Conjuring-Smurls and Malachi Martin?

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Conjuring-Smurls and Malachi Martin?

Postby jecht » Tue May 23, 2017 8:46 pm

Two things:

1) Do you guys ever think they will make a Conjuring based on the Smurl case? I'd love to see that. I know the others have been related to Warren-related cases.

2) Also, have any of you read Hostage to the Devil? That was a weird book, but lots of Warrens and a few Amityville references.
Josh :)

https://www.amazon.com/Hostage-Devil-Possession-Contemporary-Americans/dp/006065337X
Kosar to Slaughter! Touchdown Browns!
jecht
Amityville Member

Re: Conjuring-Smurls and Malachi Martin?

Postby Ayko » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am

Two (more) things:

1) Why do they always call a movie that has to do with the supposed experiences of the Warren's 'Conjuring' especially when we have yet to see somebody conjure up a ghostly entity, or anything (worthwhile to watch) at all?!

2) I have not read 'Hostage To The Devil' but, I have seen the movie 'Deliver Us From Evil' based on the non-fiction account 'Beware Of The Night' which describes the events surrounding the exorcism performed by the Jesuit priest Mendoza and NYPD officer Ralph Sarchie. It is not bad (nothing over the top), for a film, but includes very little from the actual accounts which is strange since they would make a great story/movie.
Luke 8-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliver_U ... (2014_film)
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Thu May 25, 2017 1:45 am

jecht wrote:
2) Also, have any of you read Hostage to the Devil? That was a weird book, but lots of Warrens and a few Amityville references.
Josh :)

https://www.amazon.com/Hostage-Devil-Possession-Contemporary-Americans/dp/006065337X

Although I have not read any of his books Father Malachi Martin did quite a few interviews with Art Bell during the mid- to late-1990's. They are worth a listen to. Not sure how you can find them though without having to actually pay for them.

In the 2002 interview with George Lutz, Art Bell said to George that Malachi Martin mentioned Amityville during the 'course of a live interview' being the most 'haunted house' in America. I also heard the rumour that Father Martin based his comment on knowing the Catholic Church was more involved than they publicly indicated, or that even Father Martin performed an 'exorcism' or 'cleansing' on the house himself. Given Father Martin's influential position in the Church at the time (he was said to have advised several Popes), I considered this to be worthy of following up.

From this I tried finding the interview where Amityville was mentioned but could not find it, making me think later that during the 'course of an interview' although could mean live, what the edited version might not be the same in its entirety. I am not sure why Art Bell would say that and no actual recording existing, or he perhaps got confused over the course of time (having done so many interviews). George did ask Art Bell whether his claims were made live to an audience to which Bell replied they would have. So one can only speculate what this actually means at the end of the day. After the hours of listening to all the interviews I could find, I was no further than where I started.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby Amit Y Ville » Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 am

San Pedro haunting has to be TC3.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby jecht » Thu May 25, 2017 8:36 am

TC3?
jecht
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Thu May 25, 2017 1:29 pm

There was talk of a 'The Conjuring 3' but it has faded. Perhaps our big Y comrade would rather see a story about the San Pedro hauntings before (another) 'Hostage...'
jecht! Always your head in the TC Terminator Continuum...
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Amit Y Ville » Thu May 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Ayko wrote:There was talk of a 'The Conjuring 3' but it has faded. Perhaps our big Y comrade would rather see a story about the San Pedro hauntings before (another) 'Hostage...'

San Pedro haunting is definitely underrated and overlooked. Jackie still believes the ghost of the old man still follows her. TC3 would own if they used that.
"Everything's sliding into place. Just ONE more sacrifice Lisa."
Amit Y Ville
Amityville Addict

Postby jecht » Thu May 25, 2017 7:17 pm

Ayko wrote:There was talk of a 'The Conjuring 3' but it has faded. Perhaps our big Y comrade would rather see a story about the San Pedro hauntings before (another) 'Hostage...'

Haha! LOL :)
jecht
Amityville Member

Postby jecht » Thu May 25, 2017 7:19 pm

https://bizarreandgrotesque.com/2015/07/14/the-jackie-hernandez-haunting/

Taff/Gaynor-the same guys who did the Entity haunting in Culver City. I hope the subject of that haunting was able to escape her hell too.
Josh
jecht
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:46 am

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am

Ayko wrote:The extended trailer....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU8A-a39-Pc

Not the Conjuring 3. This showed parts of other horror movies.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Ayko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:35 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Not the Conjuring 3. This showed parts of other horror movies.

Is that what it is? I don't usually go surfin' YouTube.com.
Why do they list it as Conjuring 3? Is there anyone left honest in this world except for me?!
In any case, thanks for clearing that up for me.
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Victoria Principles » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:00 am

Ayko wrote:
Victoria Principles wrote:Not the Conjuring 3. This showed parts of other horror movies.

Is that what it is? I don't usually go surfin' YouTube.com.
Why do they list it as Conjuring 3? Is there anyone left honest in this world except for me?!
In any case, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Read the comments on YouTube. They explain it.
Victoria Principles
I Am Insane

Postby Ayko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:45 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Read the comments on YouTube. They explain it.

Yes ma'am! Get right on it.
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:49 am

Victoria Principles wrote:Read the comments on YouTube. They explain it.

I see what you mean. I don't usually bother with that but, I see that is part of the curriculum of checking things out on YouTube.com. Maybe I should go back to staying away from YouTube.
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby Ayko » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:07 am

Ayko
Amityville Addict

Return to Amityville Discussion