some question i wanna ask...

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

some question i wanna ask...

Postby thanh03041993 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 am

HI all, I'm sure some of you veteran amityvillers can answer these for me!!

1, I think I read somewhere that Kathy Lutz sadly died 2004. Is it true, also I remember reading that she felt the 'demon' was with her all the rest of her life. Is this also true? Did Kathy & George divorce? Was it over the amityville case? Does George still feel the demon is around him too?

2, Has George ever been back to the house since he left that fateful day? Would he go back now if he could or would he be too scared? - it would be interesting to see if anything 'kicked off' in the house if he went there

3, If the new owners are so sure that nothing is still there why don't they allow one final investigation with proper, professional people, the recording equipment & investigative equipment is much more sophisticated now surely. This may finally put the case to rest & then they will be left alone there

Phew - a lot I know but they are just things that are floating around my head!!

Thanks in advance :wink:
thanh03041993
Amityville Member

Re: some question i wanna ask...

Postby Brendan72 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 am

Welcome to the board.

thanh03041993 wrote:1, I think I read somewhere that Kathy Lutz sadly died 2004. Is it true, also I remember reading that she felt the 'demon' was with her all the rest of her life. Is this also true? Did Kathy & George divorce? Was it over the amityville case? Does George still feel the demon is around him too?

Kathy passed away from valley fever in 2004. She had been suffering from this illness for a number of years. The best way to get an insight into what Kathy experienced would be to watch her in the History's Mysteries documentaries made in 2000. As far as Kathy and George's divorce was concerned and any connection to the haunting ... I cannot comment as it was something personal between George and Kathy. Also with George's comments on the experiences then for the rest of his life you should also listen to the interviews of which links are supplied here. George would not be able to comment today as he passed away in 2006.

thanh03041993 wrote:12, Has George ever been back to the house since he left that fateful day? Would he go back now if he could or would he be too scared? - it would be interesting to see if anything 'kicked off' in the house if he went there

George said he went back once with a 'Dr Heffernan' who said he could "smell flowers" and claimed it meant the house was cleansed . I think George said he wasn't fully convinced of the house being cleansed based on Heffernan's statement. I do not know when this visit occurred. George never actually stepped into the house again since they fled in 1976. His visit with Heffernan presumably was on the perimeter of the property considering it was private property.

thanh03041993 wrote:3, If the new owners are so sure that nothing is still there why don't they allow one final investigation with proper, professional people, the recording equipment & investigative equipment is much more sophisticated now surely. This may finally put the case to rest & then they will be left alone there

We do not know of any experiences by owners of the house following the Lutz's, though we can only speculate. To our knowledge there has been no investigation since the one on March 6, 1976 (by the Warrens) or on January 14, 1977 (by Prof Hans Holzer). Given the amount of negative and unwanted media and public attention over the last 40 years I am extremely dubious as to whether any investigation (if any) has occurred, or will occur in the future if it was allowed.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby DC Fan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:52 am

thanh03041993 wrote: If the new owners are so sure that nothing is still there why don't they allow one final investigation with proper, professional people, the recording equipment & investigative equipment is much more sophisticated now surely. This may finally put the case to rest & then they will be left alone there

If I may play Devil's advocate for a minute here:

1. The idea that it would put anything to rest is debatable at best. The Cromarty's already tried to convince the world of it just being another ordinary house. They appeared on an episode of That's Incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFmW7tSmmY&t=406s

2. They more than likely do not share your belief that psychic investigators engage in any kind of science or that they constitute "professional people".

3. They probably take the position that they should not have to shoulder a burden of proof regarding a private home that they have the courage to inhabit.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby Bodie_Rose » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:46 am

DC Fan wrote:
thanh03041993 wrote: If the new owners are so sure that nothing is still there why don't they allow one final investigation with proper, professional people, the recording equipment & investigative equipment is much more sophisticated now surely. This may finally put the case to rest & then they will be left alone there

If I may play Devil's advocate for a minute here:

1. The idea that it would put anything to rest is debatable at best. The Cromarty's already tried to convince the world of it just being another ordinary house. They appeared on an episode of That's Incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFmW7tSmmY&t=406s

2. They more than likely do not share your belief that psychic investigators engage in any kind of science or that they constitute "professional people".

3. They probably take the position that they should not have to shoulder a burden of proof regarding a private home that they have the courage to inhabit.

Totally agree with this.

Also, any new investigation would only draw more attention to the house and the town.

The Cromarty's seem to get a lot of criticism for going public, but I really feel for them. When they bought the house, the haunting story had pretty much died down and they had no idea what was about to hit them. I don't think they really had a choice to go public either, the attention came to THEM. Their house became the focus of a massive s***storm of gawkers and media attention and I think anyone in their position would have tried desperately to defend their home and themselves.
Bodie_Rose
Amityville Addict

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 pm

What the hell would they have to investigate?
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 pm

Bodie_Rose wrote:Totally agree with this.

Also, any new investigation would only draw more attention to the house and the town.

The Cromarty's seem to get a lot of criticism for going public, but I really feel for them. When they bought the house, the haunting story had pretty much died down and they had no idea what was about to hit them. I don't think they really had a choice to go public either, the attention came to THEM. Their house became the focus of a massive s***storm of gawkers and media attention and I think anyone in their position would have tried desperately to defend their home and themselves.

Unfortunately over the years the Amityville haunting has been largely black and white in terms of pro-haunting or hoax.

So when someone would comment that perhaps the Cromarty's had a legitimate issue invasion of privacy you would on one hand have some haunting advocates say "why did you buy that house if you knew the history of the property?" while it validated people claiming it was a hoax when the Cromarty's would go public and say nothing was wrong with the house.

It is important to think that yes maybe the Cromarty's did have a valid issue with invasion of privacy whether they knew the house's history before buying or not. You could agree with them in this respect while still having a belief that the haunting was real or thinking it was a hoax. It should not compromise one's belief in either side of the spectrum.

Alternatively I can understand if someone who owned the house after the Lutz's did have experiences, why it would not be made public. They could see what it did to the Lutz's and err on the side of caution. How successfully it would remain private on the other hand can be the subject of much speculation. So if any results of such an investigation revealed anything it also would not be made public.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby DC Fan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 am

Brendan72 wrote:Alternatively I can understand if someone who owned the house after the Lutz's did have experiences, why it would not be made public. They could see what it did to the Lutz's and err on the side of caution. How successfully it would remain private on the other hand can be the subject of much speculation. So if any results of such an investigation revealed anything it also would not be made public.

Even if the results were to be made public it wouldn't change opinions, just like the polygraphs that George and Kathy took didn't change anyone's opinion. So yes, there is logically that element that a new owner having an investigation conducted would be doing it for his own purposes. I just would add here my suspicion that any subsequent owner who may end up convinced that he is potentially risking levitation and physical assault would want to leave.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 am

DC Fan wrote:
Brendan72 wrote:Alternatively I can understand if someone who owned the house after the Lutz's did have experiences, why it would not be made public. They could see what it did to the Lutz's and err on the side of caution. How successfully it would remain private on the other hand can be the subject of much speculation. So if any results of such an investigation revealed anything it also would not be made public.

Even if the results were to be made public it wouldn't change opinions, just like the polygraphs that George and Kathy took didn't change anyone's opinion. So yes, there is logically that element that a new owner having an investigation conducted would be doing it for his own purposes. I just would add here my suspicion that any subsequent owner who may end up convinced that he is potentially risking levitation and physical assault would want to leave.

The polygraph test is a classic example of having factors both supporting and refuting the haunting. For instance the inadmissibility in court of the polygraph is indicative, from the point of view of the hoax advocate, that it cannot truly measure whether a person is actually telling the truth so by extension does not in any way mean that George and Kathy were telling the truth. Despite the fact that both took the test and passed at the same time and it was conducted by leading experts in the field at the time. I am lead to believe that law enforcement still use it in the course of investigations with suspects.

Having said that if the polygraph was granted admissibility in a court of law and was in the 99% range of reliability it probably would not make any difference as there are individuals out there who firmly believe, for one reason or another that it is a hoax. And frankly they are entitled to their opinion just as we are to ours.
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby jimmysmokes » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 am

The polygraph and its tests aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

http://skepdic.com/polygrap.html

Nice little vid at the bottom of this article also! Try again boys...
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:39 pm

jimmysmokes wrote:The polygraph and its tests aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Neither is the paper you roll your stash with.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby jimmysmokes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Victoria Principles wrote:
jimmysmokes wrote:The polygraph and its tests aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

Or the paper you wipe with
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:00 am

jimmysmokes wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:

Or the paper you wipe with

That is a lot to absorb :)
- Brendan72

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby jimmysmokes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 am

It must be a terrible mess of bs she has to clean
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 am

jimmysmokes wrote:It must be a terrible mess of bs she has to clean

Does your mommy clean up your basement bedroom after you smoke through your stash?
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Return to Amityville Discussion