Lorraine Warren Makes Absurd New (?) Claim About Amityville

General Discussion About Anything Amityville And Other Paranormal Topics

Lorraine Warren Makes Absurd New (?) Claim About Amityville

Postby Amityville Rock » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Lorraine claims she "levitated" while visiting the home. Check it out, everyone -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyrIWRV9t9Y
Special Guest Star

est. 1999
Amityville Rock
Amityville Addict

Re: Lorraine Warren Makes Absurd New (?) Claim About Amityvi

Postby underthegarden » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 am

Amityville Rock wrote:Lorraine claims she "levitated" while visiting the home. Check it out, everyone -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyrIWRV9t9Y

Big on claims, short on details. Not surprising. By levitating, did she mean a sensation of levitation, or actual levitation? I'm guessing the former. If the latter, it would be pretty amazing, since I don't think there have been any confirmed cases.

Sigh. I do believe in paranormal type activity, but I'm tired of so called paranormal "experts" making teaser claims and then never following up with an actual account of what happened. "The craziest thing happened, you won't believe it" sort of claims, followed by absolute silence. Or worse, the experts expect you to send Paypal funds to "get the real story" at some secret Facebook page. Oy.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby devilbustedinct » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:35 am

That was cringeworthy. Although I think she might have said "levitated OUT OF my body," meaning she took an astral projecting, time-shifting stroll through the spectral spirit realm, I wouldn't be surprised if she now claims that she levitated as well.

Keep in mind this is the same "Amityville expert" that repeatedly said the the Defeos were killed with a "high-powered shotgun" instead of a Marlin hunting rifle.

I guarantee if somebody gave her $1 billion to enter the house again she would be sitting in the Amityville kitchen making cookies and tea saying "Now come dear, have a seat and a sweet before we go up to the sewing room for a seance."
devilbustedinct
Walking the Burning Fence

Postby underthegarden » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:52 am

devilbustedinct wrote:That was cringeworthy. Although I think she might have said "levitated OUT OF my body," meaning she took an astral projecting, time-shifting stroll through the spectral spirit realm, I wouldn't be surprised if she now claims that she levitated as well.

Keep in mind this is the same "Amityville expert" that repeatedly said the the Defeos were killed with a "high-powered shotgun" instead of a Marlin hunting rifle.

I guarantee if somebody gave her $1 billion to enter the house again she would be sitting in the Amityville kitchen making cookies and tea saying "Now come dear, have a seat and a sweet before we go up to the sewing room for a seance."

I am trying to be fair and assume that whatever happened to her there (real or imagined) might have been traumatic. Maybe whatever she saw triggered some sort of psychological reaction that has continued to this day. That's awful, and I hope she continues to seek help/counsel.

STILL. ONE BILLION DOLLARS, just to walk into a house. If she has any philanthropic spirit, she could donate that money to parks, schools, and heck, even paranormal research.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby devilbustedinct » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:24 pm

underthegarden wrote:I am trying to be fair and assume that whatever happened to her there (real or imagined) might have been traumatic. Maybe whatever she saw triggered some sort of psychological reaction that has continued to this day. That's awful, and I hope she continues to seek help/counsel.

STILL. ONE BILLION DOLLARS, just to walk into a house. If she has any philanthropic spirit, she could donate that money to parks, schools, and heck, even paranormal research.

And the Oscar goes to....

It IS awful when somebody suffers psychological trauma that stays with them forever. In the rare event that is the case with Lorraine Warren, then of course I pity her and wish for a healthy recovery. However, I wonder about all the psychological trauma she and Ed have unnecessarily caused hundreds if not thousands of others over the decades (real or imagined).

I personally don't buy it. I'm willing to bet she takes no counseling whatsoever nor does she believe she needs it. If something preternatural destroyed my life and my spouse's life as well, and brought me and my family mortal danger and as close to hell as one can possibly get, the last thing I would do is continue to dive headfirst into it for another forty years. That's not heroic to me. That sounds rather foolish, unless of course there was no real danger to begin with.

A hero would say, like you mentioned, "Give me $1 billion to enter that house and I will donate all of that money to cancer, education, human rights, paranormal research, and a flip a few hundred million to help the homeless, starvation, animal rights, and use the rest to start a foundation for people and families to receive counseling after being exploited by others for profit." Now that, in my opinion, would be a true hero.
devilbustedinct

Postby underthegarden » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 pm

devilbustedinct wrote:
underthegarden wrote:I am trying to be fair and assume that whatever happened to her there (real or imagined) might have been traumatic. Maybe whatever she saw triggered some sort of psychological reaction that has continued to this day. That's awful, and I hope she continues to seek help/counsel.

And the Oscar goes to....

It IS awful when somebody suffers psychological trauma that stays with them forever. In the rare event that is the case with Lorraine Warren, then of course I pity her and wish for a healthy recovery. However, I wonder about all the psychological trauma she and Ed have unnecessarily caused hundreds if not thousands of others over the decades (real or imagined).

I personally don't buy it. I'm willing to bet she takes no counseling whatsoever nor does she believe she needs it. If something preternatural destroyed my life and my spouse's life as well, and brought me and my family mortal danger and as close to hell as one can possibly get, the last thing I would do is continue to dive headfirst into it for another forty years. That's not heroic to me. That sounds rather foolish, unless of course there was no real danger to begin with.

A hero would say, like you mentioned, "Give me $1 billion to enter that house and I will donate all of that money to cancer, education, human rights, paranormal research, and a flip a few hundred million to help the homeless, starvation, animal rights, and use the rest to start a foundation for people and families to receive counseling after being exploited by others for profit." Now that, in my opinion, would be a true hero.

Okay, watched the clip again, amd some observations:

1. Bad camera work & editing, maybe meant to distract the observer from what is both said and unsaid. Crappy cut at the end. This clip sucks. What is the point?
2. She does make it sound like she levitated out of her body.
3. She looks down a lot. Can't remember if this is a sign of lying, but it certainly seems so, on an intuitive level. Maybe she just can't remember. It has been decades.

Years ago, I felt sympathy for her due to perceived losses and pain. Now I feel sympathy in the same way I felt for my grandmother with Alzheimer's. I am not sure Lorraine is suffering from that particular horrible disease, but it does seem like she has delusions and memory loss, which is common at her age. If I was her granddaughter, I would try to push for counseling or at least meditation. She is probably resistant, I agree. But treatment can help prolong her mental and overall health, so it is a good idea. Oh well.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Postby Ayko » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:57 am

underthegarden wrote:Sigh. I do believe in paranormal type activity, but I'm tired of so called paranormal "experts" making teaser claims and then never following up with an actual account of what happened. "The craziest thing happened, you won't believe it" sort of claims, followed by absolute silence. Or worse, the experts expect you to send Paypal funds to "get the real story" at some secret Facebook page. Oy.

Same here. They'll stop, though, (sooner before later,) I do believe.
-Sulu from Star Trek TOS: Cross reigns with Spock and he'll cut you to pieces everytime.-
Ayko
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am

underthegarden wrote:Or worse, the experts expect you to send Paypal funds to "get the real story" at some secret Facebook page. Oy.

Does this actually exist? Are you saying there are some paranormal investigators who are asking for money just to get information via PayPal? I'm not talking about the Psychic Hotline, but I would be interested to see such a thing.

I would expect anybody Lorraine's age to have a little trouble remembering things among many other health issues. However, some people are as sharp as a tack even when they reach 100, such as Rose DeWitt Bukater Dawson:

At 101, she was able to recall in exact detail the days leading up to and the night of the tragic sinking of the Titanic, so who knows? This was a true story. The Titanic really did sink.

BTW - Anybody looking for some good paranormal dirt or the inside scoop on shady characters or curious cases, PayPal me $25 and I will send you the goods.
devilbustedinct

Postby DC Fan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:21 pm

I think people here are too quick to make an interpretation of a claim of astral projection, maybe due to being long time fans of the Warrens.

Did she mean "I levitated my body" or "I levitated. My body...." "in that house"? My sense of it is that this is a claim of physical levitation that would have been seen by others either way.

Could it be due to losing memory rather than an attempt to deceive? Sure it could be. But an unbelievable claim irregardless and, as Amityville Rock points out, a claim that seems entirely new.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:49 pm

I have never in all my years heard Lorraine say she physically levitated, nor have I ever come across a claim that said she did...in any of their cases. Ed, yes. She claims to have witnessed many levitations, but none where she was the one floating around. Even when describing her retrocognition/clairvoyance, or her out of body experiences, or whatever a light trance medium/demonologist calls it, she's never use the word "levitated" to my knowledge.

I find a video of any 90-year-old saying they levitated highly suspect, never mind the fact it is Lorraine Warren.

A claim of levitation is not to be taken lightly. While the audio on this video could be interpreted different ways and possibly taken out of context, and at her age any confusion can be forgiven, her meaning is clear; she levitated in some sort of way, and from the video I believe her to mean that she physically levitated. While their will never be a verdict, I call BS. You either levitated, or you did not. It's really that simple. Judging from her track record however, I think it's safe to say her feet never left the ground.

In any event, as far as I know this is a new claim for Amityville. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But as a poster mentioned above...who really cares?
devilbustedinct

Re: Lorraine Warren Makes Absurd New (?) Claim About Amit

Postby jimmysmokes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm

if you're going to read what dc fan posts, expect total bs! that's how this person operates. with questions for questions to throw off making any decisions about what went down or this stupid levitating thing. and you make a solid point! did she levitate or not? was the house haunted or not?

this is how the believers operate. they can't offer anything to substantiate their absurd claims so they resort to scatter gun tactics to keep from simply answering the questions. I've seen this many times with them and it's oh so predictable.
FIRE THAT THING UP!
jimmysmokes
Amityville Addict

Postby Brendan72 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:14 am

devilbustedinct wrote:I have never in all my years heard Lorraine say she physically levitated, nor have I ever come across a claim that said she did...in any of their cases. Ed, yes. She claims to have witnessed many levitations, but none where she was the one floating around. Even when describing her retrocognition/clairvoyance, or her out of body experiences, or whatever a light trance medium/demonologist calls it, she's never use the word "levitated" to my knowledge.

I find a video of any 90-year-old saying they levitated highly suspect, never mind the fact it is Lorraine Warren.

A claim of levitation is not to be taken lightly. While the audio on this video could be interpreted different ways and possibly taken out of context, and at her age any confusion can be forgiven, her meaning is clear; she levitated in some sort of way, and from the video I believe her to mean that she physically levitated. While their will never be a verdict, I call BS. You either levitated, or you did not. It's really that simple. Judging from her track record however, I think it's safe to say her feet never left the ground.

In any event, as far as I know this is a new claim for Amityville. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. But as a poster mentioned above...who really cares?

It is difficult to remember every detail of an event, traumatic or not, whether we want to remember (depending on trauma factor) or want to block it out (consciously or otherwise). Whether this applies to the case of Lorraine Warren and her recalling the Amityville case, I cannot know for sure as I was not there, I didn't experience it, and I do not take everything literally that is being said as the passage of time can distort or blur details. Each time you recall an event it can be slightly different. The levitating claim by Lorraine Warren doesn't always mean in the literal sense, or she probably intended to say she 'projected' but got confused? It doesn't always mean they are lying but when you get around 90 if your mental faculties and memory is as sharp as it is at 40 then it would definitely be something for the medical journals.
- Brendan72

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin. Comedian. (1937-2008)
Brendan72
Forest Giant

Postby DC Fan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:10 am

jimmysmokes wrote:if you're going to read what dc fan posts, expect total bs! that's how this person operates. with questions for questions to throw off making any decisions about what went down or this stupid levitating thing. and you make a solid point! did she levitate or not? was the house haunted or not?

this is how the believers operate. they can't offer anything to substantiate their absurd claims so they resort to scatter gun tactics to keep from simply answering the questions. I've seen this many times with them and it's oh so predictable.

You should get somebody who isn't on dope to read something for you first and tell you what it means before replying.
DC Fan
Amityville Addict

Postby devilbustedinct » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:39 am

jimmysmokes wrote:this is how the believers operate. they can't offer anything to substantiate their absurd claims so they resort to scatter gun tactics to keep from simply answering the questions. I've seen this many times with them and it's oh so predictable.

"Your love for the Halflings' leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

-Saruman to Gandalf the Grey

Substantiating absurd claims in the paranormal is nearly impossible, just like trying to prove the existence of gods and demons. It's an age old, endless debate, a fruitless argument, and only serves to distance people from each other like politics and religion. You either have faith, or do not. You either believe or you do not (or you walk the burning fence). All we can do is provide information and evidence that helps us draw our own conclusions and opinions. There is no way to prove who is right or wrong, however facts don't lie, and they are the key to helping us decipher what we wish to believe.

I wonder jimmysmokes what your purpose is here. This is one of the few lax forums where people with opposing views are welcome and not simply shunned or banned because their beliefs differ from that of the moderators, perhaps it is wise not to abuse that privilege unless you gain some sort of enjoyment from it. I have been banned from almost every paranormal forum I have posted my thoughts on Ed and Lorraine Warren on. Here, while many may not agree with me, I am free to speak my mind.

I'm not exactly sure what happened in my absence, but I sense a lot of hostility here. Unless I am mistaken and it is all friendly ribbing, jimmysmokes believes Amityville is a complete fairytale. Fine, many here do (or did). But when he makes personal attacks on the members, their spouses and their beliefs, I'm not sure what his point is. Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding.

I don't live too far from Amityville and I have also driven past the house, however I do not talk to the Lucky Charms leprechaun nor do I totally buy the Amityville story. It's simply an infamous landmark on Long Island, never mind the entire country, and I have always found the stories fascinating. Whatever one's beliefs are on Amityville, they do not diminish its popularity.

Whether Lorraine Warren levitated or not is a simple question. Whether the house is or was haunted is not so easy. It depends on what your definition of "haunted" is. When we say words like ghost, spirit, or demon, we are simply labeling the unknown with our own beliefs. It could simply be a gray area we have no understanding or comprehension of, or of course if could just be a fairytale.

I guess my point is jimmysmokes; maybe lighten up a bit (or light one up for a bit). I am interested in what you have to say other than insulting people. I may sound like a hypocrite due to the nature of my own posts, but that's because I AM a hypocrite. What is your excuse?
devilbustedinct

Postby underthegarden » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am

devilbustedinct wrote:
underthegarden wrote:Or worse, the experts expect you to send Paypal funds to "get the real story" at some secret Facebook page. Oy.

Does this actually exist? Are you saying there are some paranormal investigators who are asking for money just to get information via PayPal? I'm not talking about the Psychic Hotline, but I would be interested to see such a thing.

I would expect anybody Lorraine's age to have a little trouble remembering things among many other health issues. However, some people are as sharp as a tack even when they reach 100, such as Rose DeWitt Bukater Dawson:

At 101, she was able to recall in exact detail the days leading up to and the night of the tragic sinking of the Titanic, so who knows? This was a true story. The Titanic really did sink.

BTW - Anybody looking for some good paranormal dirt or the inside scoop on shady characters or curious cases, PayPal me $25 and I will send you the goods.

Yes, some paranormal researchers charge a monthly fee to access their findings in a secret FB page/participate in live streaming group EVP sessions. Monthly fees vary and offer different levels of access. The more you pay, the more exclusive access you receive. It's basically a new revenue model to help support group activities.

On one hand, I get it. I mean, just like any other organized group, it needs funds to survive. Also, I'm glad they are even publishing and documenting their research. It seems like a lot of paranormal groups go out and explore, but then never publish or share any of their findings. For instance, a local para group maintains a website with a list of sites they've visited, along with a brief note if the haunting was "confirmed" or "insufficient evidence." Maybe they'll post a brief clip, usually with some dorky horror music intro. Pretty much useless information. I guess putting good documentation out there (for a monthly fee) is better than nothing.

On the other hand, keeping findings and research on some private, members-only FB page sort of closes up information access to the field and makes information sharing more difficult. How can you find information if it is hidden? How can you share if you can't access some secret page (or hate Facebook)? It would be better to publicize information via a blog and encourage others to share their findings.
underthegarden
Amityville Member

Return to Amityville Discussion