Alice Cooper

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics
sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Alice Cooper

Post by sherbetbizarre » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:16 pm

Interview in the new Rolling Stone for his album "Paranormal"
Have you ever had an experience with the paranormal in the traditional sense of the word?

Yes. It was a very odd thing. Joe Perry and I were writing songs for this movie called Monster Dog [which came out in 1984] at an old house in Copake, New York. Every time I would put something down – I'd go in the other room, I'd come back – it was in some other place. It was more playful than scary. We were both just out of rehab so we figured we were just insane. But when the two road guys said, "Jeez, I know I put 'em there and they were on the other side of the room when I came back."

That night at dinner, there's a basement right under us and it sounds like somebody's moving furniture down there. It's not just a bump or a little thing: It sounds like 20 people are moving furniture. And it's not like the movies where you go, "Let's go see what that is." It was more like, "Do you know where the car keys are?" We got out of there that night.

Then I asked my manager, Shep [Gordon], "What is it with your house up in Copake?" And he said, "Oh, the guy wrote Amityville Horror there." He said, "My mom had a dinner party there one night where the dining table moved a foot to the left with everybody sitting there." I went, "And you were gonna tell me this when?" So yeah, that was paranormal. I can't explain any of that.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... nd-w494001

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Re: Alice Cooper

Post by Ayko » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:58 am

You, and Alice, and Rolling Stone, forgot to mention:
-the close personal ties in recent years Cooper has to the Weinstein Company of 'Amityville: The Awakening' fame,
-the fact that Joe Perry never worked on songs for the Spanish B-movie, 'Monster Dog', while he was busy touring with Aerosmith under managent of Shep Gordon rival, Tim Collins, in the late 70s and 80s,
-that a paranormal event is not necessary to see through the lies and advertising Propaganda.

Is that the best you all can do? lol
(sherbetbizarre: calm down.)
Father Ryan: I'm not in the habit of blaming Satan for every phenomenon.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Ayko wrote:Is that the best you all can do? lol
It was never posted to prove anything!

Monster Dog is Italian BTW, and only contains two Cooper songs, which I'm sure the Aerosmith guitarist would have had to contribute to between touring (plus nobody else is saying Perry wasn't involved)

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:12 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:Interview in the new Rolling Stone for his album "Paranormal"
Have you ever had an experience with the paranormal in the traditional sense of the word?

Yes. It was a very odd thing. Joe Perry and I were writing songs for this movie called Monster Dog [which came out in 1984] at an old house in Copake, New York. Every time I would put something down – I'd go in the other room, I'd come back – it was in some other place. It was more playful than scary. We were both just out of rehab so we figured we were just insane. But when the two road guys said, "Jeez, I know I put 'em there and they were on the other side of the room when I came back."

That night at dinner, there's a basement right under us and it sounds like somebody's moving furniture down there. It's not just a bump or a little thing: It sounds like 20 people are moving furniture. And it's not like the movies where you go, "Let's go see what that is." It was more like, "Do you know where the car keys are?" We got out of there that night.

Then I asked my manager, Shep [Gordon], "What is it with your house up in Copake?" And he said, "Oh, the guy wrote Amityville Horror there." He said, "My mom had a dinner party there one night where the dining table moved a foot to the left with everybody sitting there." I went, "And you were gonna tell me this when?" So yeah, that was paranormal. I can't explain any of that.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... nd-w494001
An interesting factoid.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:12 am

sherbetbizarre wrote:It was never posted to prove anything!

Monster Dog is Italian BTW, and only contains two Cooper songs, which I'm sure the Aerosmith guitarist would have had to contribute to between touring (plus nobody else is saying Perry wasn't involved)
An Italian financed movie that was so cherished they filmed it in Spain. If not posted to prove anything then why post it?! You need to calm down, sherbetbizarre!

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:15 am

Brendan72 wrote:An interesting factoid.
...that Alice Cooper takes too many drugs and is a liar?! Okay, if you say so?!

'Paranormal', by Alice's own admittance, his first album without a theme, so what does it have to do with his lie of such an experience?!

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:32 am

The only time Alice was scary was in the creepy movie Prince Of Darkness.

A drug user like Alice saying this about ghosts means it MUST be true. :D
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:52 pm

Ayko wrote:If not posted to prove anything then why post it?!
:think:

gator812k
Amityville Member

Post by gator812k » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Ayko wrote:

'Paranormal', by Alice's own admittance, his first album without a theme, so what does it have to do with his lie of such an experience?!
Says the guy who lied about his military experience and proven so by Scipio... Ohh well. Thanks for the interesting link to Alice Cooper, Sherb.

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:53 am

gator812k wrote:Says the guy who lied about his military experience and proven so by Scipio... Ohh well. Thanks for the interesting link to Alice Cooper, Sherb.
What military experience?! If you are meaning my civilian contract working for the US Army in Germany in the 90s making minimum wage doing nothing of significance then you are grasping at straws. Look around at the world and the state of drugs, terrorism running rampant, and media bogus everywhere, then being part of any police or military force would embarass me! I Wouls never bragged about anything (like that) and only you/jimmysmokes and scipio make a big deal out of nothing because you have nothing on me. You want to run scared too?! Even if I had did whatever it is you are accusing me of, what good would it do me? None! Keep on pushing. I dare you.

Also, Jay Anson was never in Copake, 'Monster Dog' was distributed by an Italian firm but was filmed totally in Spain so, for me, it is both Italian and Spanish, and Joe Perry never worked on songs with Cooper for that film (unless you can prove it).

Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Post by Amit Y Ville » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:32 am

gator812k wrote:
Ayko wrote:

Says the guy who lied about his military experience and proven so by Scipio... Ohh well. Thanks for the interesting link to Alice Cooper, Sherb.
No attacking please.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."

horsysauce
Amityville Member

Post by horsysauce » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:14 am

Yeah, why or where are the administrators here? This gator dope went on the attack and they sit back and do nothing! Anyone else they will delete or gang up on.

Btw, wasn't that scipio also a lying moron who was posting on other sites under false names? Just another clown

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 am

Ayko wrote:Also, Jay Anson was never in Copake
I was meaning to look up where he wrote the book. Any ideas?
and Joe Perry never worked on songs with Cooper for that film (unless you can prove it).
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=_nT ... og&f=false

kudzu
Amityville Addict

Post by kudzu » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 am

sherbetbizarre wrote: I was meaning to look up where he wrote the book. Any ideas?
A NYT article from 77 says Anson was a resident of Roslyn, NY. Doesn't mean he wrote the book there necessarily, but I'd say the probability is high. Article also says the house is in "Amityvine". LOL.

http://www.nytimes.com/1977/10/09/archi ... story.html

Jimmie_R
Amityville Member

Post by Jimmie_R » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 am

I think some clarification is in order here..

The songs included in the movie Monster dog was both written and recorded after Alice got clean from both alcohol and cocaine.
In fact he "only" did cocaine between 1978 - 1983, he did drink a lot and became an alcoholic in the mid 70s, went into rehab late 1977 but fell of the wagon about half a year later.
Since late 1983 Cooper has been sober and clean.

The songs of the film, "Identity Crises" and "See Me In The Mirror", were composed and arranged by Alice himself and Teddy Bautista.
Joe Perry had nothing to do with Monster Dog, Alice quite often and naturally remembers things in the wrong order.. (who wouldn´t after 35 years?)

Alice and Perry was supposed to work on an album together in 1984/85 but nothing came of it. They are now playing in a band together just for fun called The Hollywood Vampires.

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:12 am

Jimmie_R wrote:The songs of the film, "Identity Crises" and "See Me In The Mirror", were composed and arranged by Alice himself and Teddy Bautista.
Is he getting Joe and Teddy mixed up?

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:45 pm

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Jimmie_R wrote:The songs of the film, "Identity Crises" and "See Me In The Mirror", were composed and arranged by Alice himself and Teddy Bautista.
The only person 'mixed up' and confused is sherbetbizarre reading and quoting only that what he wants ignoring the rest.
Jimmie_R wrote:The songs of the film, "Identity Crises" and "See Me In The Mirror", were composed and arranged by Alice himself and Teddy Bautista. Joe Perry had nothing to do with Monster Dog...
Btw, thanks for the good and expanded info, Jimmie_R. I appreciate it even if the admin mod reads only half and gets confused.

Also, I should not have called Alice Cooper a liar because I am sure that some media agent and/or friend/contacts of his from Weinstein Company (Amityville: The Awakening), who are desperate for some positive media exposure, had him mention the incident I believe never happened. An advertising gimmick probably done with Cooper feeling sorry for the Weinsteins and if it gives a free ad for his new album, what the heck. So, I take that back labeling Cooper a liar. Still, it is not true.

Poor 'Amityville: The Awakening'-a FLOP and not even (officially) released yet. Poor Bob Weinstein swimming in money and desperation. Poor sherbetbizarre, confused (mixed up as he puts it) and again showing us all his lack of interest and his lack of factual information (he obviously does not check for authenticity or accuracy). He was meaning to look it up but didn't and asks us to. :doh:
sherbetbizarre wrote:I was meaning to look up where he wrote the book. Any ideas?

sherbetbizarre
Administrator

Post by sherbetbizarre » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Ayko wrote: The only person 'mixed up' and confused is sherbetbizarre reading and quoting only that what he wants ignoring the rest.
What am I ignoring?

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:49 am

Do you even read the posts (in full) here?!
sherbetbizarre wrote:
Ayko wrote: The only person 'mixed up' and confused is sherbetbizarre reading and quoting only that what he wants ignoring the rest.
What am I ignoring?

NOW READ (and compare here again below or above in my previous post):

sherbetbizarre wrote:
Jimmie_R wrote:The songs of the film, "Identity Crises" and "See Me In The Mirror", were composed and arranged by Alice himself and Teddy Bautista. Joe Perry had nothing to do with Monster Dog...

Plus, you are also ignoring gator812k and deleting the truth (on the 'truth board') will not make the truth go away (mommy and daddy never teach you that?!) but it will come back to haunt you....Cheers!

Brendan72
Forest Giant

Post by Brendan72 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:25 am

I don't think that Sherb posted the article to prove authenticity but merely to show that Amityville was referenced in an article by Alice Cooper.

And yes Alice Cooper may have made that statement for publicity so I guess you do make (at least one) valid point meaning someone does pay attention to you, however I somehow do not think that Sherb is ignoring you, or deleting the truth (what ever 'truth' you may be referring to). And before you accuse me (perhaps) of coming to Sherb's aid, I can tell you that Sherb is capable of handling the occasional post from you.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Post by Ayko » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:30 am

Brendan72 wrote:I don't think that Sherb posted the article to prove authenticity but merely to show that Amityville was referenced in an article by Alice Cooper.

And yes Alice Cooper may have made that statement for publicity so I guess you do make (at least one) valid point meaning someone does pay attention to you, however I somehow do not think that Sherb is ignoring you, or deleting the truth (what ever 'truth' you may be referring to). And before you accuse me (perhaps) of coming to Sherb's aid, I can tell you that Sherb is capable of handling the occasional post from you.
You call this coming to his aid?! Well, at least you admit he needs it. lol

That is fine if he posted an article with reference to The Amityville Horror (author). And it should be fine when I give my opinion of that article as I did. It was nothing personal against anyone except to show the lack of time invested in moderating:
Ayko wrote:You, and Alice, and Rolling Stone, forgot to mention:
-the close personal ties in recent years Cooper has to the Weinstein Company of 'Amityville: The Awakening' fame,
-the fact that Joe Perry never worked on songs for the Spanish B-movie, 'Monster Dog', while he was busy touring with Aerosmith under managent of Shep Gordon rival, Tim Collins, in the late 70s and 80s,
-that a paranormal event is not necessary to see through the lies and advertising propaganda.
You state that you 'somehow' (nobody knows how?!) do not think that sherbetbizarre is ignoring me? Nobody accused him of ignoring me. I stated that he is ignoring the 'gator812k truth'. I showed in that deleted post that he is gator812k. If he can handle the occasional post from me, why then delete that post/proof? Why not leave it and explain?...Cheers!