very new- past couple months is when everything really started to come together- but yes, as you've said I've reached out the past several years on here and "picked brains" with disappointing result- although I have met some great people on here.

Maybe in the future I will share some of the things I have, right now I'm sure you can understand why I would not want to given all of this
Sounds like we are on the same page? Delighted to hear that you have kept the new owners name to yourself. I can imagine the attraction of wanting to live there without wanting to be in the public eye or wanting to make money from it. I think they should be left alone to enjoy the place, and hopeful bring a bit of joy to somewhere that has been tarred by so much misfortune.

As with FaceBook, when I see a thread or post leading down a path I disagree with, I try to defuse it with humor rather than attacking it - sometimes this comes across a bit annoying to people - but it's just my way of trying to stay positive.

I have a really healthy respect for George and Kathy, and their experience in that house is something that really fascinates me. I think it is obvious that whatever took place was outside of the ordinary, and suspect whatever it was, left when they did. But I find it hard to believe that George was the cause intentionally.

If during your research you have found anything that can shine a light on this - I would genuinely love to hear it!

Toronto is a wonderful place, I visited the area many years ago... You guys take your hockey very seriously lol. What part of the UK did you find yourself in?
I wish I had the nerve not to tip...

User avatar
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict
Posts: 442

Re: Any news on the new occupants?

Post by Amit Y Ville » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Matt9290 wrote:
Amit Y Ville wrote:Why derail the thread? The OP wanted a topic about the new owners.
The new people don't want to talk about it - it's a none-subject? Creating a topic about someone who lives in a house and just wants to get on with it, it seems like stalking to me - the thread needed derailed.

And the reason so many people leave this forum - even I took around five years away, is because of the attitude of people like OntarioGuy1988, who don't want a discussion, just a reason to bitch and have personal attacks on other members. Maybe they should just try developing a sense of humor :naughty:
Actually, myself and Ontario were having a good discussion until you got here. Would you please stop derailing the thread? The only people I see being rude and attacking is you. Plus I actually LIKE the movie Funny Man in your avatar. I'm asking nicely here.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

Post Reply